Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Russell coach?
I've been hearing rumors about a new coach at Russell, either Morris or Evans. Has anyone else heard anything?
What happened to Ivan McGlone?
heard he was still in the hospital, also heard one of the coaches said no spring practice because everything was too disorganized, heard they were not going to anounce a head coach untill start of practice so they wont have to go through the interview process. I dont know if this is true and i dont want to start any rummers, just saying what ive heard, thats why i ask if anyone has heard anything
How can you have disorganization in a program if a coach has been there 30 or so years?
mightydog Wrote:heard he was still in the hospital, also heard one of the coaches said no spring practice because everything was too disorganized, heard they were not going to anounce a head coach untill start of practice so they wont have to go through the interview process. I dont know if this is true and i dont want to start any rummers, just saying what ive heard, thats why i ask if anyone has heard anything

Your Fine. You may want to talk to FBALL he's the main Russell guy on here
Thrillex Wrote:How can you have disorganization in a program if a coach has been there 30 or so years?

Thats what i ask my wife when i heard this, several coaches have been there for a while and the head coach goes out and everything goes into a tailspin, unbelievable!!!! I HOPE THIS ISNT TRUE. Come on Football, if your the go to Russell guy help us out and stop these rumers with some facts.
Coach McGlone is still the head football coach at Russell. He has had trouble following his surgery with infection. It's been rough. He wants to come back though. The way I understand it if he is not able to be on the sidelines this year Coach Morris will take over on an interim basis and Evans will take the offense.

All of the confusion is simply due to the health of Coach McGlone and the fact that he still wants to be there. He's earned the right to give it all the time he can I would say.

Also heard coach Edwards was going to take the freshmen team this season.
FBALL Wrote:Coach McGlone is still the head football coach at Russell. He has had trouble following his surgery with infection. It's been rough. He wants to come back though. The way I understand it if he is not able to be on the sidelines this year Coach Morris will take over on an interim basis and Evans will take the offense.

All of the confusion is simply due to the health of Coach McGlone and the fact that he still wants to be there. He's earned the right to give it all the time he can I would say.

Also heard coach Edwards was going to take the freshmen team this season.

I agree that Coach McGlone should be the only one that decides when he leaves the sideline. IF Coach Evans runs the offense, will they stick with the wing T? If it is on an interim basis, it would not make sense to change for one year and then go back.
They will still be running the Wing T as a base offense.

People fail to realize that although the Wing T is the staple, Coach McGlone has run different things through the years with different personnel.