Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recruiting & Eligibility Questions
vundy33 Wrote:Hahahaha...this thread just goes to show how jacked up the KHSAA is doesn't it?

And thanks Dusty for so many great posts clearing up alot of questions we have.

I have been engaged in this for quite some time. I learned a lot when we had a player who wanted to transfer to us after the individual got in trouble in his previous school. Father owned properties all around NKY, thus it was easy to gain residency in five different school districts. Long story short, we said no, he went to a rival and helped his team reach the State tournament and send Lawrence County and Shepard packing in the first round.
Thanks guys.
Quote: if you play 1 minute in a varsity game, then you have to sit out if you transfer

I'm assuming this means for the rest of the year or only a certain period of time?
FanofThegame12 Wrote:I'm assuming this means for the rest of the year or only a certain period of time?

If you play one minute, you are a varsity player for that season, the entire season. Thus, if you finish that school year and decide to transfer to another school, and the transfer is not considered a hardship or move, then that individual is NOT eligible to play the entire next years season!

This means if a player plays on minute of basketball in the first varsity basketball game of the season and never plays again that season, then that individual will SIT the ENTIRE next season should he transfer to another school!
Well, him and his mom were considering moving closer to the school he'd like to transfer to, it would also help her being closer to work.
FanofThegame12 Wrote:Well, him and his mom were considering moving closer to the school he'd like to transfer to, it would also help her being closer to work.

It would mean he has to move out of his current school district. Is that where they are planning on moving?
I'm pretty sure.