Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trinity 71 - Scott County 53 (State Championship)
It amazes me that we can accuse Scott County and/or Trinity of recruiting when we have kids from New York, Canada, etc. all over eastern Kentucky.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Congrats Scott County for being the public school state champion who doesnt get to pick and choose their kids in both sports.

I 2nd that! Congrats to Scott County!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Benchwarmer Wrote:The only thing in doubt is your thinking. I could care less about you or your school. Your the one that keeps going out about the private and public debate debate. Have i done that? Nope. So insecurity about yourself is showing. I guess your a body builder. You know what they say about them? Big in some areas and short in one. I could care a rats ass about Trinity or you.

Your boys are the state champions of all schools, public or private, located east of Lexington. How about that?
Scott County complaining about recruiting...........WOW.
Truth Wrote:Your boys are the state champions of all schools, public or private, located east of Lexington. How about that?

I should have said farthest east of Lexington. Rowan County won a first round game. too, and they had a very good team.
Man Trinity has some of depth and talent..They were lights out throughout this tournament and especially last night. I was pulling for Scott Co last night but T deff deserve to win their 1st ever championship on the hardwood.
Truth Wrote:Your ignorant and whiny attitude makes Trinity's win that much more satisfying.

As for recruiting, as I said earlier, all schools do it or at least attempt to do it. No exceptions other than a school like Covington Latin where academic requirements for admission are remarkably selective. If you believe otherwise, you are quite naive in regard to the reality of high school athletics. If you doubt this, read the KHSAA by-law dealing with recruiting and transfers. The list of possible offenders is not limited to school employees. I'll even bet agents of Whitley County have made overtures to athletes from other schools at one time or another.

If Trinity were a public rather than a private school, I doubt that you would be upset- unless, of course, those tattoos are your real hangup.

You seem a little butt hurt even after a win.
You must have son that was recruited by T aand went their and now are part of that family forever.
Im not naive, or stupid. Its a simple ass fact that they have an advantage. No Whitley doesnt go to other places and recruit players like T. If that was the truth we wouldnt have went 3-8 in football last year and something like 5-20 in basketball.
People like you that push the fact harder and jump on a statement like that make it so much more obvious of what you are doing.
Good luck in trying to get anyone to believe your bull shit nonsense.

List Trinity's football roster and beside those 237 names, put a star beside how many of those kids live within 20 miles of the actual school, or how many of them even lived in lville before middle school or high school.

Dont push it, you private lovers lose this battle everytime.

FYI, I see nothing wrong with the whole public/private thing. Its the recruiting that illegal, and before you ask if i have proof and that bullshit, no i dont, but i know it happens after talking with many, many people, and so do you.
rojas Wrote:It amazes me that we can accuse Scott County and/or Trinity of recruiting when we have kids from New York, Canada, etc. all over eastern Kentucky.

Definitely true.
I wont argue there. Teams like Perry and East Ridge shouldnt be allowed to accept recruits like that either, however if privte schools playing on the same level of competetion are, i say more power to you.

Hell, i wish Whitley would go get 10 players from ten different countries next year so they could compete. It seems to be the growing trend.
toussaints Wrote:Congrats Trinity on winning state, Dieudonne was lights out on both sides of the court.

Kudos to Billy Hicks on the red jacket

Also, Trinity's players have some nice, expensive looking tattoos.

I guess you have not seen Lafayette's players with their tattoos.
Truth Wrote:Since Trinity is an all boys school, it seems obvious that, if they have female cheerleaders, they had to use either girls from other area Catholic schools or their mothers.

As for the commentators, their knowledge of who is and who isn't a successful recruiter (after all, all schools recruit to one degree or another) is no better than that of anyone else who follows high school sports. And, like the rest of us, they have their own prejudices and loyalties. Such matters, it seems, are in the eyes of the beholder.

My only problem is with those who lose and then use whatever excuses they can muster. It would be more honorable to just admit that, in nearly every case, their team got beat by a better team. That was certainly the case in this game.

Hey IDIOT. No their mothers were not the cheerleaders. If you know anything about private schools that all boys or girls schools. They have what they call SISTER school vice versa a BROTHER school. is this case, I belive that Assumption ( I think ) is their sister school.
FBfan4life Wrote:Hey IDIOT. No their mothers were not the cheerleaders. If you know anything about private schools that all boys or girls schools. They have what they call SISTER school vice versa a BROTHER school. is this case, I belive that Assumption ( I think ) is their sister school.

Hey, "Genius", I am fully aware of the private school setup. Have you ever heard of SHA? Traditionally Trinity and SHA were "paired" as were St. Xavier and Assumption. Those ties are not as much as it past years but it is still a bit of tradition and practice.

It is always nice for an "idiot" to have a chance to correct and educate a "genius". You are aware that SHA stands for "Sacred Heart Academy", aren't you?
[quote=RunItUpTheGut]You seem a little butt hurt even after a win.
You must have son that was recruited by T aand went their and now are part of that family forever.
Im not naive, or stupid. Its a simple ass fact that they have an advantage. No Whitley doesnt go to other places and recruit players like T. If that was the truth we wouldnt have went 3-8 in football last year and something like 5-20 in basketball.
People like you that push the fact harder and jump on a statement like that make it so much more obvious of what you are doing.

List Trinity's football roster and beside those 237 names, put a star beside how many of those kids live within 20 miles of the actual school, or how many of them even lived in lville before middle school or high school.

FYI, I see nothing wrong with the whole public/private thing. Its the recruiting that illegal, and before you ask if i have proof and that bullshit, no i dont, but i know it happens after talking with many, many people, and so do you.[/Q

I would conclude that Whitley County is either a sending school, an unsuccessful recruiting school, or both. How is it academically?
Truth Wrote:[quote=RunItUpTheGut]You seem a little butt hurt even after a win.

FYI, I see nothing wrong with the whole public/private thing. Its the recruiting that illegal, and before you ask if i have proof and that bullshit, no i dont, but i know it happens after talking with many, many people, and so do you.[/Q

I would conclude that Whitley County is either a sending school, an unsuccessful recruiting school, or both. How is it academically?

Its neither a sending school or recruiting school.
Players arent leaving to go to other schools to play sports anymore.
Also, we havent played a transfer in a very long time, id be hard pressed to figure out when the last time we had a transfer was that actually contributed to sports.
Academically i think you were wanting to make me look stupid. However, after last years test results, Whitley is now in the top 20 in the state in test scores, so you have no room to talk there.
You know its kind of like a good school system should be, academics first, no recruiting, and following the rules....
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:[quote=Truth]

Its neither a sending school or recruiting school.
Players arent leaving to go to other schools to play sports anymore.
Also, we havent played a transfer in a very long time, id be hard pressed to figure out when the last time we had a transfer was that actually contributed to sports.
Academically i think you were wanting to make me look stupid. However, after last years test results, Whitley is now in the top 20 in the state in test scores, so you have no room to talk there.
You know its kind of like a good school system should be, academics first, no recruiting, and following the rules....

Excellent. I tip my hat to the good people of Whitley County.
Truth Wrote:Hey, "Genius", I am fully aware of the private school setup. Have you ever heard of SHA? Traditionally Trinity and SHA were "paired" as were St. Xavier and Assumption. Those ties are not as much as it past years but it is still a bit of tradition and practice.

It is always nice for an "idiot" to have a chance to correct and educate a "genius". You are aware that SHA stands for "Sacred Heart Academy", aren't you?

Hey genius...so why would you say that they used their mothers as cheerleaders? Though some of the mom's are hot enough.
FBfan4life Wrote:Hey genius...so why would you say that they used their mothers as cheerleaders? Though some of the mom's are hot enough.

I assumed that everyone would know that that was a bit of sarcasm. Surely, you are the only one who didn't catch on. Maybe you aren't a genius after all.
Congratulations to Trinity for excelling. Others should attempt to follow Trinity's example
Who else is just sad high school basketball season is over?? I know I am...
vundy33 Wrote:Who else is just sad high school basketball season is over?? I know I am...

I am. Sad
^
lol im not, im from Whitley County.
Hurry August.