Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(Rumor) Randy McCoy returning to ER
I titled this as a rumor but have talked to some people around the ER program. Although there may be no truth to this.

Any input anyone?
I have also heard this rumor floating around the 15th Region, in my opinion it is absolutely absurd the Higher Powered people (Super) wants Randy McCoy at ER for some of th reasons I have heard!! I kinda feel bad for first year coach LeMaster has to deal with the politics of EKY already. The guy wins 20 some ball games, goes to the Regional Finals, and gets named Pike County Coach of the Year and they already are trying to run him out with a very talented team coming back for a few years. Also have heard from a few parents themselves that if Coach LeMaster goes then their kids will be leaving ER And transferring to another school....Anyone know anything????
Isn't East Ridge where the LeMaster kid is coaching? Didn't they make it to the finals of the 15th? Would McCoy come back as an assistant or the head guy? What would prompt a change?
Sorry Knowledge. I posted my reply before I saw your post.
KnowledgeOfTheGame14 Wrote:I have also heard this rumor floating around the 15th Region, in my opinion it is absolutely absurd the Higher Powered people (Super) wants Randy McCoy at ER for some of th reasons I have heard!! I kinda feel bad for first year coach LeMaster has to deal with the politics of EKY already. The guy wins 20 some ball games, goes to the Regional Finals, and gets named Pike County Coach of the Year and they already are trying to run him out with a very talented team coming back for a few years. Also have heard from a few parents themselves that if Coach LeMaster goes then their kids will be leaving ER And transferring to another school....Anyone know anything????

Surly their reason wouldn't be " Want to go in a new direction".
McCoy I heard today will be the next coach atEast Ridge is Lamaster out????? and if so why???? East Ridge will be the recruing school of the east.
I just wish everyone would stop all the rumors. LeMaster is the coach at ER until we are told otherwise!!
Either way, ER will be fine next season. McCoy is a great basketball mind who knows how to win. Taking Pikeville College to the NAIA Final Four and whatnot.
May 15th is the deadline for reduction in pay/responsibilities in Ky. If they remove him without cause, they will still have to pay his salary and possibly be open to other litigation.
thecoacher Wrote:May 15th is the deadline for reduction in pay/responsibilities in Ky. If they remove him without cause, they will still have to pay his salary and possibly be open to other litigation.

LeMaster is not a teacher and coaching does not have tenure, therefore he can be let go anytime they see fit......
He isn't a teacher? What does he do then, how does he live off of a coaching salary.
Wow.... This is getting really crazy. Everything is so political back home here in Eastern Ky.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LeMaster was hired as a full time sub when they hired him to be ball coach.
That's What She Said Wrote:I titled this as a rumor but have talked to some people around the ER program. Although there may be no truth to this.

Any input anyone?

Heard today from someone at ER that LeMaster will not return to coach the Warriors next year. Already gone. Anyone know the details?
Randy finally made it home! I wish him well. I know he has always had the horses and will round them up again! Good Luck to the Warriors!
When is the press conference?