Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4A District 6 Predictions
Finally saw the Cat Pause today. Their predicted order of finish was...
1. Knox
2. Russell Co.
3. Rockcastle
4. Clay

How would you rank them?

Admittedly I am a Russell County homer, but considering we return everyone and Knox is replacing a QB and some very big and talented linemen I would have reversed 1 and 2. However, I believe Knox will be really good and tough to beat at home. Rock is well coached and will play hard and I fully expect them to have a good squad! Looking forward to a great season of football! Two weeks from tonight we tee it up!!!!
Knox will be good. I saw Russell at a Couple Camps and I think the Cat Pause has the 1 and 2 reversed. Russell looked real good. QB is much improved.
Herd barger is back at knox so that will help them.

russell should be the favorite
1. Russell Co.
2. Rockcastle
3. Knox
4. Clay
Barger is playing but not QB they have a new QB looks great also added some Line men Knox could have the best team they have put on the field this year
1. Knox
2. Russell Co.
3. Rockcastle
4. Clay
In either case the Knox Russell game will be one to watch this year
No way that Russell isn't the clear pre-season favorite.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Been lurking waiting on the season to near. The Lakers should be the clear favorite and the game at Knox Central will be another barn burner. The Panther Nation was left with a bad taste after last seasons loss to the Lakers and they will be jacked up for this game. I honestly would be surprised if the Lakers don't make it to LexCath, but then again, I was surprised with their playoff loss last season.
Who are the best players from each team who is the studs
laker20 Wrote:Been lurking waiting on the season to near. The Lakers should be the clear favorite and the game at Knox Central will be another barn burner. The Panther Nation was left with a bad taste after last seasons loss to the Lakers and they will be jacked up for this game. I honestly would be surprised if the Lakers don't make it to LexCath, but then again, I was surprised with their playoff loss last season.

Not sure I would assume it will LexCath in the third round.
rustyankle Wrote:Who are the best players from each team who is the studs

As far as Russell County goes....Britt has scored 73 touchdowns in three years of high school ball should go over 100 by seasons end...Mann(Qb) has improved every year and should have a great senior season..Blake Ellis may be the best all around athelete on the team and can be counted on to make big plays in all phases of the game...Defense is led by three athletic linebackers..Whittle, Short and Fletcher....We also have a very good Kicker and all state punter in Lucas Williams
Russell has to be the team to beat IMO.
I know Whitley we have a very hard time again this year with them after seeing the players they had last year and seeing what they return.
I was pretty impressed with there defense, but Britt is a heck of a player.
64black&gold Wrote:Not sure I would assume it will LexCath in the third round.

I hope we get to play LexCath and Boyle.......in either order. That would mean we made it deeper in than we have in the new playoff structure. Based on last year I still have to give LexCath the pre-season edge, but I know the district race between the two is a toss up.
laker20 Wrote:I hope we get to play LexCath and Boyle.......in either order. That would mean we made it deeper in than we have in the new playoff structure. Based on last year I still have to give LexCath the pre-season edge, but I know the district race between the two is a toss up.

The old saying is you should becarful what you ask for (catholic/boyle) you just might get it lol and then theres highlands ouch....:Thumbs:
Russell County ran a very explosive offense last year with lethal quick scoring drives, however seemed to get bogged down when they were more contained and had to depend on a more grind it out offense. Patience on offense will be a key for quarterback Barton Mann if the Lakers are to improve this season. Can the Lakers offense learn to be content with short yardage plays and grind the game out when facing a team that contains Mr. Britt and his speed. Will the offense learn to use other weapons and the talents of others when needed or continue to rely on the "big play" to score. If lessons were learned from last year then the season could be very bright ,however, to much reliance on Britt in could spell doom for the lakers. Britt is exceptional but cannot carry his team vs. the more talented teams.
Daniel_BellCo Wrote:The old saying is you should becarful what you ask for (catholic/boyle) you just might get it lol and then theres highlands ouch....:Thumbs:

I agree with this totally. Russell Co. may win the district, but I don't think Rock or Knox is going to just hand it to them. These two teams are good defense and grind it out offense. But these teams are not at the level of Boyle & Lex Cath. in the past few years. I think the speed will help Russell against both Knox Central and Rockcastle this year and may help them get by them. But Lex Cath and Boyle have speed to match and not just by one player at one position. And we don't want to even talk about Highlands, or the massacre that would ensue there.
Is Russell still the clear-cut favorite as some said?
It should be a good game.
I would take Russell over Knox.

I believe the Rock/Clay game be just as good of a game.
HDE Wrote:Is Russell still the clear-cut favorite as some said?
It should be a good game.

At this point in the season, I expect the home field advantage serves as the biggest advantage in the district. Russell Co and Knox Central appear to be pretty evenly matched on paper, but the Lakers will have to enter the Panther Nation for this season's match-up. So, even though I think the Lakers have the better team, it will be a tough row to hoe overcoming the Panther's home field advantage. Will be a great game.
1. Knox
2. Russell Co.
3. Rockcastle
russell#1knox#2clay#3rock#4 i hope we can take this district undefeated would be nice would have homefield all the way to semis i think, one game at a time though ,take care of buisness each and every game, were good but not good enough to get the big head, that will get you beat ,did last year ,almost happened at north laurel also
The showdown is finally here.
I still think Knox has a slight edge.
Should be a very good game. Not sure that KC is as good 1-11 on both sides of the ball but I think they will have the best player on the field. My edge is for Knox Central.
1 Knox
2 Russell
3 Rock
4 Clay

Both games this week should be very good with the best one being Knox an Russell