Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daunte Culpepper Traded To The Miami Dolphins
After missing out on Drew Brees, the Dolphins make the trade for Daunte Culpepper.  If Culpepper can get and stay healthy, Miami is a solid pick for the AFC East title and a possible Super Bowl run.  Nick Saban has done a marvelous job at Miami so far.
Nice pick up by the dolphins
Miami just got really good.
Daunte will help the dolphins tremendously on the offensive side of the ball and they already have a solid runner in Ronnie Brown
i think that miami will definatly be going to the super bowl this year with this huge pick up  :thumpsup:
Who'd the Vikings get for Caulpepper?  Might be the stupidest move in Minnesota history
Round 2 draft pick.
[quote author=corndog23 link=topic=20886.msg211701#msg211701 date=1142399697]
Round 2 draft pick.
[/quote]

Are you serious?  He's old, but he's probly the best quarterback in Minnesota history, he was always something you could expect to be solid in Minnesota
Maybe the 3rd best in Minnesota history behind Fran Tarkanen (sp) and Randall Cunningham.

He wasn't happy in Minnesota anymore, and the administration wasn't happy with him.  It was the best move in the long run for him and the team.  I'm an actual Minnesota fan and with the dismemberment as of late I'm very upset.

First they send off Randy and draft Troy Williamson.  Then they fire Mike Tice above he went 9-7 even with all the distraction going on around the team.  Now they send out Daunte.  Brad will be able to fill in just fine, but he's getting up there in years and he'll need to be replaced soon.
[quote author=BFritz link=topic=20886.msg211724#msg211724 date=1142402165]
[quote author=corndog23 link=topic=20886.msg211701#msg211701 date=1142399697]
Round 2 draft pick.
[/quote]

Are you serious? He's old, but he's probly the best quarterback in Minnesota history, he was always something you could expect to be solid in Minnesota
[/quote]

Daunte is only 29 years old and has been in the NFL since 1999. He has a cannon for a arm and if Miami can get some WR they will be awesome!! Dan Marino will be smiling this year.
Not sure how I think about this.
well glad to see the Raiders were on the ball here... 
finally
good luck Daunte
I'm glad to see the Dolphins land Culpepper.  I think he's a great fit for Miami.  As far as Culpepper being old, I think he stated it best in a recent interview saying it's halftime of his career, and he has another half left.  I do believe if he can stay healthy, he will help the Dolphins tremendously....
dolphins will make playoffs this season
Blackcat2007 Wrote:dolphins will make playoffs this season

That might be stretching it a bit
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
BFritz Wrote:That might be stretching it a bit

Actually it's not a stretch at all. The Dolphins finished 9-7 last season winning their last 6 in a row. The Patriots finished 10-6 during the regular season and won the division.

Through the off-season, Miami has seemed to be moving towards the direction of improving their team while the Patriots have done nothing but release players thus far. At this point, the Dolphins seem to be the favorite to take the AFC East.
Welcome to BlueGrassRivals

If you ever have any questions, problems, or comments, contact me at [email=tomcat6868@gmail.com]tomcat6868@gmail.com[/email] or via PM by clicking here [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/finalnewbanner3.png]
Tomcat68 Wrote:Actually it's not a stretch at all. The Dolphins finished 9-7 last season winning their last 6 in a row. The Patriots finished 10-6 during the regular season and won the division.

Through the off-season, Miami has seemed to be moving towards the direction of improving their team while the Patriots have done nothing but release players thus far. At this point, the Dolphins seem to be the favorite to take the AFC East.

Didn't look at it that way, I agree though
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
Blackcat2007 Wrote:dolphins will make playoffs this season

I think they'll win the AFC East, The Patriots have helped themselves very little, Dillon looked old last year as well....
Nice pickup for Miami.
FreakNasty Wrote:I think they'll win the AFC East, The Patriots have helped themselves very little, Dillon looked old last year as well....

Yeah but the Patriots are the Patriots, they find ways to win
Very few teams goes through what the Patriots have. Teams don't let that many players go unless they have a plan.I think they will be ok in a couple of years and life in AFC East will be back to normal for the Fins with Daunte at the helm! The Dolphins will make the playoffs this year and more than likely win at least 12 games doing it. :thumpsup:
I dont think that the dolphins will win the AFC east but i think they will be the afc wild card
BFritz Wrote:Yeah but the Patriots are the Patriots, they find ways to win

They now remind me of the late 90's Cowboys, a team can only be great for so long. Should be interesting to see how they play this year....
I hope they start to suck like the cowboys did. I hate the Pats. I see the Dolphins winning that division next year.