Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hazard 3 Belfry 1
Whitaker pitched a great game for Hazard. Complete game, 94 pitches, 59 strikes, 5 K's, 3 hits, 2 BB's, 0.0 ERA. Belfry hit the ball hard but Hazard played great defense
Belfry has to be better than what they are playing.
What i've seen Belfry is better than pikeville
Hazard is on a win streak!
This was a great game! Congrats Hazard!! GO DAWGS!!
This was one of the better high school games that I have seen in a while. Belfry put the ball in play and Hazard played great defense and got some great pitching from Whitaker. Hazard had baserunners on in almost every inning and got them across with two in bottom of the sixth by a hit by Jordan Olinger, and Hazard ends game on 6-4-3 DP. Hazard started week off slow but in five games their pitchers gave up 7 runs in 32 inninngs lead by shutout by 7th grader Conley and one hitter-shutout by Jake Roll. 8th grader Griffin Wells gave up 2 earned runs against Pikeville, Johnson gave up two earned runs against Pike Central and Whitaker finished the week with one run that was unearned. Hazard starting to look pretty good putting up some good wins against pretty good competition. This team has played a very hard schedule up to this point-this should pay off agaisnt the 14th region teams.
Hazards finally looking like a team. Looks like they are having fun on and off the field but still taking care of business. If they can get the team chemistry thing down this year, it will of make them better next year considering they have ZERO seniors.
I seen a few innings of this game, both teams looked pretty good too me. Good pitching for sure.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
There are some pictures from some of Hazard's games here... http://community.webshots.com/album/582515225NPfmqj
Great win for Hazard, I look for them to take the 14th once again this year