Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KY Elite Kings 8th @ 9th Grade AAU tourney
One of the most amazing stories from this past weekend was the Breakout performance of the KY Elite Kings 8th Grade team at the 9th Grade AAU Tournament.... Finishing the competition 4-1 and making it to the Semifanal game against Hoop Dreams 9th grade team, KY Elite showed that they are the 8th grade team to beat in the State.... With Braxton Beverly make his debut and other feature teammates Corey Stearns, Shelby Combs, Trevor Hill, Wes Wolfe, and Bryan Cummings, these guys are sure to make a run at Nationals....
9th Grade State AAU TOURNAMENT
Did the Elite Kings win the 8th grade state aau championship?
Nope... Didn't compete in it.
Does a team have to compete in their district qualifier or state tournament to be qualified for nationals?
As long as the compete in one of their State Tournaments they are fine. Even if it is up an age group, but that is one of those rules that is generally overlooked. I coached AAU in GA for 4 years and over 80% of the teams in the State didn't compete in their State qualifier.
9th grade is what they should play. They are all holdbacks.
5 grade exceptions and 5 non grade exemptions.
sportsguru Wrote:9th grade is what they should play. They are all holdbacks.
Why? sounds as if we have a whinner. You are going to play against them in the winter in their perspective grade.

I believe at least half the team is in their correct grade... I am pretty sure there are one or two 13 year olds on the team too. I don't think they are doing anything different than any other programs out there.
There are a few grade exceptions on the team....however there are grade exceptions on every team so the teams they were playing this past weekend could have played 10th grade according to you?
You would be wrong about half of them being in the correct grade and about only a couple being 13. I cant think of a single one that is close to being 13. There is a reason they didnt play in the 8th grade AAU tournament too. Do you know why?
I have no idea, would you care to enlighten us?
I like it when people are jealous and feel they should make excuses why a very talented younger team beats older teams. Those in the 9th grade should be in the tenth grade so all things are equal!
Cougar Connection Wrote:I like it when people are jealous and feel they should make excuses why a very talented younger team beats older teams. Those in the 9th grade should be in the tenth grade so all things are equal!

You are right about that Cougar Connection.... And "raisedseams" Bryan Cummings from South Warren Middle School is 13 years old on their team....
Hunter Swindall is also a member of the KY Elite Kings... Very talented PG/SG...
raisedseams Wrote:You would be wrong about half of them being in the correct grade and about only a couple being 13. I cant think of a single one that is close to being 13. There is a reason they didnt play in the 8th grade AAU tournament too. Do you know why?
Three of the KyElite team just turned 14...no hold back with them,
100% Correct
Legit program... They represent KY well.
Hunter is only 14 as well.
How old is Beverly????

15 right. Will turn 16 this fall.