Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will JBS Hurt KCC?
With the start back of JBS's varsity sports (Basketball and Baseball) will this effect Knott Central? Is this a start of an influx of players back to JBS or will JBS take pickup some young players that Knott Central will not have playing time for? Will Cornett, Turner, and Christain return back to the school they just left? Who will AD JR Hammonds put into the Baseball Job? With Knott Central Baseball's program in disaray, will JR make his move? Lots of questions, Looking for answers and trying to decide where my son will go to school next year? If you have any info, please let me know.
Wouldn't those kids have to sit out a year if they go back to JBS? Secondly would the kids at KCC want to stay together because they have a chance of being really good?
It won't hurt football
I agree, but nothing hurt our football program, except other teams.
zaga_fan Wrote:It won't hurt football

Only thing that hurts their football team is having a football team haha
KingRex Wrote:Wouldn't those kids have to sit out a year if they go back to JBS? Secondly would the kids at KCC want to stay together because they have a chance of being really good?

They could play next year, Some kids don't like the thoughts of having to sit behind others and never play, if I was an 7th or 8th grader or freshman, I would be at JBS so I could play.
They could be good, but the loss of Davis will hurt them much more than people think, the team doesn't have a leader. BB only went 7 kids deep most of the season, and I don't think he will change his coaching style for anyone.
Are you talking about the kids that have already played high school at KCC that could play next year at JBS? I thought once they played a year of varsity they had to sit out a year unless there was a change of residence?

I understand your point about some kids not wanting to play behind others.
[quote=dkrude]They could play next year, Some kids don't like the thoughts of having to sit behind others and never play, if I was an 7th or 8th grader or freshman, I would be at JBS so I could play.
They could be good, but the loss of Davis will hurt them much more than people think, the team doesn't have a leader. BB only went 7 kids deep most of the season, and I don't think he will change his coaching style for anyone.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't change either, his team won 29 games and 4 tournaments. I fear next year that JBS will receive the same wrath that Cordia received from KCC!!!
JBS did take a trip to the sweet sixteen. I wander why they dropped the basketball program?? It looked as if it was headed in the right direction on the outside.
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:[quote=dkrude]They could play next year, Some kids don't like the thoughts of having to sit behind others and never play, if I was an 7th or 8th grader or freshman, I would be at JBS so I could play.
They could be good, but the loss of Davis will hurt them much more than people think, the team doesn't have a leader. BB only went 7 kids deep most of the season, and I don't think he will change his coaching style for anyone.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't change either, his team won 29 games and 4 tournaments. I fear next year that JBS will receive the same wrath that Cordia received from KCC!!!

That is nothing compared to the wrath they felt from Letcher lol

But KCC always aims to blow JBS out and I don't see it any different this coming year
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:[quote=dkrude]They could play next year, Some kids don't like the thoughts of having to sit behind others and never play, if I was an 7th or 8th grader or freshman, I would be at JBS so I could play.

I'm as big of a KCC fan as anybody and I think BB is Knotts biggest problem. Sure they won alot of games but any coach could have got 30 wins with that team. Knotts gonna be the top team in the 14th the next 3 years (barring that hatcher doesnt bring back a couple on his recruiting trips this summer) with the talent they have. Unfortunately I have to live with it as long as Mrs. King is the super. With a better coach I think Knotts potential doubles. As far as jbs they'll not hurt KCC any.
zaga_fan Wrote:[quote=KentuckyFan35]

That is nothing compared to the wrath they felt from Letcher lol

But KCC always aims to blow JBS out and I don't see it any different this coming year
You guys from LCC are like the Miami Heat, who have you beat. Until you win a region, keep hammering schools like Cordia, JBS and Riverside. Great Accomplishment!!
This thread is about KCC not LCC. It will encourage other Knott Countians to play at JBS.
Don't see any of the transfers from JBS transferring back.KCC has a legitimate shot to repeat as 14th region champs for the next few years with Justice and most of the main contributors coming back.Just don't see those players transferring anywhere.Those kids seem to be a special group and BB did a pretty decent job with KCC.All coaches have a different style and he did what he thought best throughout the year.If Knott would have done a few things different or if shots fell in,KCC would have been in the final of the Sweet 16.However, some players may feel like they may get more playing time at JBS because of the caliber of players that KCC will have for the next few years.
I don't see it hurting Knott Central right now, but maybe in the future.

During my 4 years of High School 03-06, JBS was way better then Knott Central tho.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Definitely and I cannot wait! Thank goodness they have to play us twice because of district seeding!!!

The boys said they would not even consider it... even JR's nephew.....
Does Hazard or Buckhorn hurt PCC?

Well, of course... however most counties (the larger ones) have several teams..not just two or three.. taking students away from the larger high school.

Will JBS hurt KCC in the near future.. no. And thankfully I don't think they will last much longer than that...

Sorry, just a lot of bad blood between the two schools.
Downtown10 Wrote:[quote=KentuckyFan35]

I'm as big of a KCC fan as anybody and I think BB is Knotts biggest problem. Sure they won alot of games but any coach could have got 30 wins with that team. Knotts gonna be the top team in the 14th the next 3 years (barring that hatcher doesnt bring back a couple on his recruiting trips this summer) with the talent they have. Unfortunately I have to live with it as long as Mrs. King is the super. With a better coach I think Knotts potential doubles. As far as jbs they'll not hurt KCC any.

With the success his teams have had the last 2 seasons I'm not seeing a problem!!!

If you are as big a KCC as you say there is no question you should send you son to KCC and embrace the competition for playing time, it will only make him better. Putting him on a team where he gets beat 50pts. a game won't be fun even if he gets to play a lot as a freshman!
I dont think they will hurt KCC either. Sure they may get a few, but when it is all said and done, most of the JBS kids will come back to KCC. They will never be able to keep a baseball program over there. Just dont have the numbers and even if it looks like they may have the numbers, if one or two leave, then you are back to square one, then they all must leave, just like yrs in the past. They may be able to get a few from Floyd county now, but the same will happen to them. Heck even Randy Thompson, saw they couldnt survive over there. I wouldnt send my kid to high school there,just because of the uncertainty.
OutsideLookingIn Wrote:JBS did take a trip to the sweet sixteen. I wander why they dropped the basketball program?? It looked as if it was headed in the right direction on the outside.

Probably because enrollment was so low.
I'm guessing that still could be an issue.
Who is the coach going to be at JBS?
From what I hear JBS is going to be like a prep school. They supposedly already have four high level players that played at another academy type team last year.
Talk is cheap, we heard that at Cordia last summer with Rhodes taking the head coaching position. Names, stats and facts. Hear say never wins a game
dozerdawg707 Wrote:From what I hear JBS is going to be like a prep school. They supposedly already have four high level players that played at another academy type team last year.

I heard the same thing.I think the person I talked to said they were from Wesley Christian Acadamy,not sure where that is though.
thegr81 Wrote:I heard the same thing.I think the person I talked to said they were from Wesley Christian Acadamy,not sure where that is though.

LOL. That is that mega basketball superpower located in Allen in Floyd County. They are contenders for national championships every year along with Oak Hill, St. Anthonys, St. Patricks, and Dematha
OrangenowBlue Wrote:LOL. That is that mega basketball superpower located in Allen in Floyd County. They are contenders for national championships every year along with Oak Hill, St. Anthonys, St. Patricks, and Dematha

hahahahaha!!!!

:biglmao: :Thumbs:
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:[quote=Downtown10]

With the success his teams have had the last 2 seasons I'm not seeing a problem!!!

If you are as big a KCC as you say there is no question you should send you son to KCC and embrace the competition for playing time, it will only make him better. Putting him on a team where he gets beat 50pts. a game won't be fun even if he gets to play a lot as a freshman!

I never said anything about not sending my kid or any kid to KCC. I just stated my opinion of BB.
We live in a fast food society. Very few of us want to wait and put the work into anything these days. I have great admeration for those who do.
Downtown10 Wrote:[quote=KentuckyFan35]

I never said anything about not sending my kid or any kid to KCC. I just stated my opinion of BB.

Sorry, I thought you were the op!
No, not one bit will JBS hurt KCC aleast not in boys basketball.