Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McNicholas (OH) 7 Highlands 5
McNicholas (OH) 7 Highlands 5
MRB, I recognize your displeasure with Jeremy. I've stated before that I know Jeremy and I've had several conversations with him over the past few years. I support him and what he is trying to do. He is in an absolute no-win situation.

We just added to our staff a former HHS coach. I had the chance to talk to him and ask him why he left HHS. He said the external factors will prevent the Birds from ever making baseball a priority. He was done in last year when the Seniors and their parents threw a fit because the boys were expected to be at baseball during spring break??? Go figure, it's baseball season and the players and their parents basicly said screw baseball, I'm going on vacation.

Let's be real in your criticism. You have a football system that expects their football players to be at Spring football workouts. We have the nephew of Hall of Famer Jim Bunning who is an outstanding baseball player, but his commitment was to throw footballs in the spring, not baseball. You tell me how a baseball program can have good Juniors and Seniors if they also play football. Those players have quit baseball because they HAVE to play spring football.

I get your disgust, but I have a hard time justifying your angst against JB. He knows the game, he is a good coach. But more importantly, he cares about his players. He's a peer, so sure, I will take up for him. But after getting the chance to talk to someone who was in the program, the baseball coaches have zero chance to be successful there.
Stardust Wrote:MRB, I recognize your displeasure with Jeremy. I've stated before that I know Jeremy and I've had several conversations with him over the past few years. I support him and what he is trying to do. He is in an absolute no-win situation.

We just added to our staff a former HHS coach. I had the chance to talk to him and ask him why he left HHS. He said the external factors will prevent the Birds from ever making baseball a priority. He was done in last year when the Seniors and their parents threw a fit because the boys were expected to be at baseball during spring break??? Go figure, it's baseball season and the players and their parents basicly said screw baseball, I'm going on vacation.

Let's be real in your criticism. You have a football system that expects their football players to be at Spring football workouts. We have the nephew of Hall of Famer Jim Bunning who is an outstanding baseball player, but his commitment was to throw footballs in the spring, not baseball. You tell me how a baseball program can have good Juniors and Seniors if they also play football. Those players have quit baseball because they HAVE to play spring football.

I get your disgust, but I have a hard time justifying your angst against JB. He knows the game, he is a good coach. But more importantly, he cares about his players. He's a peer, so sure, I will take up for him. But after getting the chance to talk to someone who was in the program, the baseball coaches have zero chance to be successful there.
Isn't he his grandson?
^ My bad, Grandson! Thanks for the catch Bob