Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New look Knox Central
You will see a new look to K.C. This year a whole different look, new Qb prob won't throw as much will run a lot more power game, just wonder how it will work out for them an coach Russell. Don't think they will be as good as the last few years but hope I'm wrong
I think they will have about the same look. Canady running the ball and catching the short pass. Mixing in a little run with Gist. Only thing that will look some diferent will be the line, lost alot there.
hoops_town Wrote:I think they will have about the same look. Canady running the ball and catching the short pass. Mixing in a little run with Gist. Only thing that will look some diferent will be the line, lost alot there.

They will struggle then.
True they lost a lot on the line but it will be quicker an strong than last year the line will surprise a lot of teams they execute very well, talk is you will see a lot of option plays this year be interesting to see how it all plays out.
I'm looking forward to seeing this edition of the Panthers. Coach Russell and his staff know how to work a plan to leverages what they have. The Rock game proved that last year. When the team executes his plan they fare well. Canady is awesome but he is far from a 1 man show with Evans, Gist, and at least one other player who folks will get to know and love this year.
Football1 Wrote:I'm looking forward to seeing this edition of the Panthers. Coach Russell and his staff know how to work a plan to leverages what they have. The Rock game proved that last year. When the team executes his plan they fare well. Canady is awesome but he is far from a 1 man show with Evans, Gist, and at least one other player who folks will get to know and love this year.

Who? Freshman? Transfer?:thanks:
Who are they playing out of district thats good?
cricketbed Wrote:Who are they playing out of district thats good?
Their games are as follows

South Laurel@ Lynn Camp pioneer Bowl aug 17
Knoxville Karns@ Corbin pigskin classic aug 25
Johnson Central@ Clay County aug 31
Gatlinburg Pittman@ home sep 7
Clinton County Tenn@ home sep14
Harlan County@ home sep21
Clay County@ Clay sep 28
Rockcastle County@ rock oct 12
Russell County@ home oct 19
Madison Central@ Madison oct 26
Personally I would like to see Coach Russell stop playing all these teams from Tenn. it doesn't help us when it comes playoff time, last years game cost KC the distict title cause they didn't have enough points in the tie breaker system. If they get teams from our home state then they wouldn't have that problem again.
panther nation Wrote:Personally I would like to see Coach Russell stop playing all these teams from Tenn. it doesn't help us when it comes playoff time, last years game cost KC the distict title cause they didn't have enough points in the tie breaker system. If they get teams from our home state then they wouldn't have that problem again.

You need to check your facts. Out of state games count just like instate games for that tie breaker. Coach Russell did not make that schedule.
Looks like things just got better in panther nation M. Barger along some others have now said that their going to play they are all headed to camp this weekend.
only 4 home games? i think this team can be a good as the last few.the athletes coming up through the ranks have had success and despite size,ability and "hype",know the game and play well.i trust coach russell to size up the talent and the strengths and weakness's of the team and make adjustments as needed.this is the first time i have seen 3 tennesse teams on the schedule,???? i mean i will enjoy putting a loss on a team from across enemy lines but where are the ky teams? liked to have had a corbin,bell,middlesboro,etc.
I would never take anything away from the past teams of Knox Central we have had some great seasons the past few years ....but i believe the the future can only get better! Ee have a great staff and an awesome bunch of kids right down to the middle school. Its gonna b a great season this year! ! Game of the year in the mountains will b Harlan @KC. !
dblr Wrote:I would never take anything away from the past teams of Knox Central we have had some great seasons the past few years ....but i believe the the future can only get better! Ee have a great staff and an awesome bunch of kids right down to the middle school. Its gonna b a great season this year! ! Game of the year in the mountains will b Harlan @KC. !
looking forward to that one too.last year,with the exception of a hail mary near the end, i felt we were solidly beaten.hc is a good team but a bit one dimensional"student body left,right,middle".its never easy at harlan county,hopefully we can turn it around this year.
Knox could have one of the best teams they have had, this year. Barger will be back as a receiver and DB also I heard the Cole kid came out this should be a plus. they will be stronger and faster. Central will play a very good schedule in Johnson Central, Harlan Co. and Russell. I believe these 3 games could go either way.
This is the order of finish that Cat Pause predicted
1. Knox
2. Russell Co.
3. Rockcastle
4. Clay