Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley 14 - Buckhorn 0
Final from the Horn
I'm guessing The Horn's baseball team isn't as successful as its basketball?

and that's a serious question, I've not heard anything about them.
Hillbilly Heartthrob Wrote:I'm guessing The Horn's baseball team isn't as successful as its basketball?

and that's a serious question, I've not heard anything about them.

No they looked to be pretty young and killed themselves a lot I think they had something like 10 errors and 4 or 5 wild pitches that ended up with some one stealing home. SV did very well and kind of surprised me considering they had not practiced on a field yet. I think Buckhorn was hit less facing 3 SV pitchers. Overall pretty good game by SV. I think they are headed in the right direction they have alot of talented 7th, 8th and 9th graders. Although Buckhorn has a way to go to be competitive.
Thanks!, seeing that SV score on a baseball thread kind of jumped out at me! lol
I would say that Buckhorn also had afew missing due to basketball.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
^Ball is over for them....why would they be missing.
^Their season just ended the other day. Most teams give players a few days off before reporting. It also takes a while to get in baesball shape. So I doubt that they had everyone.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
I guess.

I always went from sport to sport.

but every place is different.
^Some kids do.

But, Those boys have been going since mid October without hardly any break. So a day or two off is something well deserved.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
Valley played a good game last night. Buckhorn had a very lineup on the field starting 4 middle schoolers and 3 freshmen. This does have a long way to go but they have already improved since day 1. Congrats to Valley with opening the season with a win and good luck to both teams this season!
im sorry but as soon as our basketball boys lost in regions they were out on the field the next day even if the kids didnt play good at all they still didnt have a break. to be good you have to be dedicated and if your not out asap then youll never be good
Shelby valley good game!