Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(Rumor)iPhone coming to App. Wireless?
I heard that App Wireless may be getting the iPhone shortly. Can anyone confirm this?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Its only been 3 years since i heard this.

Id switch Companies.
^I would. But App. Wireless has amazing service.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Spud6 Wrote:^I would. But App. Wireless has amazing service.

Verizon seems to get the same exact service.

PLus if your phone messes up your screwed. Even with insurance.
^We have discussed switching to Verizon. But never got enough courage to do so. lol
#BBFL
Spud6 Wrote:^We have discussed switching to Verizon. But never got enough courage to do so. lol

I must say I do like verizon. Great coverage and Decent plans. I dont know how they compare.

But if you live somewhere where AT&T picks up. Go with Red Pocket. Unlimited Talk ANd Text 40$ month. No Contract No Fees NO Credit Check.
Our rates at App Wireless are better than those at Verizon. We offer unlimited talk, text, and 5GB of data for $99.99, whereas at Verizon it would be roughly $120. That's just one example.

Also, if you get Verizon service and live in Eastern KY, we at App Wireless give you 3G data speeds. Verizon only has your typical 1XRTT data services, which is comparable to dial-up speeds on your cell phone.

As for the iPhone, we can't comment on that particular device.
BCF4L Wrote:Our rates at App Wireless are better than those at Verizon. We offer unlimited talk, text, and 5GB of data for $99.99, whereas at Verizon it would be roughly $120. That's just one example.

Also, if you get Verizon service and live in Eastern KY, we at App Wireless give you 3G data speeds. Verizon only has your typical 1XRTT data services, which is comparable to dial-up speeds on your cell phone.

But... by not saying anything, are you saying it's a possibility? Smile
#BBFL
BCF4L Wrote:Our rates at App Wireless are better than those at Verizon. We offer unlimited talk, text, and 5GB of data for $99.99, whereas at Verizon it would be roughly $120. That's just one example.

Your Data Speeds Suck. I get 3G setting in my Room. From the Tower From Louisa.

Your Rates are bogus. Your Customer service says one thing and then your charged for another. I have never had one issue with Verizon. They replaced a Phone for me once already. While i had a Motorola Hint for 3 weeks and it died. I had insurance and they still wanted 100$ to have it replaced. Screw that.
Spud6 Wrote:But... by not saying anything, are you saying it's a possibility? Smile

There saying we will never have it and where just going to keep telling people we "Might" get it.
Spud6 Wrote:But... by not saying anything, are you saying it's a possibility? Smile
No, it's not a possibility. Iphone said they are staying with ATT. Appalachian Wireless sucks, people might as well deal with it. I've had Appalachian wireless, and ATT. Att is head and shoulders above App/ Wireless. App/wireless lies about their rates. You have to do 1/2 of your calls inside your home area.
TheRealVille Wrote:No, it's not a possibility. Iphone said they are staying with ATT. Appalachian Wireless sucks, people might as well deal with it. I've had Appalachian wireless, and ATT. Att is head and shoulders above App/ Wireless.

Anyone that has ATT for any other reason than to get the Iphone with a 2 year contract should switch to something Like Red Pocket or H20.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Anyone that has ATT for any other reason than to get the Iphone with a 2 year contract should switch to something Like Red Pocket or H20.
I use an iPhone.
TheRealVille Wrote:I use an iPhone.

I dont know how much data you use but u can get unlimited talk and text for 40$ a month through red pocket. or Unlimited with 2gb of internet for 60$. No contracts or credit checks.

I don't care what you say you have!

I have watched toooooo many people get SCREWED by Ass Wireless! Watched my son get a brand new Black Berry (through my In-Laws plan) and within ONE WEEK the screen messed up. And they had insurance. Ass Wirless said he dropped it and my In-Laws had to pay out the ass for a new phone! Here is the kicker. I know good and Damn well he didn't drop it. Because I took it for a week as punishment and it sat in my room hid in a draw the entire time.

Expert Techs may ass! Expert CROOKS!!!!

Nothing you can say or do will change my mind either and I will steer as many as I can away from Ass Wireless!

I have Verizon and Love them!!!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Your Data Speeds Suck. I get 3G setting in my Room. From the Tower From Louisa.

Your Rates are bogus. Your Customer service says one thing and then your charged for another. I have never had one issue with Verizon. They replaced a Phone for me once already. While i had a Motorola Hint for 3 weeks and it died. I had insurance and they still wanted 100$ to have it replaced. Screw that.
Just like any insurance policy, you're always going to have a deductible. If someone told you it would cost $100 to replace a Hint, then they lied. Deductibles are determined by the total cost of the phone. That phone costs no more than $200, therefore the deductible should have cost no more than $50.

And our 3G data speeds top 2.5MB. I run speed tests on mine all the time. But I will say that we recently replaced our old 3G equipment with higher tech equipment within the past month and also added 3G to towers that didn't have it before. This new equipment is head and shoulders above the old stuff.

To get on the new 3G equipment, simply dial *228 from your phone. Do not press anything when it prompts you to program your phone. Just let it sit there and do it's thing. The process takes between 3-4 minutes and will prompt you when the update has been completed.
everything that 'Hook said
Yeah, have to agree with most others..just hate App Wireless because of a very bad experience with them. ATT is much better, even though it's not even close to Verizon. Only reason I'm with ATT is because of the iPhone, and I'll stay that way unless something changes.
vundy33 Wrote:Yeah, have to agree with most others..just hate App Wireless because of a very bad experience with them. ATT is much better, even though it's not even close to Verizon. Only reason I'm with ATT is because of the iPhone, and I'll stay that way unless something changes.

Come to the dark side my friend. Verizon has the Iphone now. Smile

You need to let me Jail Break it for you and hook you up with red pocket unlimited for 40$ a month.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Come to the dark side my friend. Verizon has the Iphone now. Smile

You need to let me Jail Break it for you and hook you up with red pocket unlimited for 40$ a month.

Once we start work I will for sure. THe only thing keeping me from a Verizon iPhone is the lack of Verizon stores in East KY, specifically Pike County..and the fact that ATT now has much, much better service in the area and at my house, even better than App Wireless in many places. You know of any Verizon stores??

And we need a damn Apple store around here, instead of having to drive to Lexington or further!
vundy33 Wrote:Once we start work I will for sure. THe only thing keeping me from a Verizon iPhone is the lack of Verizon stores in East KY, specifically Pike County..and the fact that ATT now has much, much better service in the area and at my house, even better than App Wireless in many places. You know of any Verizon stores??

And we need a damn Apple store around here, instead of having to drive to Lexington or further!

There is a Verizon Store in Williamson. And You get 3g There. Im pretty sure i had 3g in pikevile the other day at the DRug Testing place we had to go to.
BCF4L Wrote:Just like any insurance policy, you're always going to have a deductible. If someone told you it would cost $100 to replace a Hint, then they lied. Deductibles are determined by the total cost of the phone. That phone costs no more than $200, therefore the deductible should have cost no more than $50.

And our 3G data speeds top 2.5MB. I run speed tests on mine all the time. But I will say that we recently replaced our old 3G equipment with higher tech equipment within the past month and also added 3G to towers that didn't have it before. This new equipment is head and shoulders above the old stuff.

To get on the new 3G equipment, simply dial *228 from your phone. Do not press anything when it prompts you to program your phone. Just let it sit there and do it's thing. The process takes between 3-4 minutes and will prompt you when the update has been completed.

I pay 7$ a month for a piece of crap phone that i had to pay 100$ to replace. That took 3 weeks. While i used some little green thing that my thumb could type 3 buttons.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:There is a Verizon Store in Williamson. And You get 3g There. Im pretty sure i had 3g in pikevile the other day at the DRug Testing place we had to go to.

Awesome. Gracias for the info.

In other unrelated news, when you went there, was that mean ass nurse working there?? I tried to small-talk her up a bit because she looked so uptight, but Baby Jesus was she a bitch, lol. I got out of there as quick as possible, hahaha.
Why is it the only people I ever see defending app wireless are the workers?

I had nothing but problems with them.
I have to disagree with most of you all! I have unlimited text, talk, and have internet and I pay 100 dollars. Also where i live i can get 3 bars and 3G while one of my buddies has ATT and get no service. Then my other buddy has Verison and he struggles to keep his one bar.

i have not had no problems with them fixing my phone or upgrading to new ones

Imo you can not beat the service in EKY with APP wireless
baseballfan Wrote:I have to disagree with most of you all! I have unlimited text, talk, and have internet and I pay 100 dollars. Also where i live i can get 3 bars and 3G while one of my buddies has ATT and get no service. Then my other buddy has Verison and he struggles to keep his one bar.

i have not had no problems with them fixing my phone or upgrading to new ones

Imo you can not beat the service in EKY with APP wireless

ATT does run off different towers. And will not get real good service in APP Areas. But Verizon uses the APP towers. Gets the Same Service, Slower Data of course, But the customer service is much better, Better Phones.

But im glad you have had A Good history with them. I would much rather buy from a local company than Verizon. But my history with them is crap.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:ATT does run off different towers. And will not get real good service in APP Areas. But Verizon uses the APP towers. Gets the Same Service, Slower Data of course, But the customer service is much better, Better Phones.

But im glad you have had A Good history with them. I would much rather buy from a local company than Verizon. But my history with them is crap.

Yeah, this is pretty much my problem with them summed up.
The Iphone drops on App Wireless on 4/20