Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th Region 2013
The 14th tournament will be a good one this year thats for sure. Estill isnt a top 3 in my oppinion though.
1 - Letcher Co. Central
2 - Hazard
3 - Estill Co.
4 - Powell Co.
5 - Leslie Co.
6 - Lee Co.
7 - Breathitt Co.
8 - Wolfe Co.
9 - Perry Co. Central
10 - Knott Co. Central
IMO 56th District is going to be great!!!

Letcher Co. Central with Coach Dean should be the favorite!!!

Wolfe Co. with hiring Coach Combs should be Top 5 by seasons end!!!
The young man seems excited. Keep your eye on Andrew Fields who is a freshman this year. He has a arm.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
1.Hazard
2.Letcher
3.Estill
4.Leslie
5.Breathitt
6.Powell
7.Lee
8.Perry
9.Knott
10.Wolfe. We are 10 right now, but if a couple of kids that played last year, don't come out, and so far they haven't. I would put Jackson City ahead of us because these kids started last year and will leave huge holes in the infield and outfield that we can't fill. It could be ugly. Each time they pitch one of their top 3 pitchers it will create 3 holes in the defense and offense that they just can't fill and if they throw Creech, it will create 4 holes because they have to bring their shortstop in to catch. This could be a very ugly season.

Spoke to Johnson today. Said he was playing baseball. Said the fastball was more like 88 mph. Not to shabby for a guy that doesnt even work on his game.
1. Hazard
2. Estill
3. Powell
4. Perry
5. Letcher
6. Leslie
7. Breathitt
8. Lee
9. Knott
10. Wolfe
I think Powell and Perry both are sleepers and will be something to be dealt with this year. I hear there is a lot of tension in Letcher County, a lot of parents and players not happy with some decisions being made. Knott will be back on top soon too.
Care to comment on the tension? From what I heard the boys are fine.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Thought so! Guys there is no tension on this team. They are ready, dedicated, and a great bunch of young men who think this is there year.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Lot of local kids cut this year while he kept a transfer from another school, of course cuts weren't made until after all of the fundraising had been done. Made cuts while still asking kids to come out. Seems like Dean has become the boosters lap dog just b/c they make sure he gets a cut of the concession sales and a nice Christmas bonus. One of the older boys on the team has a stinky attitude, talks down to the younger boys, almost like a bully would. Just a lot of different stories that you hear when you work in the school sytem with these younger boys.
in recent post bleacher creature has called coach dean a bully and a bunch of other names, i believe we have found one of those kids or their parents who have been cut. if kids cant make the highschool baseball team in letcher county they dont have a future of playing baseball at the next level.
No, don't have anybody on the team but work at the middle school and hear them talking, I don't like the way they say the coach talks to them but I am a big fan of baseball and hope they do well.
BleacherCreature Wrote:Lot of local kids cut this year while he kept a transfer from another school, of course cuts weren't made until after all of the fundraising had been done. Made cuts while still asking kids to come out. Seems like Dean has become the boosters lap dog just b/c they make sure he gets a cut of the concession sales and a nice Christmas bonus. One of the older boys on the team has a stinky attitude, talks down to the younger boys, almost like a bully would. Just a lot of different stories that you hear when you work in the school sytem with these younger boys.
The boys was aware of fundraising before tryouts and cuts, that was their choice to continue but as we all should know that's baseball. When it came to making cuts you have to keep your best talent if you want to compete at a higher level. One thing we know is these boys are a great bunch of young men and they are ready to start this season.
BleacherCreature Wrote:Lot of local kids cut this year while he kept a transfer from another school, of course cuts weren't made until after all of the fundraising had been done. Made cuts while still asking kids to come out. Seems like Dean has become the boosters lap dog just b/c they make sure he gets a cut of the concession sales and a nice Christmas bonus. One of the older boys on the team has a stinky attitude, talks down to the younger boys, almost like a bully would. Just a lot of different stories that you hear when you work in the school sytem with these younger boys.

BL-25-8.... Try outs are considered to be part of organized practice and shall be held during official practice periods spelled out in Bylaw 25....

Cuts legally cannot be made prior to February 15th because you can't have a tryout until then. Unfortunately fundraising is a year round task.
Does not win more than 8 games this year. They shutdown their middle school program and are bringing up middle schoolers to play. 6th and 7th graders have no business on a high school team. I think this was a big mistake, but everyone is drinking the Scott Cornett kool-aid. I feel bad for this team, had so much going for them and Jamie Couch decided he didn't want to coach anymore. Hey there is always next year.
Man, you guys are uptight, I didn't say that he did anything wrong, just that his players weren't happy. Hear a lot of Mom said, Dad said stuff. Said that he sent a note home tellng the players and parents to not post on here, facebook or twitter. Morale is way low and that effects a team.
Guys let's cool it. Their will be no slander, bashing of kids, teams, coaches, no revealing identities of any member on here, if any of those happens in this thread or any other thread throughout BGR, it will result in a warning and a 30 day ban. If you have an issue with someone, take it up with them in PM's, not on the board for everyone to see.

If you have any questions about this or about anything else, feel free to shoot me a PM and we'll talk and I'll help you the best I can!!

Thanks,

SK
Bleacher Creature "No CP08 I'm afraid its not the exception. He has just bullied his players and parents into not speaking out. He didn't even get out of district this past year if I'm not mistaken, in the weakest district I might add."

For someone so informed you seemed very misinformed, LCC has made it out of district every year and Coach Dean is the most successful coach the high school has had other than Volleyball and I notice that you did in fact did say he did something wrong...tsk tsk.

Letcher County Central, Hazard, and Breathitt behind their lefty have a change to compete at high levels and on any night could come up big.
Strikeout King Wrote:Guys let's cool it. Their will be no slander, bashing of kids, teams, coaches, no revealing identities of any member on here, if any of those happens in this thread or any other thread throughout BGR, it will result in a warning and a 30 day ban. If you have an issue with someone, take it up with them in PM's, not on the board for everyone to see.

If you have any questions about this or about anything else, feel free to shoot me a PM and we'll talk and I'll help you the best I can!!

Thanks,

SK
Thanks Strikeout King. This needs to be closed. This is sour grapes because someone's kid got cut. We totally support Coach Dean and his record and reputation speaks for itself. Would be very proud if I had a son to let him play for Coach. He is the hardest working coach we have at LCC and certainly not a political bone in his body.
Justin Johnson is coming guys getting ready.
Estill will be good this year, but dont rule out the underdogs just yet.
Bring him on...Rock
1. Hazard
2.LCC
3.Estill
4.Powell
5.Breathitt
6.Perry
7.Jenkins
8.Leslie
9.Lee
10.Wolfe County
11.Knott Central