Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has Tyson Williams enrolled at Somerset?
Information has been rolled around the last few days that Tyson Williams from McCreary Central has enrolled or will be enrolling at Somerset soon. Somerset will already be IMO a regional and state title contender, with the addition of Williams Somerset will be very much in the mix. If Goins transfers from Pulaski County and can become eligible Somerset will be more than loaded.
Tyson Williams has enrolled at Somerset High School. His Mother has moved to Somerset. I guess that 70+ mile drive to work got to be too much. Somerset will be a Very Good Football Team.
IMO Somerset will be better than last year. The enrollment of Tyson will solidify Somerset's D line as one of the best in the state. Somerset's D will be nothing short of scary!
jumper1 Wrote:IMO Somerset will be better than last year. The enrollment of Tyson will solidify Somerset's D line as one of the best in the state. Somerset's D will be nothing short of scary!

I agree when you are as good as Somerset will be and add a Player like Williams it will make you better. Williams is a Good Def. player but he won TE award at WKU and Louisville Camp so he is also good on the other side of the ball. He may be best TE in the state.
I agree, Tyson will also help make Somerset's offense even more potent. Somerset is very talented at ALL skill positions. The O line will be the only question, the O line is good but lack depth.
jumper1 Wrote:I agree, Tyson will also help make Somerset's offense even more potent. Somerset is very talented at ALL skill positions. The O line will be the only question, the O line is good but lack depth.

I saw the Linemen at EKU Down and Dirty Camp and they looked very good. This could be a very good year for Somerset. They can develope some dept as the year goes on.
Cellking Wrote:I saw the Linemen at EKU Down and Dirty Camp and they looked very good. This could be a very good year for Somerset. They can develope some dept as the year goes on.

Johnathan Perdue has also transferred in from northern KY. If he doesn't start at center he will definately help on the depth chart.
I agree!!! The jumpers should be nasty this year!!!!
[quote=jumper1]Johnathan Perdue has also transferred in from northern KY. If he doesn't start at center he will definately help on the depth chart.[/QUOTE
Saw the kid at EKU Camp he looked pretty good. Him and Williams will be a great addition to Team,
I watched some video of Tyson on youtube....Wow. He will fit in very well!!
Tyson has indeed enrolled at Somerset. The jumpers look to be in great position going into the 2012-13 season, and the addition of both Perdue and Williams will help tremendously. The Williams kid is a raw but terrific athlete who has interest from any team that he has camped with because of his size, athleticism and ability to go up and get a ball. Perdue brings to the table a "family tradition" at offensive line, as well as two years of starting experience (were he to win the position, although I hear that Caleb Gross is playing well at that position as well, I would assume that the one who doesn't win it will see some time at guard). Looks like the Jumpers should contend for another region. Honestly with the times turned out from all the camps like Will Lange running a 4.5 at UK and putting on 25 LBS this off season, Will Hinton running a 4.6 at UK and maintaining a 200 LB frame, Cam Chevront running in the 4.4's and making the all state track team, Addison Thompson timing in the low 4.6's... There are several more, but this group of skill kids could be amazing. Lest we forget the Hybrid Tevin Slaughter who is a 4.7 kid at 240 who squats a house and benches a volkswagon. Kagen Skidmore, who is now 6'3 280 LBS running a 5.0 and moving well. Every camp that Kagen and Tevin have been to they have had interest as well. This year could be the year of the Jumper. They are most certainly better than what they were last year, and they weren't terrible then.
JumperPride1 Wrote:Tyson has indeed enrolled at Somerset. The jumpers look to be in great position going into the 2012-13 season, and the addition of both Perdue and Williams will help tremendously. The Williams kid is a raw but terrific athlete who has interest from any team that he has camped with because of his size, athleticism and ability to go up and get a ball. Perdue brings to the table a "family tradition" at offensive line, as well as two years of starting experience (were he to win the position, although I hear that Caleb Gross is playing well at that position as well, I would assume that the one who doesn't win it will see some time at guard). Looks like the Jumpers should contend for another region. Honestly with the times turned out from all the camps like Will Lange running a 4.5 at UK and putting on 25 LBS this off season, Will Hinton running a 4.6 at UK and maintaining a 200 LB frame, Cam Chevront running in the 4.4's and making the all state track team, Addison Thompson timing in the low 4.6's... There are several more, but this group of skill kids could be amazing. Lest we forget the Hybrid Tevin Slaughter who is a 4.7 kid at 240 who squats a house and benches a volkswagon. Kagen Skidmore, who is now 6'3 280 LBS running a 5.0 and moving well. Every camp that Kagen and Tevin have been to they have had interest as well. This year could be the year of the Jumper. They are most certainly better than what they were last year, and they weren't terrible then.

I agree all these kids are very good players and this could be a special year. Can't wzaite until the season starts.
JumperPride1 Wrote:Tyson has indeed enrolled at Somerset. The jumpers look to be in great position going into the 2012-13 season, and the addition of both Perdue and Williams will help tremendously. The Williams kid is a raw but terrific athlete who has interest from any team that he has camped with because of his size, athleticism and ability to go up and get a ball. Perdue brings to the table a "family tradition" at offensive line, as well as two years of starting experience (were he to win the position, although I hear that Caleb Gross is playing well at that position as well, I would assume that the one who doesn't win it will see some time at guard). Looks like the Jumpers should contend for another region. Honestly with the times turned out from all the camps like Will Lange running a 4.5 at UK and putting on 25 LBS this off season, Will Hinton running a 4.6 at UK and maintaining a 200 LB frame, Cam Chevront running in the 4.4's and making the all state track team, Addison Thompson timing in the low 4.6's... There are several more, but this group of skill kids could be amazing. Lest we forget the Hybrid Tevin Slaughter who is a 4.7 kid at 240 who squats a house and benches a volkswagon. Kagen Skidmore, who is now 6'3 280 LBS running a 5.0 and moving well. Every camp that Kagen and Tevin have been to they have had interest as well. This year could be the year of the Jumper. They are most certainly better than what they were last year, and they weren't terrible then.

I couldn't have said it any better! Take those lineman you mentioned and add Smith and Gilmore and you have one of the best D lines in the state. I'm looking more forward to the season starting every day. Now only if Goins is allowed to transfer back to the district that he already lives in...Somerset.
is Goins actually trying to transfer back? It was a shame when he left in the first place.
Dumpster Diving Wrote:is Goins actually trying to transfer back? It was a shame when he left in the first place.

He will probably have to sit out if he transfers without moving, even though he may live in the Somerset district. The same scenario happened at Corbin, kid lived in Corbin's district and played football, transferred to Lynn Camp, played immediately at Lynn Camp, then transferred back to Corbin before his senior year and was ruled ineligible. The KHSAA ruled that even though he lived in Corbin's district, he was ineligible since he did not move.

One can never be sure when dealing with transfers though, it seems as though rules are enforced differently depending upon who knows what.
jumper1 Wrote:I couldn't have said it any better! Take those lineman you mentioned and add Smith and Gilmore and you have one of the best D lines in the state. I'm looking more forward to the season starting every day. Now only if Goins is allowed to transfer back to the district that he already lives in...Somerset.

I don't believe that Goins is going to be walking through that door. The kid made a poor decision as a Freshman, and now with the basketball situation and Somersets obvious superiority in football (even with Pulaski's best team maybe ever assembled they faced a Jumper team who eventually played for a state title with a 14-0 record) I believe that Tyler is regretting his decision. Unfortunately unless he moves into a house say... NEXT DOOR to the one he lives in now he will not be able to attend Somerset High School. As a Freshman in the city limits you have a choice to transfer over, as you pay both city and county taxes (parents do anyway). That choice is unfortunately a one way street after you enter high school. Regardless, Somerset will win the battle up front on both sides of the football this year. Thats where they have made their money the past few years, and thats where I expect them to once again. The offensive line has worked hard during the off season, and will likely be just as good if not better than last year with 3 returning starters. Defensive line loses Trey Slaughter, arguably the best Defensive lineman to ever play at SHS, but his brother Tevin is going to be a junior and he is the real deal. Add in, as you mentioned, Bridge, Jacobi, guys like Caleb Walker, Josh Stambaugh, Tyler Wilson... This group gets scary because of the depth they have up front. The linebackers should be outstanding as well with Bryson Jones inside, possibly Tyson playing Middle backer, Hinton at outside backer, and a guy like Devin Griffith playing the other outside backer. Tyler Megargel playing safety, along with Mcwilliams and chevront/lange to complete the starting defensive backfield. The great thing about all these guys that Ive mentioned... They're all seasoned veterans, and many of them are Juniors. Add in the freshman class with Castle Hatcher (who will likely see time in the defensive backfield because of his athleticism, and is an OUTSTANDING quarterback) and this team will be loaded. Tanner Gadberry had an outstanding off season and is throwing the ball very well with accuracy and velocity. Wow, I'm ready for week zero!
jumper1 Wrote:I watched some video of Tyson on youtube....Wow. He will fit in very well!!

I saw that video and he does look good. He attended UK, U of L, WKU and EKU Camps this summer and all were interested. I know he has letters from alot the Big Boy's. Southern Cal, UCLA, Nebraska, Miss. State, Ga. Tech, Oakl. Oregan to name a few. Kid has a bright future.
Rumor has it...lol...that Tyler may have enrolled at Somerset and has a change of address. Don't know but will try to find out.

I don't think you will see Perdue or Gross at guard. Stambaugh and Wilson both return after starting last season--although I have heard that Wilson has gained both size and strength so maybe he could be moved to tackle. I would imagine Skidmore would move from right tackle to left tackle to replace Speaks. Either Gross, Fox or Perdue should replace Price at center.
You can get letters from any college in USA! The big D1 schools have their recruits commited. Players here at Danville get D1 letter all the time. If Watts from McCreary Co. couldn't play D1, Williams has no shot. No putting anyone down Watts is the best athlete to come out of McCreary in a long time. Time will tell.
Can see Tyson Williams Hi-lite video on you tube ( Tyson Williams McCreary Football youtube)
Cellking Wrote:Can see Tyson Williams Hi-lite video on you tube ( Tyson Williams McCreary Football youtube)

Hasn't he been injured a good portion of his career?
Norm Peterson Wrote:Hasn't he been injured a good portion of his career?

NO!!!Hurt his knee in BB and missed a few games.
Norm Peterson Wrote:I don't think you will see Perdue or Gross at guard. Stambaugh and Wilson both return after starting last season--although.
I agree, I don't think Perdue or Gross will play at guard. It will either be center or tackle for both of them..IMO. From what I'm hearing Perdue is leading the way for the starting position for center, although it is still very early.
kygolfer Wrote:You can get letters from any college in USA! The big D1 schools have their recruits commited. Players here at Danville get D1 letter all the time. If Watts from McCreary Co. couldn't play D1, Williams has no shot. No putting anyone down Watts is the best athlete to come out of McCreary in a long time. Time will tell.

Watts could have played D1 Football, he chose Baseball. It didn't work out for him. Williams has something that Watts didn't have size. So we will see.
I'm freakin pumped to see Williams in a Somerset uniform in a few months
Dumpster Diving Wrote:I'm freakin pumped to see Williams in a Somerset uniform in a few months

The Man-Child will look good in Purple and Gold.
You all are in for a big letdown.
kygolfer Wrote:You all are in for a big letdown.

How so?
[quote=kygolfer]You all are in for a big letdown.[/Q You people in Danville would be tickled to death if he had enrolled in School at Danville High School. Any program would be pleased to get a kid of this caliber.