Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2012-13 8th region
Top 5 teams in the 8th next year .... only my opinion, based on what I saw at the end of this season.

1. Oldham Co: Loses 3 starters. Hollands teams play good defense and they return top scorer Sam Gruber 11.0 ppg ... JV team was 16-4. other returners: Kopp 7.7 ppg, Masters 3.6 ppg (Oldham also had lost 3 staters last year)

2. Collins: Loses Brian Stone and Michael Brooks .... returns Marshall, Johnson, Stone

3. South Oldham: Return top 8 scorers... basicly rely on the perimeter shot and defensively gave up 59 points a game. Shae Goodlet returns 14.3 ppg.

4. Simon Kenton: Loses Chambers 18.1 ppg, Mullen 7.5 ppg. Returns Sampson 13.4 ppg, Barnes 8.5 ppg, Ayers 7.3 ppg.

5. Gallatin Co: Loses Davis and Brown, but return Morgan 15.6 ppg and 6.7 reb. Morgan may be the player of the year in the 8th next year.
I will be shocked if Morgan is the POY. He is a good player, just don't see him as being the best.
maybe not ... he was just so impressive in the regionals .... but the 8th is wide open!
coloneldad Wrote:Top 5 teams in the 8th next year .... only my opinion, based on what I saw at the end of this season.

1. Oldham Co: Loses 3 starters. Hollands teams play good defense and they return top scorer Sam Gruber 11.0 ppg ... JV team was 16-4. other returners: Kopp 7.7 ppg, Masters 3.6 ppg (Oldham also had lost 3 staters last year)

2. Collins: Loses Brian Stone and Michael Brooks .... returns Marshall, Johnson, Stone

3. South Oldham: Return top 8 scorers... basicly rely on the perimeter shot and defensively gave up 59 points a game. Shae Goodlet returns 14.3 ppg.

4. Simon Kenton: Loses Chambers 18.1 ppg, Mullen 7.5 ppg. Returns Sampson 13.4 ppg, Barnes 8.5 ppg, Ayers 7.3 ppg.

5. Gallatin Co: Loses Davis and Brown, but return Morgan 15.6 ppg and 6.7 reb. Morgan may be the player of the year in the 8th next year.
1. Collins-- Marshall, Johnson, Stone, and 6'6" kid from Detriot. Their JV team went 17-3.
2. S. Oldham-- if I am not mistaken, they return 6 of their top players.
3. Oldham--
South Oldham layed an egg in New Castle like usual but the team spent some time in the Litkenhous top 20 and loses essentially nothing... I'll take my dragons at the top at least to START the season
Collins will depend on Manica. Will he go to Trinity. Being recruited hard from what I have heard. If manica leaves, they still will not have a point gurad. With him they will be tops in the 8th.
Shelby is now searching for a new coach. Lots of work to do there.
I will be very surprised if Manica stays at Collins. I think his older was a standout football player and decided to go to Trinity his Freshman year. I look for him to do the same. Either way, he has a bright future ahead of him.

I look for South Oldham to be to at the top of the region.
gohard Wrote:I will be very surprised if Manica stays at Collins. I think his older was a standout football player and decided to go to Trinity his Freshman year. I look for him to do the same. Either way, he has a bright future ahead of him.

I look for South Oldham to be to at the top of the region.

Malik is also a very good football player, so I wouldn't be surprised if he left either. Collins has by far the most athleticism in the region but they lack good guard play. If Malik stays, they should be pretty good next year.

Collins, Oldham, and South Oldham should be the top 3 teams in the region based on what they have coming back. Dez Marshall from Collins will probably be one of the favorites for player of the year, in my opinion.
That has to be frustrating for Collins! With Dez and Buddy they still will be formidable and yes South has a bunch coming back, But Holland seems to able to plug 'em in and make them go.
coloneldad Wrote:That has to be frustrating for Collins! With Dez and Buddy they still will be formidable and yes South has a bunch coming back, But Holland seems to able to plug 'em in and make them go.

It is frustrating when you lose players from every sport every year, but there's nothing you can do about it. You just play with the players you have.

The 8th region should be just as exciting last year as it was this year. I'm already looking forward to next season!
blue1424 Wrote:Malik is also a very good football player, so I wouldn't be surprised if he left either. Collins has by far the most athleticism in the region but they lack good guard play. If Malik stays, they should be pretty good next year.

Collins, Oldham, and South Oldham should be the top 3 teams in the region based on what they have coming back. Dez Marshall from Collins will probably be one of the favorites for player of the year, in my opinion.

That will put 4 kids from Shelby County on T's roster next year...
someone please tell me how 3 of those kids ended up there. One of the kids came up thru private school so that doesn't bother me as bad..
Tommy2tone Wrote:That will put 4 kids from Shelby County on T's roster next year...
someone please tell me how 3 of those kids ended up there. One of the kids came up thru private school so that doesn't bother me as bad..

I think you know the answer to that question...Confusedhh:
4 kids lost that will hurt a program! It's not right.