Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best 14th Region Game This year?
I think that Leslie And Jackson City had the best game in the 14th region tourny and Leslie Just got out hustled in the end...Hazard and JBS had a good game to going into double overtime...I just feel sorry for the boys of leslie county who fought hard all season but seemed to come up just a little short when it mattered the most....Leslie Did however win the WYMT Classic which was hosted at knott central and I would have loved to seen them walk out of there regional champions but as the old saying goes..."you cant win em all"
Good Luck In 2007 Eagles....
Leslie did have a good season and they seem great kids.  Best of luck in the future to your seniors.
Hazard vs JBS was the best 14th Region game.......Double Overtime :thumpsup:
I thought both semi-final games were awesome.  I'm partial to the Tigers so I have to say the Jackson/Leslie game was my favorite.  I thought it was awesome the way Howard came out of the locker room with a slight limp after his injury and checked back into the game in overtime as the crowed went bananas!  He hit the 3 pointer to cut Leslie's lead down to 1 point.  After a Jackson steal, the timeout with around 12 ticks left as Jackson set up the winning play. Davidson drove baseline as Leslie collapsed on him and Leslie also had a close eye on Howard who had the hot hand all night, but it was the unexpected Thompson who got the dish for the bank shot to put the Tigers up by 1 with 4.5 left.  After a timeout Leslie went the length of the floor and was able to get off a running three pointer but it was just off the mark as the Tigers and their fans went crazy.  What a good clean, hard fought game by both teams. 

Just a bit of insight:  Since Howard, Fugate, Thompson and Combs were in the 8th grade, Watkins, and CK Howard were in the 7th, Davidson was in the 6th,  they had beaten everyone in the 14th region at some point and time except Cordia and Leslie.  They beat just about all of them in 8th grade, beat several as a freshman team, JV, and then varsity.  These boys just could not get over the hump with Cordia and Leslie County even in the dozens of summer games that they played over the years.  They always came up just a few points short, and I do mean a few points several times.  These kids must have known what they were doing by saving their best games for last as they knocked off Cordia in the first round and then Leslie in the semi-finals,  way to keep us waiting boys, we are all so proud of you!  :clap:
HAZARD VS. JBS!!! GO DAWGS!!! LUV U ALL!!!! CLASS OF 09!!!  :clap:      :1:    THATS RIGHT!!!
if your talking about the regular season it would have to be lee vs. powell game 2. it went into ot with lee winning at powell. it was a heart breaker. so was powell vs. pcc. powell with a 20+ point lead to lose by 2 in a amazing rally by pcc.
I can think of 3. I think Letcher Central/Jenkins @ LCC. Leslie County/Jackson City 14th REGION TOURNEY. And Hazard/JBS 14th Region Tourney!
Hazard and JBS in the Regional tourny. Double overtime
A great year for the 14th Region from top to bottom though!
Leslie vs Jackson City. As good as it gets.:Thumbs: