—

Tyler Thacker (Rowan Co.);

Adam Fatkin (Clark Co.);

Zack Davis (Knott Co. Central);

Brandon Price (John Hardin);

David Kapinga and Justin Edwards (Southwestern);

Tyler Wesley and Sam Gruber (Oldham Co.);

Isaiah Ivey, Tamron Manning and Quin Richardson (Scott Co.);

Charles Foster, Troy Saxton and Dieudonne (Trinity).

Ted Sanford Award — Davis (Knott Co. Central).

Academic scholarships — James Chaffin (Johnson Central);
Zane McQueary (Boone Co.);
Chase Buchanan (Marshall Co.).

Sportsmanship — Andrew Perito (Trinity).

Leadership — Josh Harris (Scott Co.).

Larry Conley Ultimate Teammate — Davis (Knott Co. Central).

Read more here: Trinity is fourth private school to win state title as Shamrocks whip Scott County | High school basketball | Kentucky.com [/INDENT]
Congrats to all you young men.
Congrats to everyone.
Very proud Papa! My son was one of the young men honored! I am so happy he had that experience!
Congrats to all, especially Edwards and Kapinga!
Congrats to all...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Grats to ALL!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
GetChili Wrote:Congrats to all, especially Edwards and Kapinga!

Thought of you when I posted this....knew you would be proud....just like I am of Adam Fatkin of GRC!!!!! Pre-season Adam wasn't even listed as one of the top 10 players in the 10th region.
what exactly is the ted sanford award?
G.O.A.T Wrote:what exactly is the ted sanford award?

This is completely something I heard, because I would like to really know too..but someone told me it was an academic athlete award and I think someone nominated Zach for it.

It seems pretty prestegious.... he got it on Saturday night.

Very proud of that young man! :Clap:

Congratulations to all athletes awarded!
G.O.A.T Wrote:what exactly is the ted sanford award?

Each year, the Kentucky High School Athletic Association honors a senior participant in the Boys' State Tournament with the Ted Sanford Award, in memory of the former KHSAA Commissioner. This award is based on excellence in four areas -- Academic Achievement, Basketball Ability, Citizenship and Sportsmanship.

You must be nominated for this award. And yes, it is a great honor to get this award.
Gold Charger Wrote:
Each year, the Kentucky High School Athletic Association honors a senior participant in the Boys' State Tournament with the Ted Sanford Award, in memory of the former KHSAA Commissioner. This award is based on excellence in four areas -- Academic Achievement, Basketball Ability, Citizenship and Sportsmanship.

You must be nominated for this award.

Thank you!
thanks for the info i had no idea what that award was but congrats to mr. davis on his accomplishments.
Gold Charger Wrote:Thought of you when I posted this....knew you would be proud....just like I am of Adam Fatkin of GRC!!!!! Pre-season Adam wasn't even listed as one of the top 10 players in the 10th region.

Really? That's crazy. He had an outstanding year, averaging close to 20 points a game. He may not have made the top 10 preseason players list in the 10th Region, but he certainly made the State All-Tournament team. :rockon: