Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brandon Bender -Former UofL Player, Now a "runner"/AAU Coach
Has anyone come in contact with Brandon Bender lately? The former UofL player was caught in DaMarcus Smith's recruitment, which led to an NCAA inquiry at UCF. Bender was mentioned over 10 times in that report.

Apparently, he has been involved in AAU coaching and was the reason why Ray Kasongo and Tony Wolter transferred from Canada to East Ridge High in far Eastern Kentucky. According to some sources(PointGuardU.com and others), Bender claims to be Kasongo's mentor. Obviously he is taking advantage of these kids so he can try and break into college coaching(like that will EVER happen). On Bender's facebook he repeatedly trash talks UofL and Pitino. I have heard rumors that he tries to get in the ear of every local HS recruit(football and basketball). He also frequents this board and tries to defend himself and East Ridge High while also spreading rumors about local AAU coaches that he has grudges with(Josh Maxey).

Does anyone know if Bender still lives in Louisville? Is he around local high schools? If so, does anyone ever call him out for being such a "hangers on"? I heard Ellis Myles kicked him out of a Louisville Magic game last year.
Bender is a piece of shit. Him and I have gotten into it before, because I told him how big of a piece of shit he is, and just like always he couldn't defen himself with goin all hood on me and talking about all his "pro" experience. I told him to make sure the next time he brags about it to include that it was overseas, lol.

He'd trying to hold on to every good HS basketball player he can, but nearly everyone knows better by now. Also, Wolter has no contact with him. And he tries his best to get into Kasongo's head, and he may think it works, but it doesn't.
I've never met the guy bender,but I know josh Maxey an him are good buddies they are very close from what I understand. I dunno about this but Charlie givens got the Canadians in Kentucky not this bender guy. Vundy how do you know bender did you guys meet? I just know josh Maxey an him are very close
^^^
This guy is Brandon Bender. Look at every post he has commented on or started. They all have to do with Bender, Ray Kasongo, Tony Wolter, East Ridge High or other players he is associated with. I wonder how he can afford to fly around the country doing AAU events. He hasnt held a job in years! I heard a rumor that he has a contract with a shoe company to do street level scouting.
Bender played sparingly during about 5 years of overseas play. None of it was in major European leagues. They were in places like Ukraine, Iran, the NBDL and the Kentucky Developmental Basketball League.
For some reason, he thinks that he is still a senior in high school. It is actually quite sad considering he graduated 11 years ago, but tries to impress high school kids with his "All-American" status. He was dismissed from UofL, is a complete laughing stock of the entire state, is under investigation by the NCAA, helped destroy UCF's football/basketball programs, as well as the lives of multiples college athletes(D. Smith, M. Fluellen, Tyrone Pearson).
Basically, he goes around the state(and country) and tries to find disadvantaged high school and middle school athletes who have the potential to become stars. While trying to be their adviser, he often gets them involved in eligibility issues(its happened with over 8 HS players).
Coach Maxey is a serious gay guy, who his child's mother left him for a future hall of fame coach.
Watch it Maseillo, can't be discussing member identities, no matter how ridiculous they are. Just wanted to let you know.

Also, whoever the idiot is, he's banned now for that little comment above.
Huh?

I don't really understand Bender's position within the basketball community. I understand that he coaches some middle school teams and also tries to be involved in some local AAU teams such as Hoop Dreams. How does someone like himself support themselves. Bender is known to attend AAU events around the country and somehow gets connected with these potential future college athletes. Bender's reputation is so bad, that a simple Google search would be a huge eye opener, at least one would think. Maybe some of these kids are in such bad shape that they fall for his traps. He is known to brag about his pro basketball experience around Louisville, but now his name is tainted in alot of basketball circles, which is a good thing.
I was warning you that one of the few rules we have here is announcing a member's identity, or openly discussing it. Just letting you know before another mod saw it and gives you and assumes you know the rule.

Like I said earlier, he tried the same bragging thing with me, on about 4 different subjects, haha. I just lol'd at how pathetic it was. I asked the same thing you are...he's living a fantasy, I'm really starting to think that he actually believe the crap that comes out of his mouth. I just don't know how he possibly thinks anyone believes his shit...when you've screwed over so many people like he has, and done the things he has, and has his own section of ESPN articles for God's sake, only the very, very naive will believe it.

What goes around comes around, and eventually, it will for him and others like him that do nothing but take advantage of damn kids.