4. Allen Central
5. Stumbo
6. South Floyd
7. Wesley

Best Player in the County
1.K.Poston AC
2.H, Wright Adams
3.T. Hamilton STUMBO

By County Tournament Allen Central will win it all.

Why can't Floyd co schedule games with teams outside their county. Martin co needs games.. No one will response . Had one team tell us they can't travel out of county .
I thought Allen would be the team to beat? Did they lose some players?
Little Rebel Woman,

How can you pick Allen as a middle of the pack team? Last year they won both the Conference and County Tournament in the B, C and K5 with an undefeated season in each. Even if there is hard feelings toward Coach Hancock for leaving Allen Central High School you still have to agree Alllen is a very good ball team.

Below are my picks for the upcoming season:

A Team

7) Betsy Layne - Lost 6 or 7 8th graders last year. I am sure they will get better as the year goes on.
6) Adams
5) Allen Central Middle - A young team with a great player in Posten. Coach Case is still trying to get them to play team basketball.
4) South Floyd - Coach Blocker did a great job her first year and the team improved. The point guard (Tackett I think) is a great player with a lot of promise.
3) Stumbo - Losing Coach Daniels will hurt. The Hamilton girl is very long and athletic and can create match up problems.
2) Wesley - Two great players in James and Nelson. The both are great shooters and you have to make them put the ball on the floor.
1) Allen - To much depth. They will rotate 8 or 9 girls on this team and not miss a beat. The main threat is Allison Hall.

B Team
7) Welsey - not sure if they will have a B Team
6) Adams -
5) South Floyd
4) Betsy Layne
3) Stumbo - Again a new coach and new system. Will be interesting to see how they react to the new coach.
2) Allen Central Middle - Led by a great player in Posten the team will again be a contender.
1) Allen - Coming off of back to back undefeated season these girls are ready to play. Speed, Speed and more speed on this team. Jana Jarvis will play the power forward position and make this a team that likes to press and run. Their defense is outstanding.

C Team
7) Adams - not sure if Pburg elementary is going to let their girls play up if so they may shock some teams.
6) South Floyd
5) Stumbo
4) Wesley - The younger James sister will get a lot of playing time. She is an excellent ball handler.
3) Allen Central Middle - Great group of girls coming from May Valley. Catbird did an excellent job there last year to make them improve.
2) Betsy Layne - great guard and a good big girl in the middle. Will be interesting to see how they handle the press.
1) Allen - Endicott, K. Jarvis and A. Newsome make this a very quick and athletic team. They press and run up and down the floor. Rebounding is questionable at times due to having to play the Guards off the B Team as your post players.

Top Ten Players in the County

1) Allison Hall (Allen) - Powerful. The best I have seen at throwing the outlet pass. Worked hard this summer to improve her shooting and post moves.
2) Jana Jarvis (Allen) - Can play any position on the team. Great ball handler who looks to pass. Had over 10 assists in two separate games last year. Practices as hard as she plays.
3) Tish Hamilton (Stumbo) - Real Athletic. Long and Quick.
4) Kacey Posten (AC Middle) - Great young player. very Athletic.
5) Abby James (Wesley) - Great ball handler and excellent shooter.
6) Tackett (PG from South Floyd) - Extremely quick.
7) Nelson (Wesley) - Pure spot up shooter.
8) Jenna Layne (Adams) - Good rebounder who can score inside.
9) Reese Endicott (Allen) - Great all around player. Can pass, drive or shoot. Great defensive player. Could move up on the list as the year goes on.
10) Kassie Jarvis (Allen) - A scorer. She attacks the basket and can shoot outside. Scores in bunches due to her pressure defense.

Should be an exciting year and cant wait for it to start. Each class has 2 or three teams that can compete for the county title.
oldfoggie13 Wrote:Why can't Floyd co schedule games with teams outside their county. Martin co needs games.. No one will response . Had one team tell us they can't travel out of county .

Coach,

Floyd County requires their schools to submit their county schedule prior to completing their out of county schedule. The coaches meeting is set for Thursday of this week.
AES Athletics Wrote:Coach,

Floyd County requires their schools to submit their county schedule prior to completing their out of county schedule. The coaches meeting is set for Thursday of this week.

Could you let Coach Hancock know that Dorton is very interested in playing Allen? Even if they can't travel, we will come to them twice. I tried to schedule them last year, but never got a response, but I think it would really help both teams to play each other. There are a couple other teams in Pike County such as Virgie and Pikeville that I know would like to play them as well.
Good luck on the season Allen Lady Eagles.
Ok Martin co is needing games . Contact Jason at 369-1772 or email me. [email]pammy_48_2004@yahoo.com[/email] if anyone could use some out of county games
I know girls season is just starting but who do you think is gonna win the girls 8th grade middle school state tourney?
my picks would have to be!

jenna layne (adams)- great down low and can handle the ball to
kaylee williams(adams)-quick,fast,great ball handler and can jump
allison hall(adams)-good down low and can rebound
abby james(wesley)-fast and can shoot
latisha hamiliton (stumbo)fast and tall but a little to aggresive
dance2122 Wrote:my picks would have to be!

jenna layne (adams)- great down low and can handle the ball to
kaylee williams(adams)-quick,fast,great ball handler and can jump
allison hall(adams)-good down low and can rebound
abby james(wesley)-fast and can shoot
latisha hamiliton (stumbo)fast and tall but a little to aggresive

Allison Hall plays for Allen not Adams.