Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2011-2012 Season In Review
Now that the 2011-2012 high school boys basketball season is the in the books, how about we go back through the season and list some of your favorite memories or games that you saw. Or discuss some of the best players and performances that you saw throughout the season.
I would have to say the wymt finals with Matt Day scorin 47 and Camron Justice gettin 45.
GRC blowing out Mason Co in the finals of the region.....:rockon:
Southwestern Warriors exceeding the expectation of their tournament boundaries!
Who could forget the game that "shocked the world"? Buckhorn defeating Perry Central in the first round of district.
My favorite moment of the year had to be my Southwestern Warriors making it to the State Tournament for first time in school history. Once they got there, they made some noise by beating Hoptown and Rowan County, while remaining in single digits to Trinity. What a great season for Steve Wright and the Warriors!

One of the best performances in my neck of the woods was a 51-point game from Pulaski County junior Kody Johnson in a 115-98 victory over Wayne County. Another Maroon player, Taylor Gover, also had some nice games this past season.

The best games I saw all year were both of the Pulaski County-Southwestern games. The first meeting was a barn-burner and the second game went into double overtime. I was hoping the two teams would play in the 12th Region Tournament, but that didn't happen.

Great season! Can't wait until next year!
Granny Bear Wrote:Southwestern Warriors exceeding the expectation of their tournament boundaries!

I like your thinking. :worthy:
SW had some very good players.
Tony Messer's game winner for Belfry vs. Mingo Central
Ray Kasongo's dunk on Cody Belter in the 59th District Tournament, you don't see dunks like that in college games.
Jake Burger's buzzer beating 3 point bank shot with a hand in his face as Covington Holy Cross beat Bardstown by 1 point in the All A Classic
Justice/Day battle in the Wymt. (Both going for 40+pts)

Coach Rhodes rough 1st year in the 14th.

Buckhorn winning the 14th region All "A"

John Noble/Brian Hall Co-COY

Matt Day POY

LCC beating Cordia by 89.

Buckhorn sending Perry Central home in the 1st round of district.

Powell, Breathitt, Knott, and Buckhorn winning their districts.

Conversational call with 0.8 in the end of the KCC/Breathitt game.

Knott Central going to Rupp