Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Six UK Wildcats making Florence appearances
FLORENCE – The national champions are coming to Florence.

Northern Kentucky may have been snubbed by the statewide tour of the University of Kentucky’s men’s basketball team’s national championship trophy, but six key members of the title squad will be making appearances here starting Saturday.

On Saturday, Doron Lamb and Marquis Teague will appear at Cardboard Heroes in the Florence Mall from 3-5 p.m. Tickets are $25 to see them individually or $40 to see both. Inscriptions are $10 each. The two will also appear from 4-6 p.m. Sunday at the store.

Starting forward Terrence Jones will meet fans at Cardboard Heroes from 6-8 p.m. Saturday. Tickets are $30 with inscriptions costing $10 each.

Also on Saturday, senior Eloy Vargas will appear at the Kentucky Shop, 8113 Connector Drive, from 1-3 p.m. There will be a small fee for autographs.

On Tuesday, senior Darius Miller will appear from 7-8 p.m. at the Kentucky Shop. This event will have only 300 line tickets available. Each line ticket will cost $20 and will include one autographed poster by Miller and the ability to get one item purchased at the store signed as well. Tickets are on sale now.

NCAA Player of the Year Anthony Davis will make a limited appearance at The Kentucky Shop from 5-8 p.m. Thursday.

Tickets for Davis’ appearance will go on sale 1-3 p.m. Sunday. There will only be a limited number of tickets available, each costing $80. With your ticket, you will receive three limited edition posters and the ability to have two items autographed. All tickets sales will be in cash.

For more information on any of the events, call Cardboard Heroes at 859-371-3946 or the Kentucky Shop at 859-371-8585.
Stardust Wrote:On Saturday, Doron Lamb and Marquis Teague will appear at Cardboard Heroes in the Florence Mall from 3-5 p.m. Tickets are $25 to see them individually or $40 to see both. Inscriptions are $10 each. The two will also appear from 4-6 p.m. Sunday at the store.

Does this mean actually talking with them or just getting autographs?
wow, u would think it would be free,someone will try to turn this in to ncaa,lol
^ It's typical that it's based on the lines. Autograph sessions will put you in a single file line. There will be a "herder" (someone who keeps the line moving) who will keep everyone in line and pushes them along if they are spending too much time. But you won't get to spend much time with them. Maybe a photo opp with you bent over the table with the player.
Something like this is the best you can expect

[Image: http://jenstayrook.com/wp-content/upload...stova1.png]
If they were as close as they professed to be one of them should pair up with Vargas and split the money.
So the players do get some of this money I'm guessing?
They are not part of a college team any more. Time to get paid. What do you think all of these barnstorming tours were for.
So that's this weekend of April 26th-29th??
The victory tour continues for the 2012 National Champion Kentucky Wildcats. The Cats are making their way up through Northern Kentucky and into Cincinnati to be honored before the Cincinnati Reds vs. San Francisco Giants game on Tuesday night, April 24th. We heard originally that Coach Cal and the entire team would be on hand for the event, but have run across a couple of conflicts for Darius Miller (who is signing at The Kentucky Shop in Florence from 7-8) and Micheal Kidd-Gilchrist (who is slated to be in Louisville).

However, it should still be lots of fun for Northern Kentucky and Cincinnati UK fans to honor their team.

No word yet on what exactly will happen on Tuesday night, but Reds beat writer John Fay said via Twitter that the festivities will take place before the baseball game gets underway. Maybe Cal will throw out the first pitch? Coach Calipari did send out this tweet….

“We’re bringing the national title trophy north to Cincinnati! The Reds are hosting our team prior to Tuesday’s game at Great American Ball Park at 7:10 p.m. Hope to see the Big Blue Nation there!”

If we hear more details we will update this entry.

Does this news make you more likely to head down to the game if you are already in the area?http://cincinnati.com/blogs/nkysports/20...-ballpark/
Damn, this stuff has got high.
I remember being a kid and going to dawahares in corbin (before it went out of business) to get autographs of every senior player on UK's team in the early 90s all the way up to 2001 or 2002 as an adult, and back then it was like 20 bucks for meeting, pictures and up to 3 autographs lol.
These guys will be charging upwards of hundreds of dollars for the same signature in two months. Go back & look at the players that went to the NBA in the 90's. As you I took my ball to Dawhare's each year & got the UK seniors for $10-$20, the biggest name that was on my ball is Tony Delk.

Here's UK's first round draft picks for the entire 90's:
Mashburn 93' #4
Walker 96' #6
Delk 96' #16
McCarty 96' #19
Mercer 97' #6
Anderson 97' #13
Mohammad 98' #29
Padgett 99' #28
Magloire 00' #19

That's 9 in 10 years.

Here's UK's first round picks in the Calapari Era:
Wall 10' #1
Cousins 10' #5
Patterson 10' #14
Bledsoe 10' #18
Orton 10' #29
Knight 11' #8
Davis 12' #1
Gilchrist 12' #3
Jones 12' #16
Lamb 12' #24
Teague 12' #26

That's 11 in 3 years & that's not even counting Kanter.
Heshimu Evans, Chris Harrison, Andre Riddick etc. That were doing these barnstorming tours & autograph sessions at Dawhare's for $10 weren't primed to be millionaires in a matter of months.
The Blue Blur Wrote:These guys will be charging upwards of hundreds of dollars for the same signature in two months. Go back & look at the players that went to the NBA in the 90's. As you I took my ball to Dawhare's each year & got the UK seniors for $10-$20, the biggest name that was on my ball is Tony Delk.

Here's UK's first round draft picks for the entire 90's:
Mashburn 93' #4
Walker 96' #6
Delk 96' #16
McCarty 96' #19
Mercer 97' #6
Anderson 97' #13
Mohammad 98' #29
Padgett 99' #28
Magloire 00' #19

That's 9 in 10 years.

Here's UK's first round picks in the Calapari Era:
Wall 10' #1
Cousins 10' #5
Patterson 10' #14
Bledsoe 10' #18
Orton 10' #29
Knight 11' #8
Davis 12' #1
Gilchrist 12' #3
Jones 12' #16
Lamb 12' #24
Teague 12' #26

That's 11 in 3 years & that's not even counting Kanter.
Heshimu Evans, Chris Harrison, Andre Riddick etc. That were doing these barnstorming tours & autograph sessions at Dawhare's for $10 weren't primed to be millionaires in a matter of months.

Dude, thats exactly what i have. Delk was also my prized possession lol.
Stardust,
You sure the times & places are correct?? According to the Cardboard Heroes website, Jones will be signing Wednesday 6-8 @ Florence & Lamb along with Teague aren't listed for an appearance in Florence.

http://www.cheroes.com/instoreevents.html
Teague and Doron Lamb were suppose to be in Corbin today at Wildcat Warehouse and Teague was their but Lamb couldnt make it due to class.
Talked to the guys at Cardboard Heroes, Terrance Jones signing is tonight 4/25 @ 6-8 & he will not be there this Saturday.

Lamb & Teague were last Saturday, as well as Eloy Vargas @ The Kentucky Shop

The Anthony Davis Signing at The Kentucky Shop has been moved to Friday 4/27.