Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ben Lake of Rockcastle County commits to Washington University in St. Louis
Ben Lake of Rockcastle County has committed to Washington University in St. Louis. He had a lot of interest from several state NAIA schools, several D3 schools and EKU. He ultimately settled on Wash. U. because of their rigorous academics, Engineering major options, Wash. U. meeting his family on costs, and his appreciation of the coaching staff. Congrats to Ben!:Thumbs:
Congratulations! Go show them why Kentucky football players are the BEST! Best of luck to the young man.
Congrats Ben and papagrit!
Good luck on a great playing career.
Congrats Ben you will do great
Congrats Ben and papagrit!
what level is that?
west 80 Wrote:what level is that?

NCAA Div III
papagrit Wrote:Ben Lake of Rockcastle County has committed to Washington University in St. Louis. He had a lot of interest from several state NAIA schools, several D3 schools and EKU. He ultimately settled on Wash. U. because of their rigorous academics, Engineering major options, Wash. U. meeting his family on costs, and his appreciation of the coaching staff. Congrats to Ben!:Thumbs:

Washington University is the #14 ranked academic university in the nation and is actually ranked above two Ivy League schools. (Brown and Cornell) Ben passed on an offer from EKU to play football for a full ride past what his academic scholarships would have paid to go to Washington U. because EKU doesn't offer engineering. He also passed on a free ride to UK engineering based on academic merit because he wanted to play football and go to an academically challenging school. We are proud of Ben and his selection in Rockcastle.

http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreview...ies/page+2
that is awesome a kid goes for academics now days, congrats to him. Sure he will do very well.
Such a decision and honor requires congratulations to Mr. Lake and his family.
Congrats to the proud papa and to Ben. When a student does that well, the family is usually involved in their life. What a great job of raising and teaching him. I'm sure he will do great in the classroom (priority #1) and on the field.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Congrats young man.
Congratulations to papagrit and Ben. Great school.
Congrats
Congrats to Ben. Wish you all the best.
I have had the honor of meeting Ben Lake. He is one of the finest young men I know. My son has had the challenge of meeting Ben in the trenches and will be the first to tell you he is an amazing player with heart and grit that few can match.

Allow me to congratulate Ben, his family, and the RC program for this great honor. Getting to play the game you love while earning the education that will carry you is a real blessing!