Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Life's Unfair
Put aside what happened to me, put aside that bad things happen to good people, put aside how cruel people are to each other- life's unfair because of metabolism. I just ate an entire large pizza from Donatos, and I won't gain an ounce. Muscle weighs more than fat, but when I lift weights regularly, I also won't gain an ounce. I weigh between 160 and 165, close to 170 on good days, and I'm 6'1, almost 6'2. Metabolism's cruel, not just because of people like me, but because some people will basically starve themselves and can't stop gaining weight.

Am I wrong?
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
Some people are just lucky and your one of them, although I don't think anyone should not eat, and I wish people wouldn't base so much on appearence and just live and be happy with there own bodies. I hate hearing about diets and stuff when they are not even big people my friends were constantly talking about diets and I was like why do it? If someone don't like you cause you might weigh a little more than it's their loss. Guess it's different thought if your a bigger person.
i know exactly how you feel. Im 5'5" and i weigh anywhere between 103 and 110.....which isnt good for my height. I look like a rail and its terrible. I wish i had a better figure but without the ability to gain weight i dont see that happening....so i know exactly how you feel...
UKGIRL20 Wrote:Some people are just lucky and your one of them, although I don't think anyone should not eat, and I wish people wouldn't base so much on appearence and just live and be happy with there own bodies. I hate hearing about diets and stuff when they are not even big people my friends were constantly talking about diets and I was like why do it? If someone don't like you cause you might weigh a little more than it's their loss. Guess it's different thought if your a bigger person.

My whole point of starting this was to say that I'm UNlucky, not lucky
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
Depends on how you look at it really BFritz. Im unlucky because when i eat i get fat, haha. I have 3 older brothers who are about 6'3, and anywhere from 135 to 160. Me, on the other hand, well, i am about 5'10 235. The crappiest thing about it is, they eat more then i do!!
I'm 6' or so.. I wouldn't mind being about 165-170 right now. I had my best jumping days when I was around 160-165.
I'll drink weight gain shakes, creatine, everything, when I played football I'd lift regularly, eat like no other, and I'd still not fain weight. How I wish I was ---------------------->>>>>>>>>>>
doesnt it suck not being able to? I mean you gain 3 or 4 pounds a day maybe but by the time you wake up the next morning its gone....
gobles_girl40 Wrote:doesnt it suck not being able to? I mean you gain 3 or 4 pounds a day maybe but by the time you wake up the next morning its gone....

Exactly, that's the way it's always been, I can't get past an average of 166 and max of 170, regardless if I eat 5 huge meals that day plus snacks, I'm the unhealthiest eater on the planet too
i know what you mean
Yeah me too CTD
I wish i knew what you guys meant, lol
corndog23 Wrote:I wish i knew what you guys meant, lol
Wait thats what I ment to put

OK, in simple terms: I go to class, eat 9 times a day, then do homework and watch TV, which, for most people, would lead to lots of weight. However, with me, I can do all that, and still lose weight, then people say muscle weighs more than fat, so, sometimes, I'll lift weights on a regular basis along with drinking creatine or weight gain shakes, and I'll still look like a starving Etheopian kid
do you take any kind of pain medication??

other than that i don't know.. but i can't gain wait either.. i'm stuck on 180
crazytaxidriver Wrote:do you take any kind of pain medication??

other than that i don't know.. but i can't gain wait either.. i'm stuck on 180

nope, sometimes I take Aleve to prevent me from cutting off my leg from the knee down because the pain's so bad, and I take a few other stuff (memory pills, claritin, and some skin stuff), but like I said, my metabolism is just constantly on a power trip and always has been, it refuses to let me gain weight

I know what ya mean!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen - Winston Churchill
SE04 Wrote:I know what ya mean!

Read my post three above yours.

For those of you who still don't understand, visualize this- Today, I went to Red Lobster, I got a bunch of shrimp, two lobster tails, two things of crab legs, and a baked potato. I got home and got on the scale- I had only gained two pounds, which will all be gone by tonight.

Apparantly it's just because doing normal stuff for me (i.e. showering), takes so much energy that it's like going through a football practice.

Like listen to this, food on campus is nasty, so I ordered a large pizza for dinner from Donatos. I ate the WHOLE PIZZA, just me, by myself, and I won't gain an ounce. It's completely unfair, I wanna be up near 180, and with the way I eat, I should be well over 2 bills, but I'm barely over 160
BFritz Wrote:Like listen to this, food on campus is nasty, so I ordered a large pizza for dinner from Donatos. I ate the WHOLE PIZZA, just me, by myself, and I won't gain an ounce. It's completely unfair, I wanna be up near 180, and with the way I eat, I should be well over 2 bills, but I'm barely over 160

When I posted this a few hours ago, I was up at 168 or so, didn't do anything since, just layed around like a bum, and I lost 6 pounds of what I gained....... that's unfair
I could eat a whole side of beef and not gain a ounce!
chipper jones Wrote:I could eat a whole side of beef and not gain a ounce!

You're one of the people who know how I feel:thumpsup:
I can drink a glass of water an gain five pounds.
Blackcat75 Wrote:I can drink a glass of water an gain five pounds.

Wanna trade metabolisms????????????
I have known people that when they were teenagers and in their early twenty's could eat 24/7 and not gain a pound but as they grew older the weight started piling on. Sometimes as much as 40 or 50 pounds.
Old School Wrote:I have known people that when they were teenagers and in their early twenty's could eat 24/7 and not gain a pound but as they grew older the weight started piling on. Sometimes as much as 40 or 50 pounds.

If everything works out, once I get out of school (and everything else gets done with), I'll be able to do my public speaking deal in the morning, then just lift, work out, take muscle builders, and try to improve my physical abilities. If it ends up like a situation you described, hopefully I'll be super-cut and super-sexy

:muscleman