Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ex-Cowboys D-lineman sues NFL over concussions
HOUSTON -- A former Dallas Cowboys defensive lineman has sued the NFL, alleging concussions have affected his short-term memory and caused migraine headaches and other health problems.

Michael Myers' lawsuit was filed Friday in U.S. District Court in Houston. It accuses the NFL of negligence, fraud and conspiracy in its handling of head injuries.

The Cowboys drafted Myers was drafted by the Cowboys in 1998 and played six seasons for Dallas before finishing a 10-year career with the Cleveland Browns, Denver Broncos and Cincinnati Bengals.

An NFL spokesman said Tuesday the league hadn't seen Myers' suit, but added that any allegation it intentionally sought to mislead players has "no merit."

The complaint is the latest in a series of suits by former NFL players alleging they've been impaired by concussions.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/17494...oncussions
Concussions are a big deal and should not be taken lightly.....however, I would like to know how many times he received one and didn't want to be taken out of the game or evaluated.
While concussions are serious....I think all this is crazy. These are grown men who are basically saying they should have had babysitters. I think its irrelevant if the NFL knew or didnt know. As judgementday said, I wonder how many times he never reported a concussion? Probably very few, if any times. Not knowing playing football and crashing into each other is gonna cause lasting effects, is like me slamming my head into the wall over and over and not expecting any ill effects.
I wonder how many times he was sent back into the game being told he just got his bell rung? The nfl did not take concussions seriously till a couple of years ago. now they will pay the price.
Yeah, the NFL is just now realizing that they're going to have to have plans in place to cover their ass in this type of situation! Since they didn't do anything until now, I would say that a pretty hefty check will have to be written to all of the players that have filed lawsuits.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
concussions are part of the risk you take. these players need to quit being pu$$y about it and just play the game. They are turning the sport into a sissy sport. Before you know it Tennis will be a manlier sport then football. Player safety? They get paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to entertain. I want to see hard hits, blood, and real physical tough man games being played.
I have a TBI worse than any football player could receive, and I didn't get shit for it, lol. They get paid enough for their injuries with the big money they make...
But everyone wants to bitch that the NFL won't let players play!!!! Hell no the NFL won't let the players play, hurt themselves, and then SUE THE LEAGUE! If players are going to do this, then put them in encased pillows!