Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newport 7, Bellevue 0, 36th District tournament (forfeit)
Newport 7, Bellevue 0, 36th District tournament (forfeit): Bellevue held a 2-1 lead in the third inning, but decided to forfeit the game in order to attend its senior awards banquet.

The team voted before the 4:30 p.m. game to forfeit if the game was still in progress after 5:30, and that is what happened. By rule, all forfeited games end with a score of 7-0.

Newport will advance to take on Dayton tonight at 7:00 at Newport.
Wow, just not sure how to take this! I respect the girls, but this is a guarenteed game to go to Region, now your season is over???? Wow
That's poor planning by the school, as well.
You can't really say that. School is now out this week and most all schools have to get their banquet in before the last day, or kids just won't show. You can't possibly plan around every sport. Our Spring sports banquet has coincided with our District game for as long as I can remember. We just don't go. Our JV and Frosh teams will attend, but not Varsity. Plus, there are a lot of other spring sports that are finished, you can't hold those kids up either. I'm just surprised that the team decided to call an end to their season when a win guarantees them a Region birth.