Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 5 Johnson Central 4 (15th Region Semis)
Final from Davis Park.

Pikeville will advance to the 15th Region Championship to face Paintsville.

PHS jumps out 5-0 and holds on. (5 was my magic number in a thread early in the year if you remember)

Sophomore Jacob Hamilton sets the PHS record (I believe) for wins tonight with his 24th.

Johnson Central is a solid club and this was a really good win.

Give some more thoughts later, HAIL PIKEVILLE!
Hard fought game by both teams.
Congrats Pikeville, and good luck tomorrow against Paintsville.
Also, congrats Johnson Central on a great season.
-Pikeville improves to 26-7 and will play Paintsville in a rematch of the 2005 15th Region Championship which was played at Paintsville. This time the two will meet in Pikeville. Jacob Burke (who may be the most consistent starter for Pikeville) will go for PHS. The Panthers will have Randy Maynard and Reese Ward available for relief.

-Great job by Pikeville in the 1st. Gavin Miller strikes out for the 4th time this season, and the rest of the lineup steps up. Big hits by Hefner, Ward, and a Sac Fly by Hamilton.

-Blanton for JC was put in a tough spot (I know how tough it is to not have the pregame routine and try to relieve when you are a starter, see Burke tonight) but he did a fantastic job. He shut Pikeville down.

-Jacob Hamilton was a new level of inefficient, but managed to only give up two runs. You can tell with the mechanics changes in the off season, he is still trying to find it. All season has been hectic but hey, when 2 runs in 6 is a mediocre outing, you must have high expectations. He made pitches when it counted.

-Strange play on the sky high pop out by Robins (?). The ball went about 150 feet in the air and dropped at basically a direct downward flight. It has to be the toughest play to make I have seen. And it was not made lol.

-Johnson Central really gave a good fight after the rain delay. They are a pretty good team and the fact that I am impressed with the win is a compliment to them.
What can you say, JC did not hit the ball exceptionaly well, but still had a ton of chances to score multiple times all throughout the game. They shot themselves in the foot all night long, with some poor baserunning and not being clutch in the situation when it mattered the most. Regardless Pikeville did what they had to do and hung on when the pressure was really being put on them. Congrats to Hamilton on a fine pitched game. Despite struggling to find his release point he was still tough to handle when he was getting it over the plate.

Congrats to Pikeville and good luck in the finals against a hot hot hot Paintsville squad. Should be a real good ballgame tomorrow night.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Final from Davis Park.

Pikeville will advance to the 15th Region Championship to face Paintsville.

PHS jumps out 5-0 and holds on. (5 was my magic number in a thread early in the year if you remember)

Sophomore Jacob Hamilton sets the PHS record (I believe) for wins tonight with his 24th.

Johnson Central is a solid club and this was a really good win.

Give some more thoughts later, HAIL PIKEVILLE!
Whose record did he break? Brenton Hamilton? I know Brenton had amassed a bunch of wins for Pikeville and had a shot of really making a name for himself in the KHSAA record books before transferring to PBurg a few years ago.
Great win by the Panthers on a long, strange evening. I really don't think they'll be any games played tonight, it's starting to look like an episode of "Swamp People" out there right now. I am "old school", love tradition, so I am eating up this Paintsville - Pikeville Finals matchup! Two storied programs, should be a lot of fun. Because of the late night, I don't mind if they wait another day to play.
Bob Seger Wrote:Whose record did he break? Brenton Hamilton? I know Brenton had amassed a bunch of wins for Pikeville and had a shot of really making a name for himself in the KHSAA record books before transferring to PBurg a few years ago.

No. I believe Matthew Coleman IF he has passed Matt's win total. I'm trying to find some old stuff now, actually. I believe Matt's senior year alone, he was 10-2, and he played from 8th grade on just like Jake has. But if Jake hasn't broke it yet, he will soon.'

I know PT has made an effort to go back as far as he can with the baseball records, because the archiving of those was spotty at best, so PT is going by what he has. But I can guarantee you, ovr 5 years, Matt had more than 24 wins, I was there for many of them. Sheeew, I sure wish people would care about the stats as stuff as much as PT does, he does a great job trying to preserve this stuff for the future.
Panther Thunder Wrote:-Pikeville improves to 26-7 and will play Paintsville in a rematch of the 2005 15th Region Championship which was played at Paintsville. This time the two will meet in Pikeville. Jacob Burke (who may be the most consistent starter for Pikeville) will go for PHS. The Panthers will have Randy Maynard and Reese Ward available for relief.

-Great job by Pikeville in the 1st. Gavin Miller strikes out for the 4th time this season, and the rest of the lineup steps up. Big hits by Hefner, Ward, and a Sac Fly by Hamilton.

-Blanton for JC was put in a tough spot (I know how tough it is to not have the pregame routine and try to relieve when you are a starter, see Burke tonight) but he did a fantastic job. He shut Pikeville down.

-Jacob Hamilton was a new level of inefficient, but managed to only give up two runs. You can tell with the mechanics changes in the off season, he is still trying to find it. All season has been hectic but hey, when 2 runs in 6 is a mediocre outing, you must have high expectations. He made pitches when it counted.

-Strange play on the sky high pop out by Robins (?). The ball went about 150 feet in the air and dropped at basically a direct downward flight. It has to be the toughest play to make I have seen. And it was not made lol.

-Johnson Central really gave a good fight after the rain delay. They are a pretty good team and the fact that I am impressed with the win is a compliment to them.
Totally agree with all of this, PT. Especially that pop up. I think 150 feet might be conservative. I was right beside the fence and that thing was WAY up. I don't think I've ever seen such a straight up and down flight path either.

Hamilton was bringing it really well, like someone else pointed out, his release point was inconsistent most of the night, but this young man is a sophomore going into junior. Still time to fix it. I counted only 4 really hard hit balls on him, 3 were flyouts to the out and the shot to 2nd. May be off by one or two, but not much.

Miller is impressive more and more every time I see him. True PLAYER who improves each at bat and each game. Going to miss that kid.
PHSForever Wrote:No. I believe Matthew Coleman IF he has passed Matt's win total. I'm trying to find some old stuff now, actually. I believe Matt's senior year alone, he was 10-2, and he played from 8th grade on just like Jake has. But if Jake hasn't broke it yet, he will soon.'

I know PT has made an effort to go back as far as he can with the baseball records, because the archiving of those was spotty at best, so PT is going by what he has. But I can guarantee you, ovr 5 years, Matt had more than 24 wins, I was there for many of them. Sheeew, I sure wish people would care about the stats as stuff as much as PT does, he does a great job trying to preserve this stuff for the future.

Dead on PHS Forever!! On both Matt Coleman AND PT!!!!!
PHSForever Wrote:No. I believe Matthew Coleman IF he has passed Matt's win total. I'm trying to find some old stuff now, actually. I believe Matt's senior year alone, he was 10-2, and he played from 8th grade on just like Jake has. But if Jake hasn't broke it yet, he will soon.'

I found an old copy of the Pikeville High School Athletic Handbook (updated through the 2002 school year). According to that, at the time, Coleman was the all-time leader with 23 wins. I didn't know if that would help clarify anything or not, just found it to be relevant.
StrikeoutKing Wrote:I found an old copy of the Pikeville High School Athletic Handbook (updated through the 2002 school year). According to that, at the time, Coleman was the all-time leader with 23 wins. I didn't know if that would help clarify anything or not, just found it to be relevant.
Just curious why you would have Pikeville paraphenalia,

???? I thought you were an Estill Co. guy???
Bob Seger Wrote:Just curious why you would have Pikeville paraphenalia,

That is Strikeout King < notice the space lol

This one graduated from Allen Central.
Bob Seger Wrote:Just curious why you would have Pikeville paraphenalia,

Yeah, I'm an old AC Rebel. haha

And honestly, I'm not real sure where it came from. I have a lot of old programs from regional and state tournaments, and I found it among all of those.
Panther Thunder Wrote:That is Strikeout King < notice the space lol

This one graduated from Allen Central.

Oh OK. I see now. Sorry about that.
Great job P-Ville.
Congrats Panthers and good luck tomorrow!

And congrats to Jacob Hamilton on the record setting night as a sophomore!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
StrikeoutKing Wrote:Yeah, I'm an old AC Rebel. haha

And honestly, I'm not real sure where it came from. I have a lot of old programs from regional and state tournaments, and I found it among all of those.
Thanks for clearing that up. really glad you had that! Congrats to Jacob Hamilton then, on his record setting win! couldn't happen to a nicer kid! Hail Pikeville!