Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley Basketball
Shelby Valley summerball is officially over and other than an injury to center Cody Belter it was very successful. They were 20-5 with a very young team which showed great promise. They went 8-2 at Transy and 8-0 at UVA Wise. Shelby Valley fans will have a lot to cheer about this coming season especially if you like to see a team that puts a lot of points on the board and good 3-pt shooting. They will definitely make some noise next season around the state.

Cody had shoulder surgery today and our prayers go out to him and his recovery.
Hang in there and the team loves you!
Here's wishing Cody a speedy and full recovery.
Hoping for a speedy full recovery !!!!
Cody will bounce right back, he's a tough kid with a great attitude! As for S.V., they have enough talent and ability to win the Region........ I also feel 3 or 4 other teams also possess the talent and ability to win the Region. Its going to be an exciting year!
Should be a fun year for 15th Region Basketball!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
What is the expected recovery time for Cody?
Cody has been rescheduled for surgery on July 10th and the recovery is 3 to 4 months. Everybody be praying for him on that day.
Thanks
Prayers go out to ya Cody. Pray for successful surgery & speedy recovery. Good luck young man.
what happ to him...may god bless
Wishing the big guy a speedy recovery. He will bounce back from this injury just fine. He had a very, very successful spring and summer and is really starting to turn heads not only down state, but across the country. Look for him to have a huge Junior year. The front court of Valley will be very strong, their success will depend on the play at the PG position. this will determine how far they can go
Look for several players to play the point and contribute (Jessie Lucas, Hunter Swindall, Dalton Richardson, Chandler Rowe, and Zach Tackett) and they will be solid as a total team this season. The big improvements will be defense and rebounding. Also, Corey Hamilton is playing very well and learning that his is not only a shooter but has developed other aspects of his game as have Zach Huffman a 6'4" wingman that can run the floor and shoot the 3 pointer very well he is very long and plays solid underneath.
I hope his recovery doesn't hinder his weight gain. I remember being stunned at how tall the kid was in person, even though I knew his numbers. Just hope he can get a bit stronger/heavier this offseason and that his shoulder does well.
Any truth to the rumors Ethan Rowe is playing pick-up games with Shelby Valley???
He could be playing pickup ball with anybody! Should he be playing pickup ball with players from other schools? Nothing wrong with playing and trying to improve.
It's going to be an exciting year in our neck of the woods this coming basketball season. From UPike to the battle in the 15th region, I look forward to it.
PantherTradition Wrote:Any truth to the rumors Ethan Rowe is playing pick-up games with Shelby Valley???

Is he transferring?
Cougar Connection Wrote:Shelby Valley summerball is officially over and other than an injury to center Cody Belter it was very successful. They were 20-5 with a very young team which showed great promise. They went 8-2 at Transy and 8-0 at UVA Wise. Shelby Valley fans will have a lot to cheer about this coming season especially if you like to see a team that puts a lot of points on the board and good 3-pt shooting. They will definitely make some noise next season around the state.

Cody had shoulder surgery today and our prayers go out to him and his recovery.
Hang in there and the team loves you!
Who actually keeps up with summer records??
I would say every coach knows there record in any season they play !!!!!
All coaches know that summer is summer, and that it is only a gauge for measuring what you need to improve on in the fall. Summer records does always not relate to a successful season. Matter of fact sometimes they are a let down. Summer basketball doesn't take in all aspects of the game, scouting, game preparation, parents, fans, officials, peers at school, and of course the press. I am sure that coaches have their summer records on their resume. lol!!!! :-)
They have some very good guards.
Hmmm I've been out of the loop for a while. What exactly happened with Belter?? When was it?
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
How are they in numbers?
Numbers are fine played ten deep this summer. Back to Back Middle School champions on this team from two different feeder schools will keep the numbers of quality players coming. Dorton and Valley will contend again this season so no rebuilding only reloading!
Last year a player named Dalton Cable hes about 5'7 played one game against Riverside Christian he was the manager for this team he is pretty good this guy deserves to be on the team this year no doubts!!
I was at a game at valley last year and it was against Riverside Christian and i saw a guy about 5'7 his name was Dalton Cable i think and someone said he was the manager last year but if he was he deserves to be on this team
Should give him the nickname jumper.