18. Christian Academy-Louisville
19. Heath
20. Eastern
20. Pleasure Ridge Park
22. Grayson County
23. Hopkins County Central
24. Muhlenberg County
25. Livingston Central
Others receiving votes: Lone Oak 40, Nicholas Co. 34, Marshall Co. 29, Butler 27, Oldham Co. 23, Franklin Co. 16, Henderson Co. 16, Meade Co. 14, Bell Co. 13, Holy Cross 13, Calloway Co. 12, Glasgow 12, Madisonville 12, Butler Co. 11, Union Co. 11, South Laurel 9, Walton Verona 9, Murray 8, Taylor Co. 8, Apollo 7, Graves Co. 6, Warren East 3, Boyd Co. 2, Daviess Co. 2, Bourbon Co. 2, Boyle Co. 1, Estill Co. 1, Magoffin Co. 1.

Magoffin Co. gets a vote?

Come on Coach...be real.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Not sure why Jenkins didn't get any votes for the Top 25. I figured a 19-4 Record going into last night's game would have been enough. Jenkins did deserve to at least get some votes for the Top 25
Strikeout King Wrote:Not sure why Jenkins didn't get any votes for the Top 25. I figured a 19-4 Record going into last night's game would have been enough. Jenkins did deserve to at least get some votes for the Top 25

I'd say they didn't get any votes because even though they have a 20-4 record it has come against weak competition.
^ They had 4 votes last week and didn't lose a game
The whole thing is a joke. Just like east/west allstars. It's all about good old buddy system.....
Jenkins isn't in the same league as half the teams on the list. They need some tools they just don't have .
If Jenkins should have received votes, how about Pikeville? Pikeville is 3-0 vs Jenkins this season, with three shut outs. The Lady Panthers are 19-6, having won two games this past week on the road at Belfry and at Johnson Central, while pounding out 31 hits in the two games. Big tests coming up this week end at the all a in owensboro.
With all due respect the only team from eastern ky that should be in the poll is Ashland and Owensboro Catholic beat them easily. If some of these teams had to play western ky teams game after game some probably wouldn't win a game. Western part of the state is so much tougher.
Jenkins cant play with those teams . Pikeville can play with some of them when they have there Agame . Just some of them.
outsidein Wrote:With all due respect the only team from eastern ky that should be in the poll is Ashland and Owensboro Catholic beat them easily. If some of these teams had to play western ky teams game after game some probably wouldn't win a game. Western part of the state is so much tougher.

100% agree. Ashland is the best team on this side of Lexington and O-Cath is nowhere near the best the West has to offer. It's a completely different game down there.
LCDAWGS19 Wrote:100% agree. Ashland is the best team on this side of Lexington and O-Cath is nowhere near the best the West has to offer. It's a completely different game down there.
I have to disagree with your assessment that Ashland is the best team this side of Lexington. Their schedule is, frankly, loaded with not very good teams, so their win total is a little inflated. NOT saying they are not a good team, just saying majority of their wins have primarily come against not very good teams overall.
PHSForever Wrote:I have to disagree with your assessment that Ashland is the best team this side of Lexington. Their schedule is, frankly, loaded with not very good teams, so their win total is a little inflated. NOT saying they are not a good team, just saying majority of their wins have primarily come against not very good teams overall.

Not saying I disagree with you, but if Ashland isn't the best, then who is? North Laurel is the only other team that I could think of.
You are correct that Ashland schedule is weak... they have two good wins against PRP and Wayne Wv. other than that not good... but I've seen them play and other eastern ky teams play and there by far the best...The games in Lexington you have to give them some room because there #1 pitcher did not pitch. But she is back and getting healthier. PHS have you seen Ashland play? Just wondered. Who would you say is the best. Now I know any team can beat any team on any given day. There the best I've seen east of Lex. I believe they could beat Lafayette....LC you are right o-cath is not the top of the west and they beat Ashalnd bad but again Ashland did not pitch there #1 pitcher.
Blue I agree with you ... who else??? I've seen NL play... I don't think so