Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's that time.....Spring Practice!
Equipment will be given out tomorrow at Belfry!!!!! :clap: There will also be something new this spring on Pond Creek. Rumor has it there will be a spring game on 4/4. I can hardly wait.
will haywood still be on the sidelines?
[quote author=Blackcat75 link=topic=20929.msg212233#msg212233 date=1142483900]
will haywood still be on the sidelines?
[/quote]

I would say YES.

:pirateshoot: :pirateshoot: :pirateshoot: :pirateshoot: :1:
There will be no changes on the Belfry sideline this year. :clap:
fffff-ootball  :flame:
Belfry Middle School is hitting the field also I,ve been told with about 50 kids :pirateshoot:what a boost for the pirate program in the future.
That's great to have that many kids out on the Middle school team. The future of Belfry Football looks very bright for many years to come. These kids will be able to be teammates for 6 years and will know each other in and out. This will help develop a team chemistry long before they ever step foot into Belfry High School

Can't wait for football !!!!!!!  :pirateshoot:
Belfry Pride that willbe 7yr.s the lil bucks won Pike co. 6th grade this yr .
[quote author=BelfryBuck link=topic=20929.msg213723#msg213723 date=1142746723]
Belfry Middle School is hitting the field also I,ve been told with about 50 kids :pirateshoot:what a boost for the pirate program in the future.
[/quote]

I'm sure the KHSAA will enjoy hearing about this one...nobody in current 8th grade or below is allowed to participate in Spring Practice.
i think i will head down to morehead an watch a little of their spring ball.
I didn't realize that the KHSAA is the governing body for Middle schools also.
Pirate Pal Wrote:I didn't realize that the KHSAA is the governing body for Middle schools also.

I was wondering the same thing...does the KHSAA have anything to do with middle school sports.?? I didn't think so, but maybe I am wrong...wouldn't be the first time...
BelfryBuck Wrote:Belfry Pride that willbe 7yr.s the lil bucks won Pike co. 6th grade this yr .

Yep... they sure did AGAINST a team who does not have 5 feeder school and didn't have 48 kids on the team. The team they beat only had 21 kids TOTAL on the entire team and most of them played both ways!!! and OH.. did you forget that this little team they defeated for the championship beat them earlier in the year 28-12.... NOT by 2 pts???? Rolleyes
Pirate Pal Wrote:I didn't realize that the KHSAA is the governing body for Middle schools also.

They don't, but if those Middle School players practiced with the High School, then there is a violation of the rules.
Sponge Bob Wrote:They don't, but if those Middle School players practiced with the High School, then there is a violation of the rules.

Ok..that makes sense.

But let me clarify then...the middle school football team is having spring practice at the middle school by themselves. They are not practicing with the high school team.
phs1986 Wrote:Yep... they sure did AGAINST a team who does not have 5 feeder school and didn't have 48 kids on the team. The team they beat only had 21 kids TOTAL on the entire team and most of them played both ways!!! and OH.. did you forget that this little team they defeated for the championship beat them earlier in the year 28-12.... NOT by 2 pts???? Rolleyes

But I'm sure that if the situation was reversed then you would have not problem bragging about beating them...oh I see that you already did.

Let's be adults about this, my gosh it's only kids that are 11-12 years old.
Pirate Pal Wrote:But I'm sure that if the situation was reversed then you would have not problem bragging about beating them...oh I see that you already did.

Let's be adults about this, my gosh it's only kids that are 11-12 years old.

No problem here... I just think the kids that Belfry beat did one heck of a job competing with a team that has as many members as Belfry does. Imagine like you said reversing the rolls.... Braggin would be even sweeter... I think!!!! Big Grin

**and OH... MY child played on the "smaller" team..... LOLOL.. I had a first hand view of EVERY game they played... EXCELLENT ballteam to be ONLY 1 school!!!
Does anyone know if Belfry will be going to Morehead this year for the scrimmage they have there?

Also, will Belfry and Johnson Central have another scrimmage this year?
Pirate Pal Wrote:Does anyone know if Belfry will be going to Morehead this year for the scrimmage they have there?

I don't know for sure, but I will ask around and see. Coach Tackett is supposed to be giving me a schedule of all practices and scrimmages.
Football24_7 Wrote:I'm sure the KHSAA will enjoy hearing about this one...nobody in current 8th grade or below is allowed to participate in Spring Practice.

KHSAA has 0000000000000 say in anything that happens before a childs 9th grade year, or unless a 7th or 8th grader plays a varsity high school sport.

SO stop all rumors, complaining etc.
NEXT Wrote:KHSAA has 0000000000000 say in anything that happens before a childs 9th grade year, or unless a 7th or 8th grader plays a varsity high school sport.

SO stop all rumors, complaining etc.

I don't think they were starting rumors. The post made is sound like the middle school was practicing with the varsity. That would be a direct violation of the rules. However, since the middle school is doing their own thing, all things are cool.
Pirate Pal Wrote:Does anyone know if Belfry will be going to Morehead this year for the scrimmage they have there?

I think we have Johnson Central again.

Confirmed: Belfry will scrimmage Hazard at Hazard and Johnson Central at Belfry.
Dont know dates or times yet. Will post when I find out more info.
BurntTires Wrote:Confirmed: Belfry will scrimmage Hazard at Hazard and Johnson Central at Belfry.

Thanks BT:thumpsup:
belfry is going to morehead for camp

Blackcat75 Wrote:i think i will head down to morehead an watch a little of their spring ball.
BurntTires Wrote:Confirmed: Belfry will scrimmage Hazard at Hazard and Johnson Central at Belfry.
I would like to see the Belfry and JC game.
Did they play last year.
schs_football Wrote:I would like to see the Belfry and JC game.
Did they play last year.
Yes, they played Johnson Central last year at Johnson Central. It was a good outing for both squads.