Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mr. Basketball finalists include Manning, Day, Wing
The five finalists for Mr. Basketball were announced Friday afternoon at the Sweet Sixteen:

* Matt Day of Buckhorn (undecided)
* Nathan Dieudonne of Trinity (commited to Boston University)
* Tamron Manning of Scott County (commited to Marshall)
* Mekale McKay of Moore (commited to Arkansas football and basketball)
* Adam Wing of Rowan County (commited to Evansville)

Dieudonne, McKay and Day received their finalists plaques in Rupp Arena during halftime of Friday’s Rowan County-Southwestern game. Wing was in the locker room with his team, and Manning was not there. His Scott County team plays in the quarterfinals Friday night.

Those five were selected in vote by the state’s coaches. Sports media and former Mr. and Basketball winners will vote in the coming weeks for the winner, who will be announced at a banquet in Louisville on April 28.

http://fieldsnotes.bloginky.com/
[Image: http://fieldsnotes.bloginky.com/files/20...mrbkb1.jpg]
Three of the Mr. Basketball finalists, left to right, Nathan Dieudonne, MeKale McKay and Matt Day, shown in Rupp Arena on Friday afternoon.
Love to see a boy from the Mts win it in Day but I'd say it is down to Manning or Dieudonne.

Congrats to all these young men.
Even if Matt does not win the award this is a great accomplishment for him and Buckhorn. Congrats and good luck!
Awesome job Matt Day. Who was the last 14th region Mr. Basketball Candidate?
warmachine Wrote:Awesome job Matt Day. Who was the last 14th region Mr. Basketball Candidate?

I dont know who was the last.....but Im sure its safe to say Justice will be the next one if he stays in the 14th!!!!
Glad to see Matt getting this kind of recognition!! Congrats and good luck Matt!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Gee, better tell Jaysean's family he isn't going to be getting POY awards.
What positions do these players play on their respective teams?
Congrats to those 5 guys!
All three of those boys are 6'6 to 6'7. We have a ton of good 6'0 guards in the 14th region and they werent even candidates.
Dieudonne is my pick
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Nice group, wish them all well.
With the performace of Dieudonne in the Sweet 16, I don't see how he couldn't win it. He is my pick to win Mr. Basketball.
Nathan Dieudonne hands down. it was close before the tournament, but after his performance this week, it's not even close.
^ Agreed, he was by far the most exciting player to watch at the tournament.
This field of Mr. Basketball candidates is probably the weakest we have had in a while. I think Dieudonne is the best player in this class, though. He really showed out at Rupp this past week. Manning had a good championship game, but wasn't the same player for the duration of the tournament.
toussaints Wrote:Nathan Dieudonne hands down. it was close before the tournament, but after his performance this week, it's not even close.

I agree.
Dieudonne for sure.
I think this goes to Manning.
old man Wrote:I dont know who was the last.....but Im sure its safe to say Justice will be the next one if he stays in the 14th!!!!

Who is that?
I've never heard of him.