Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 65 Phelps 54
Good effort from Phelps, Congrats Eagles.
Well, guess I was wrong on the spread. Congrats JC.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Not the outcome I was hoping for but, you gotta give credit to Johnson Central. Congrats to Phelps on a good season and congrats to the Golden Eagles on a great win!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
OffTheHook Wrote:Well, guess I was wrong on the spread. Congrats JC.

What'd you call ? Cause I had money on Phelps within 10.5 ... Screw my life, LOL
Congrats JC!
Congrats Golden Eagles.
Belfry0304 Wrote:What'd you call ? Cause I had money on Phelps within 10.5 ... Screw my life, LOL

I said JC by 20. Looks like we both were wrong...lol.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Turnovers really killed Phelps.

Congrats JC!
Congrats JC. Heard a bit of it on the radio, sounded like Phelps had plenty of chances in this one.
LCDawg Wrote:Congrats JC. Heard a bit of it on the radio, sounded like Phelps had plenty of chances in this one.
That they did. Lots of wide open shots that they just did not make. Another poster said turnovers killed them (it hurt), but the lack of another threat besides Miller and conditioning/lack of bench is what really ended their chances. Hated it, they put up a good fight, and JC definitely was feeling the heat some, they expcted an easier game, I believe. I don't say this often, but congrats to the Hornets on a tough game.
Free throws killed Phelps in this one
Free throws & turnovers killed Phelps. They had several chances in this game. To many unforced turnovers & missed free throws decided this one. JC had some unforced turnovers also, but not to the extent of Phelps. First time i seen JC in person this year & was not impressed at all. IMO Phelps helped JC win this more than JC did. Congrats on your season & District Championship Hornets.
^ I think the radio said 8 to 9 turnovers in the first quarter maybe for Phelps.
30 turnovers for the game, 9 in the first quarter.

We were thrown off with Hatfield being sick and not starting out, Stiltner in foul trouble the entire night and nerves in the first. They outscored us 9 in the first quarter and just 2 over the next 3.

I'm proud of our boys for fighting through, never giving up and winning our school its 4th district title in school history.

Congrats to JC.
All I can say is...TOO MANY TURNOVERS and MISSED OPPERTUNITIES! We missed so many foul shots, but we showed great effort. Congrats Eagles, u played some ball.
Congrats to Coach Mckenzie and Knott