Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shouse to Breathitt and Cox back to Powell???
Just heard this rumor anyone know if it is true?
If this is true does this mean that Chapman is gone somewhere else?
Uh oh! Will there be a mass exodus?
I know for sure Cox did/is going back to Powell. No word on Shouse leaving though
Main rumors are Shouse to Breathitt along with Chapman.

I have heard Shouse has had his locker cleaned out for a while now.

Also have heard Cox is leaving, not anything solid on that though.

PC is going to have an interesting off season for sure.
I'v heard the same thing. Is he just planning to leave PC hanging?
If true then Pike Central's chances of competing with the upper tier in 3A just took a major hit. Conversely, if this is true then Breathitt just firmly planted themselves alongside Lou. Central, Belfry, and Bell as a legitimate title contender. Shouse is not only one of the better defensive players in the State, he is also a heck of a weapon catching the ball on offense.
Wow, dirty dirty.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
EKUAlum05 Wrote:If true then Pike Central's chances of competing with the upper tier in 3A just took a major hit. Conversely, if this is true then Breathitt just firmly planted themselves alongside Lou. Central, Belfry, and Bell as a legitimate title contender. Shouse is not only one of the better defensive players in the State, he is also a heck of a weapon catching the ball on offense.

If Chapman is returning to Breathitt, then they probably just surpassed Bel-n-Bell as Central's prime contender. But that seems unlikely. Chapman left once before for his own HC job, then returned, doesn't seem likely history would repeat that way.
Observing Wrote:If Chapman is returning to Breathitt, then they probably just surpassed Bel-n-Bell as Central's prime contender. But that seems unlikely. Chapman left once before for his own HC job, then returned, doesn't seem likely history would repeat that way.

I think the last time he returned they won a state title a couple years later. I do not think anyone would hold a grudge if the Bobcats win as they have with Chapman on the staff. Winning heals a lot of wounds.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:I think the last time he returned they won a state title a couple years later. I do not think anyone would hold a grudge if the Bobcats win as they have with Chapman on the staff. Winning heals a lot of wounds.

I can see tha, but would Chapman want to return to an assistant job AGAIN?
If this happens, I can only hope to meet Chapman, Shouse, Trent and company at CAM Stadium. To be the best, you have to beat the best... That'd be a damn slugfest @ CAM!
Observing Wrote:I can see tha, but would Chapman want to return to an assistant job AGAIN?

Head coach in waiting?

Shouse and Chapman will be welcomed back with open arms. If this is true Breathitt will be a legitimate title contender in 3A.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Head coach in waiting?
Basically.
Iam almost positive that shouse is in the process of moving back but have heard nothing about chapman returning
Pugh and the other PCC players going to want to stick around after their head coach, QB, and Shouse walk?
PaytoPlay Wrote:Pugh and the other PCC players going to want to stick around after their head coach, QB, and Shouse walk?

Why wouldn't they? The QB never played a game at PC and there are 2 quality coaches waiting and a pretty good QB. It's not the end of the world. :igiveup: Not Yet.
if they do, thats ok, they have to come to the Cam this year, just be a longer ride home this year than last...lol
I believe our last trip to The Cam we won.
BobcatStuckInPowell Wrote:I believe our last trip to The Cam we won.

Credit to that, I also remember a 62-28 DRUBBING at the hands of Dustin May and company. We'll gladly welcome you fellas back, nothing like two heavyweights strapping on the gloves and going at it!
My mind isn't what it used to be so I have to ask which kid is Cox?
Buc-a-roo Wrote:My mind isn't what it used to be so I have to ask which kid is Cox?

The QB that was transferring in from Powell Co.
This may happen, but Cox is still enrolled at Pike Central. Also John Chapman has not resigned as head football coach at Pike Central. So as of now this is all RUMORS.
cuppett777 Wrote:if they do, thats ok, they have to come to the Cam this year, just be a longer ride home this year than last...lol

Breathitt usually plays well when traveling to Belfry. They seem to focus better on the road. If it happens, it will be a great game. Belfry should be considered the favorite in the mountains until they get knocked off by another 3A team in the region.

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Head coach in waiting?

Maybe, but the age diff isn't that big between Holcomb and Chapman.
Holcomb's got a lot of years left if he chooses to keep coaching.
cuppett777 Wrote:if they do, thats ok, they have to come to the Cam this year, just be a longer ride home this year than last...lol

LC is saying the same thing about you......LOL. Now that is a long ride...LOL.
I have been hearing this since December. Would not surprise me if true.
oldtimer3 Wrote:LC is saying the same thing about you......LOL. Now that is a long ride...LOL.

What's Belfry's all-time winning streak against PC up to now?

It may only be 15-20 minutes, but that ride back to Buckley's Creek from CAM is far less enjoyable then any ride the Pirates have been following a game with Lou. Central.

Last year's Runner-Up trophy for Belfry was more significant than all of PC's prior football history combined (including Johns Creek and Mullins).

"LOL" indeed.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:What's Belfry's all-time winning streak against PC up to now?

It may only be 15-20 minutes, but that ride back to Buckley's Creek from CAM is far less enjoyable then any ride the Pirates have been following a game with Lou. Central.

Last year's Runner-Up trophy for Belfry was more significant than all of PC's prior football history combined (including Johns Creek and Mullins).

"LOL" indeed.
No one even said anything about PC ride back. The conversation was about breathitt and belfry not pike central