Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you consider a successful season for UK?
Matt Jones, a lot of media, KSR bloggers, etc. are spreading the message that we as UK fans should not worry about the finish of this team. They say we should just chill and enjoy the ride. That win or lose it has been a successful season and we should take pride in that. Well....I say that is the biggest bunch of BS that could be served up to the Kentucky fan. Let me say this I love Cal. I love everything about the guy except for his take on how its more important for him to have draft picks than championships, or how the conference tourney doesn't matter. He has my full support and I believe he'll win multiple titles that being said here is my take Big Blue Nation. We have a once and a lifetime team, with once and a lifetime players. We are the pick of the media and Vegas. When Duke, UNC, or Kansas have the best team all season and lose the tourney UK fans call it like it is a choke job. It should be the same for us if we dont get it done. I think this is Cal's best team since UMASS 96. Anything but a Final Four is a choke. But in my heart I feel this team should win a national championship. I wont be daisies and sunshine if we don't. At UK championships are the measuring stick....they are how coaches and teams are judged.....I hope Cal gets that. If they don't win it I wont be calling for his head, I'm just saying there isn't a moment we have had in any of his 3 seasons that I would say fills the need for a championship. We can dress it up however we want but UK Basketball is like the Yankees, Bama Football, etc. Its about winning the whole thing and being the best. I know you cant win them all BBN but you have to win when them when you are supposed to. I say if we don't win it this year it was the biggest tease in the history of UK Basketball and there wont be anything that will make me look on the bright side and call it a success. This is a must win year for me.....what do you think?
32-2, regular season SEC Champions, 16-0 in league play, I say that's a successful season, plus being the #1 seed in the NCAA Tournament, plus being the overall favorite to win the National Championship, pretty successful...
I will be content with an Elite 8, happy with a Final 4, overjoyed with a National Championship appearance, and a mixture of tears, shouting and ecstasy if they cut down the nets!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I measure success by the ability to achieve one's goals. The goal of this team as with every UK team is to win a NC, so I would judge this being a successful season on whether or not we win it all. If we don't then I'm not going to call for Cal's job or refuse to acknowledge the great season we have had, but this is Kentucky. Success here is measured with banners. I'm proud of everything this team has accomplished, but our goal is a NC. If we don't achieved that then we have failed our main objective. If we were to lose in the tournament at any point I would still be proud and call this a great season, but not a successful one.
1 team each year accomplishes the goal they all set out for at the start of the season, especially a team of this caliber. After all the hype and talk from UK fans all season, anything short of a NC isnt successful.
You are not a serious UK fan unless anything but a national championship is a dissapointment to you.
We could have went 39-1 and lose the NC and i would have been dissapointed.
Just another year without a banner if we dont win.