Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The University of Pikeville adds Two More Transfers for 2012-2013
[Image: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-CWv5FfsA7tY/T5...flores.JPG]
The University of Pikeville has signed two more talented recruits for the 2012-13 season.

UPIKE has added JUCO transfer Darnell Tubbs and NCAA D1 transfer Trevon Flores.

Trevon Flores

6’11 Forward- JR.

James Madison University

Hometown: Columbus, OH

Bio: Trevon Flores joins the UPIKE Bears after 2 seasons at NCAA Division I James Madison University. As a freshman at JMU, Flores started 24 games for the Dukes while setting a JMU record for blocked shots by a freshman (37) while also finishing 10th in the Colonial Athletic Association (CAA) in blocked shots per game. Flores posted a career high of 11 points as a freshman vs. Norfolk State and 9 rebounds as a sophomore vs. Canisius. In 55 games, 28 as a starter, at JMU, Flores posted averages of 2.8 points and 2.4 rebounds per game. During his senior season of high school competition, Flores won a Louisiana State Championship alongside Greg Monroe of the NBA’s Detroit Pistons at Helen Cox High School in Harvey, La.

Darnell Tubbs

6’2 Guard

Columbus State Community College

Hometown: Dayton, OH

Bio: Darnell Tubbs comes to UPIKE after two very successful seasons at Columbus State Community College. As a freshman, Tubbs averaged 14.2 points, 6.1 rebounds, and 3.0 assists per game for the Cougars. Tubbs helped lead CSCC to a 25-4 record and #11 ranking nationally during his sophomore season while putting up averages of 15.5 points, 5.8 rebounds, and 3.2 assists per game. During his career at Columbus State, Tubbs was twice named a First Team All OCCAA and, as a freshman, was named a First Team NJCAA All Region 12 selection. Tubbs is a product of Dayton Ohio’s Trotwood Madison High School where he averaged 15.8 points and 7.3 rebounds per game as a senior and was named 2nd Team All Area by the Dayton Daily News.

http://www.allkyhoops.com/2012/04/univer...-more.html
With all the additions coming in UPike could have another ring soon.
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:With all the additions coming in UPike could have another ring soon.
These are pretty normal turnovers for Top Level NAIA schools. When you get a couple like Vance Cooksey and Quincy Hankins-Cole you have a shot, but even then it was a underdog run.

It is very hit and miss.
I'm just happy we're contending for conference and national titles every year...
^
Even though im no UPIKE fan, I love seeing NAIA teams from KY, especially Mid South Conference teams doing well.
They are both talented players and are very good pickups for Pikeville.
I'm glad that Pikeville is playing basketball at the level they are at. Could be a 2nd championship soon.
Anyone know if what I'm hearing today is true? Wells to Morehead and UPike is already planning interviews.