Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2012 Bluegrass State Games
What teams will be playing in the 2012 Bluegrass State Games, JV & Varsity Division?

I like the Bluegrass Games. Always a little sneak preview of the upcoming season and it doesn't count against teams scrimmage, games or tournament limitations.
From what I've heard, Pikeville will be going this year.
Teams Registered so far

Varsity

Betsy Layne
Boone County
Bowling Green
Central Hardin
CAL
Clinton County
Collins
Green County
Harrison County
Henry Clay
Lone Oak
Madison Central
Montogmery County
Owensboro Catholic
Rowan County
Ryle
Scott
Simon Kenton
South Laurel
Tates Creek
Washington County
Whitefield Academy
Woodford County

http://www.bgsg.org/assets/2245/BGSG_Vol...stered.pdf

JV

Betsy Layne
Boone County
Clinton County
Henry Clay (Blue)
Henry Clay (Gold)
Lone Oak
Owensboro Catholic
Ryle (1)
Ryle (2)
Scott
Simon Kenton (Frosh)
Simon Kenton (JV)
Tates Creek (Maroon)
Tates Creek (White)
Woodford County

http://www.bgsg.org/assets/2244/BGSG_JV_...stered.pdf
Pool play for Friday has been released. Online now at BlueGrass State Games website
Looking forward to this. We've got four 15th region teams in there. Here's to hoping they all perform well!
Hated to see Prestonsburg drop out of the Varsity competition. I think it is great to see Betsy Layne and Allen Central bring their Junior Varsity squad down. The only way the 15th region will ever be able to compete with the better teams down state is to build the program up. Very discouraging to see that Pikeville failed to bring their JV squad.
Really exciting to see Allen Central playing so well and holding their own up there. I'm anxious to see how they performed in the tournament today. I would agree, outside of ACHS the 15th is a long way from being able to keep up with the better teams in the state. Personally, I would have liked to have seen East Ridge there. At least Pikeville took a team at all.. only 3/16 schools in the 15th were there, 0/14 schools in the 14th (though Perry Central looks to have put their varsity in the JV play), and only 2/14 from the 13th. Only 5/44 mountain teams attending that event. I'm afraid East Ridge missed out!
Pikeville had a little bit of a rocky Saturday, dropping at least one game they could have won, maybe two. Biggest issue I saw was just due to it being early in the season and not a lot of practice time in, but by today, you could see a big difference from Friday night. Made it to the quarterfinals (I think it was the Bronze division), losing to Ft. Thomas Highlands. We were all very surprised Prestonsburg ended up not bringing anyone, and as for Pikeville not bringing their JV squad, I'd say that was probably more of a numbers issue due to the cost of lodging, feeding, etc. Good to see/talk with some of the people from Betsy Layne, we didn't see Allen Central, although we knew they were there.
Yes a very tough Saturday! But until Pikeville starts taking their JV program serious they are never going to have a solid program year in and year out. Three years ago they had sixty plus players that tried out for volleyball. This past year around 12-15. Seems less kids are interested for some reason.
Start taking their JV program serious? I remember last year's JV team from Pikeville beat East Ridge both times we played and I had heard they finished the season undefeated. Those two games were the only two games East Ridge JV lost all season.
Why did prestonsburg drop out? Would have loved to see how the 15 th region wil be.