Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's That Time Of Year
It's that time of year again... Finally... After a long awaited offseason, its time to lace up the cleats, pull up the girdle (awful visual, my bad), and buckle the chin strap for the opening week of the 2012 football season... I can almost smell it from my office...

If you're like me you've probably at this point, watched the olympics in its entirety, became burnt out on MLB, and while the NFL preseason has sufficed for the past week, after the first quarter (Matt Leinart reference coming) I would rather watch Greg Brady throw a tight spiral across the turf and drill Marsha in the face, than watch Matt Leinart botch another snap... So needless to say, I'm ready to watch some live mountain foootball action... I feel like I should say "yeyeyeyeye" after that... But I wont... Okay, maybe I did...

Anyway, it's been on my mind for weeks, and seeing as how I would imagine everyone on this forum is as excited about tomorrow night as I am, I'll throw the ball onto your (probably artificial) field... Be it as a fan or a player, what is your favorite/most memorable mountain football moment??
1981 Leslie Co. beating Belfry in Regional Play-off game at Belfry. Leslie had lost to Belfry 32-7 two weeks before the play-offs started. Belfry was picked to win State. Leslie had a 90 yd KOR by Wendell Maggard and went for 2 pt. conversion for win 22-21. Then stopped a Belfry drive to end Game. Belfry fans were Great they were many who came to our Dressing Room to Cong; and say well wishes. High School Football at it's Best.