Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quentin Snider getting bigger and improving
Ballard High School sophomore Quentin Snider has been ranked as one of the best players in the Bluegrass State for several years.

But this spring, the 6-foot-1 Snider is opening eyes nationally.

Snider has been dominating on the AAU scene for the Louisville Magic and his solid play has continued this weekend at the adidas May Classic.

“I’m just trying to work hard and get better,” the soft-spoken Snider said after the Magic lost a close game to St. Louis Gateway in the 17-year-old division on Saturday. “I feel like all my hard work has paid off some.”

Snider, who committed to the University of Louisville last summer, should see his stock rise in the national rankings after several elite showings.

ESPN.com called him a “breakout performer” last week during an event in Fort Wayne, Ind. He helped the Magic to an 8-0 record and win in the 16s division.

“When Louisville accepted his commitment, it was viewed as good news but not celebrated,” ESPN’s Dave Telep wrote after last week’s event. “I submit it’s time we give this pickup its due.”

The evaluation went on to say, “He’s advanced his game, grown his confidence and continues to distinguish himself as one of the best in his class at his position.”

Snider said his weight is up to 165 pounds – more than 15 pounds heavier than he was last summer – and he feels “stronger and quicker” on the floor.

He said he’s chatted with U of L assistant coach Kevin Keatts on a few things he needs to work on and is just “trying to become a better all-around player.”

“I’ve been working hard,” Snider said. “My ballhandling, my shooting, my quickness. There’s always room for improvement.”

http://blogs.courier-journal.com/jodydem...improving/
Good for the Cards to go ahead and wrap this talent up!!
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gonna be a stud.
Good pick up for Louisville. Finally some hometown talent for the CARDS!
This guy is foreal