Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Braxton Beverly going to Knott Central next year?
I overheard a few people talking yesterday and they said that Beverly was going to Knott Central. Also heard Gene Combs the Montgomery County baseball coach was moving to Knott Central also. Gene has two boys about 6'5 or 6'6 according to the guys I heard. Anyone else heard anything. Knott gets Beverly and they are a lock in the region.
I doubt Beverly goes to KCC, just my opinion. Why would he go?

Coach Combs, the baseball coach at Montgomery, did resign as baseball coach. Don't know if there is a connection there, but since you mentioned the rumor was he was going to Knott Co. then it is fun to speculate.
I doubt Braxton will leave Perry.

Combs did resign from Montgomery but is finishing the season out, he did interview with Knott Central or was suppose to have. I don't see him moving until baseball season is over with but I do believe he will be the next baseball coach at Knott Central
No he isn't
I dont see this happening but it would make seem. Knott will have one best team in the 14th the next 2 or 3 years with adding Braxton makes them the front runner for those years. I know Braxton and Cameron are close friends. Also, doesn't big uncle work in Knott Co? I guess it wouldnt be hard to get a ride to and from school everyday either. Hmm, interesting.
Talked to Braxton the other day and he said if he left Perry it would not be for another team in the 14th region. It would be for somewhere else he would not play against Perry in the tournament. Now They are trying to talk Justice into coming to Perry, But it will not happen, Perry is working other players from different regions...scholarships are now open...Not only at Perry but Knott and Hazard for recruites....Breathitt,Co will have the best team....
What scholarships? I hope you're being sarcastic.
The_Rock Wrote:I overheard a few people talking yesterday and they said that Beverly was going to Knott Central. Also heard Gene Combs the Montgomery County baseball coach was moving to Knott Central also. Gene has two boys about 6'5 or 6'6 according to the guys I heard. Anyone else heard anything. Knott gets Beverly and they are a lock in the region.

He actually has three sons but, his oldest son Ty, who is a Junior at UPike playing baseball. He is a big ole boy though, he is about 6'4'' or 6'5'' and 250lbs. Then Shelby, his youngest son, will be a Freshman next year and he is huge! Shelby is 6'8'' and I'm not really sure how much he weighs, prolly somewhere between 280-300 I would say. Tanner, is his middle son and he is 6'6''. Both of them play basketball and baseball.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Breathitt will not have the best team in the region. Perry will give some schollys and that will take care of that. If Braxton leaves, Perry will be in trouble.
Knott Central is the king of the 14th right now and for the next few years until someone else proves otherwise.
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:He actually has three sons but, his oldest son Ty, who is a Junior at UPike playing baseball. He is a big ole boy though, he is about 6'4'' or 6'5'' and 250lbs. Then Shelby, his youngest son, will be a Freshman next year and he is huge! Shelby is 6'8'' and I'm not really sure how much he weighs, prolly somewhere between 280-300 I would say. Tanner, is his middle son and he is 6'6''. Both of them play basketball and baseball.
Yes and they have family in Lee Co. Could they end up there?
Braxton will not be coming to Knott County, but Gene Combs may..
I know Braxton is not coming to Knott and knott is not the king of the 14th region. they got all the breaks last year, I talked to a very close person to the Knott Co program last week and they said that knott lost their best player in Davis and would not be as good this year as last and the region is on the road and it hard to repeat...I was told yesterday that a player from West Virgina would enrole at Perry when the school year started that would be a freshman and a dominate player inside present that would be hard to handle and also a kid from New York would be here after the 4th of July to enrole also this is from a close source to the program...Breathitt will have te best team they did at the end of the year this year and a phantom call caust them the region.
ballboy Wrote:I know Braxton is not coming to Knott and knott is not the king of the 14th region. they got all the breaks last year, I talked to a very close person to the Knott Co program last week and they said that knott lost their best player in Davis and would not be as good this year as last and the region is on the road and it hard to repeat...I was told yesterday that a player from West Virgina would enrole at Perry when the school year started that would be a freshman and a dominate player inside present that would be hard to handle and also a kid from New York would be here after the 4th of July to enrole also this is from a close source to the program...Breathitt will have te best team they did at the end of the year this year and a phantom call caust them the region.

I am sure they are coming for the good jobs and the superior education. LOL. I did hear that the mother from West Virginia is coming to be Superintendant Amis's personal cosmetologist and the mother from New York is going to a Roof Bolter for TECO Coal Company
Yeah they need to buy them some more players at Perry. Funny thing is, John Noble had his best team ever, Hatcher had his best team ever and John Noble came out on top with a bunch of homegrown Perry County boys. Perry will find a way to lose if they go buy all these players. All they have to do is give Beverly the ball and get out of his way. He could score 40 a game if Hatcher would let him. But oh well, lets slow it down.
This is what i was told but this will probably be Hatchers last year he is retiring after this year is what i was told.
Hes leaving and should already be gone after some of the teams hes had and lost. Heis overrated
ballboy Wrote:I know Braxton is not coming to Knott and knott is not the king of the 14th region. they got all the breaks last year, I talked to a very close person to the Knott Co program last week and they said that knott lost their best player in Davis and would not be as good this year as last and the region is on the road and it hard to repeat...I was told yesterday that a player from West Virgina would enrole at Perry when the school year started that would be a freshman and a dominate player inside present that would be hard to handle and also a kid from New York would be here after the 4th of July to enrole also this is from a close source to the program...Breathitt will have te best team they did at the end of the year this year and a phantom call caust them the region.

If this is all true..which I kind of doubt after reading your past posts..this will just be an embarrasment for Perry. Especially after the Paige let down..
Both Knott Co. and Perry Central should be really good next year. Knott Co. had some young kids with nice size on the post.
brethitt county will be the number one team next year..only lost two players who wasnt even starters.
Gold Charger Wrote:Yes and they have family in Lee Co. Could they end up there?

There is always the possibility. I have not heard anything myself. I know his sons would prefer to move back to Lee Co because they have family and friends here but, I would say that Gene will go where ever he gets the best job offer.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
I think Knott is king until they are knocked off..
But the 14th better watch out for Breathitt this year..
They are going to be real..
As well as Hazard.. The 14th will be very competitive this up-coming season.
And on the topic of Beverly leaving..
That's kinda funny lol..