Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Larry Tiller named head coach at Bath County
Former Estill County Engineers Basketball Coach Larry Tiller has been named the new head coach at Bath County.

I've known Coach T since 2006/7. One of the nicest people you'll meet. I couldn't be more happier for Coach Tiller! He'll do good things at Bath. Best of Luck Coach T!
Agree wit you strikeoutking Ive talk to Larry a couple of times very good guy. I was kinda shocked when him and Estill split ways. I hope he does good at Bath.
BTW-What region is Bath in... any key returning players?
16th Region. There in the district with Menifee, Rowan and Fleming. Bath finished 9-22 last year. Bath returns everyone except 1 from last year's team. They lose DJ Darden
Strikeout King Wrote:16th Region. There in the district with Menifee, Rowan and Fleming. Bath finished 9-22 last year. Bath returns everyone except 1 from last year's team. They lose DJ Darden

Bath Co. actually returns everyone who finished the season. Darden was dismissed from the team mid season. Here is the good and the bad of the situation:
The Good:
-BC's Seniors will be good but their real basketball talent is in the Junior class. If everyone returns and Coach Tiller brings them together, then they will be a good team. They will have a varsity with 12-14 Jr's and Sr's with some size, roll players, and scoring. If that happens, look for a winning record in year one and build from there.
The Bad:
-BC is in the 61st district with Rowan, Fleming, and Menifee Co.'s. They have the potential to be in top half of the 16th region. The problem is Rowan and Fleming are both rated in the top 5 in the region, some say top 3. It will be very hard to get out of the district the next 2 years at least.
Congratulations and good luck to coach Tiller.