Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ERHS Basketball
:1: How good do you think ERHS's basketball team will be next year considering that they are losing 3 seniors this year? tell me your thoughts.....
I think ER is going to have a really good team for the next 3 years...
I think they'll have a good season next year. I think Michael Rowe can replace Kyle Fletcher well and I don't think replacing Tyler McCoy or Curtis Williams will be too much of a problem.
ERHS will be the team to beat next year....They are losing three quality players but there juniors will step up and they will make a run for the state title..... :party:
I just don't think East Ridge has enough horses in the stable to keep up with the elite teams in the 15th next year.  I believe that Paintsville, Johnson Central, Shelby Valley, and Pikeville all have much more talent than the Warriors.  East Ridge is capable of pulling off the occasional upset because of their effort, but the talent just isn't there anymore to be a top contender.  Bartley is a nice player, but his game is terribly limited.  He can't go left and he is absolutely horrible shooting from the perimeter.  Rowe is tough on the interior, but he is unproven against anything other than JV competition.  Webb is a steady little guard, but not the caliber of player that is needed to compete against the top 2 or 3 teams in the region.  I think that 2006/2007 will be a similar year to what ER had this season... a couple of nice wins over top teams, but an early exit from the district tournament.  :thumpsup:
[quote author=King James link=topic=20940.msg212507#msg212507 date=1142546846]
I just don't think East Ridge has enough horses in the stable to keep up with the elite teams in the 15th next year.  I believe that Paintsville, Johnson Central, Shelby Valley, and Pikeville all have much more talent than the Warriors.  East Ridge is capable of pulling off the occasional upset because of their effort, but the talent just isn't there anymore to be a top contender.  Bartley is a nice player, but his game is terribly limited.  He can't go left and he is absolutely horrible shooting from the perimeter.  Rowe is tough on the interior, but he is unproven against anything other than JV competition.  Webb is a steady little guard, but not the caliber of player that is needed to compete against the top 2 or 3 teams in the region.  I think that 2006/2007 will be a similar year to what ER had this season... a couple of nice wins over top teams, but an early exit from the district tournament.  :thumpsup:
[/quote]

I agree
I don't agree. Mark Bartley isn't terrible from the perimeter. Your right about him not being able to go left, but that is about his only major flaw. I don't think Valley will be a better team than us next year and I certainly don't think Pikeville will be a better team. I think it will be Valley and ER in the district championship next.
First off King James your just an idiot.  Now, to the question.  ER will have some good talent next year.  The Coleman kid will be a top scorer in the 15'th and Bartley.  Also, watch out for hot hand and three point threat Mullins.  Bartley is a good three point shooter especially from the corner.  They will have David Ratliff and Big 6'7 Lucas H. in there as well.  If they can play as a team unlike the team they had this year they will be a top 5 regional team.  There biggest problem this year was jealously by the Williams kid who was a horrible player.  And jealously by other players.  Also they played with no heart.  Fletcher and McCoy were good but not replaceable.  May walked into a nightmare up there and Hurley knew when to exit obviously. 
I actually think theyll be a good team next year i mean were not the only ones losing seniors and were only losing 3! :1:
[quote author=pedro link=topic=20940.msg212809#msg212809 date=1142607768]
First off King James your just an idiot.  Now, to the question.  ER will have some good talent next year.  The Coleman kid will be a top scorer in the 15'th and Bartley.  Also, watch out for hot hand and three point threat Mullins.  Bartley is a good three point shooter especially from the corner. They will have David Ratliff and Big 6'7 Lucas H. in there as well. If they can play as a team unlike the team they had this year they will be a top 5 regional team.  There biggest problem this year was jealously by the Williams kid who was a horrible player.  And jealously by other players.  Also they played with no heart.  Fletcher and McCoy were good but not replaceable.  May walked into a nightmare up there and Hurley knew when to exit obviously. 
[/quote]

Where was the 6'7" kid this season?  Did he even play?
He played JV and did a pretty good job...still pretty young, though
Bartley will be a quality player but as mentioned his is limited and cannot seem to drive left to save his life.

Coleman will be a force on the inside. He's gained some experience in the last couple of seasons and has a great game.

Rowe will be along with Coleman to step up in the paint. He hasn't really impressed me.

Ratliff, shew..what can I say about this boy? He makes a couple good plays but I really can't stand him on the court. He tries to be Mr. Big Show but doesn't have the talent to back it up.

Mullins is a great set shooter from the perimeter. I don't know how many 3 balls I've seen him make. He is a Patrick Sparks though, he has on and off nights, can step up with a big play when he wants to, but has to be pretty square for the release.

Webb doesn't impress me. I've watched the kid grow up and yea he was a pretty good little guard in Pee Wee and even Jr. High but he has ALOT to prove on a Varsity level. He got some playing time when coach was pissed at Williams but he didn't generate what he needed to on the court.

I hope that East Ridge has a solid program in the years to come but I too think the season will be another flop. I really think that this 2005-2006 season will be the last chance we had at a title for a long time. I hope that I am wrong, I really do because I would LOVE to see those boys make something happen again but they don't have the leadership that they need and perhaps, not even the talent.
I see ER being 3rd in the district and 7-9 in the region next year. 
Do you think 6'4 Josh Thacker will do anything next year???
he will prolly continue to work hard this summer and suprise a lot of people next year
Lucas played some JV time this year, and he got some Varsity time, he needs to gain more weight on him to become a more dominate player all around.

Micheal Rowe will be the key center/power forward in the line up for ER next Year.

Mark Bartley will be the 2 guard, being able to penetrate almost any defense you throw at him, but he is still weak on the left side, and has been since I played basketball with him in little league, but he is working on it.

Jordan Mullins, a potential 2 or 3 guard, with a great outside shot, and enough height on him to be able to take the ball to the hole.

Dustin Webb will be the point guard for the warriors, he can handle the ball, but he needs to build up more confidence in himself to become a all around player.

Coleman will be a power house down low, he has the body type, and the power to dominate almost anyone in the 59th district, plus not to forget his AWESOME outside shit can be deadly if you leave him open.
-------------

The major key to this team will come down to the coaching staff, I played with all these boys, and they know how to play together, and they play well together. They know each others next move, 2 or 3 steps ahead of time, and thats what it will take to be a successful basketball program.
I talk to Thacker over the weekend and he is looking pretty sharp from the 3pt line & inside moves... Cody Abshire has been working only with him.. Thacker can bench 185, squat 345... Abshire benchs 165, squat 225... And they continue to lift everyday together...

ERHS  :1:
East Ridge will dominate the 59'th next year.  They have a solid coaching staff With May and Mercer but I am trying to figure out who the guy from California is and why he is here. (the freshman coach)  Anyone know anything about his coaching past?  Pikeville can't touch them and Valley will have a lot to prove.  Big players... Webb was already much better than Williams was last year... he is hurt but will be back running the show.. David Ratliff can play almost any position and will be the best 6'th man in the region.  COleman Bartley will be the studs and big mike rowe and Lucas will fill some voids inside.  15'th region runner ups..2007
[quote author=pedro link=topic=20940.msg214874#msg214874 date=1142957203]
East Ridge will dominate the 59'th next year.  They have a solid coaching staff With May and Mercer but I am trying to figure out who the guy from California is and why he is here. (the freshman coach)  Anyone know anything about his coaching past?  Pikeville can't touch them and Valley will have a lot to prove.  Big players... Webb was already much better than Williams was last year... he is hurt but will be back running the show.. David Ratliff can play almost any position and will be the best 6'th man in the region.  COleman Bartley will be the studs and big mike rowe and Lucas will fill some voids inside.  15'th region runner ups..2007
[/quote]

ER will finish 3rd in the district again.  They may dominate David.  But who knows for sure.
you're funny ballon man.. You must be from the Valley get a coach... Do you really think Pikeville can beat them and do you think Valley will be region competion after losing the Riddle boys... come on bro.. it's a weak district and ER will probably go undefeated.
I must agree with Pedro, ER will be the dominate team in the 59th discrict this year, I'm thinking about playing once again.
Well, they may be dominate. But they dont have any true impact players returning. Every other team in the district does. But who knows, stranger things have happened in the 15th.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
What 'impact' players does the other teams have?

Jordan Mullins will be a true player this year, and Anothony Coleman will be a power house in the paint...they will be a force to reackon with...
I ment that SV will be returning 2 or 3 starters off the regional tourney runner up team. Pikeville will be returning players who started 5 or 6 games over the season this year. SV and Pikeville had alot of underclassmen to get some serious minutes this year. ER didnt have any impact players last year to even think about stepping up next season. Other teams does. That is all I ment by it.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
59th will be wide open next year.
ER will be a solid team.
i look for shelby valley to be outstanding next year
Homer Simpson Wrote:i look for shelby valley to be outstanding next year
I think that Valley will have a very solid team. They will have a outstanding outside game. But I dont see them having any inside game at all next year with the loss of the Riddle boys.
Look for big John Johnson to be back in the fold next year to play the post... Also the two big kids from Virgie will be ready to compete on the varsity level next year.
59th is up for grabs next year and anyone will capable of winning it, but if I had to rank the teams 1 to 4

1 SV
2 Pikeville
3 ER
4 David
The King Wrote:Look for big John Johnson to be back in the fold next year to play the post... Also the two big kids from Virgie will be ready to compete on the varsity level next year.

If he dont cry and quit again because he lost some PT..