• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buckhorn wins 54th district
Buckhorn over Hazard in the 54th district
T1up Wrote:Buckhorn over Hazard in the 54th district
Score?
alleycat53 Wrote:Score?

Yep. That would be nice.
Horn won 53-46.
Congrats to a great coach and a great group of young. Way to proove them ALL wrong. Good luck in the region
Congrats, how long since Buckhorn has won the district?
Congrats to Buckhorn !! Few shots fall for Hazard and make a few free throws and maybe a different outcome !! Go Dawgs in Regional !!!
Congratulations to Buckhorn! Hazard made runs to cut the game to 6 and even 4 with a couple minutes left in the game but Buckhorn always had an answer which was usually Matt Day who finished with 32 points.
.Here is tonight's linescore:
Buckhorn 53
Hazard 46
Buckhorn 13 8 16 16 53
Hazard 2 14 16 14 46

54th District at Leslie Co.
Buckhorn (25-5) -- Blank 1, Easterling 6, Couch 9, Tr. Gay 3, Ta. Gay 2, Day 32.
Hazard (20-11) -- Hollan 13, Triplett 1, Whitaker 10, Thompson 8, Arnett 2, Combs 8, Mobelini 4.

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2009/12/02/1040329
Congrats horn and big John Noble.
Cant wait to see the KCC match up.
Congrats to Buckhorn.
So Buckhorn plays a runner-up in the regional tournament.

Choices: Estill County, Wolfe County, or Letcher Central.

Wolfe County would be their best draw, Letcher Central their worst.
Day continues to prove why most believe he is the best player in the 14th. I hope he makes the Ky. all-star team.
Congratulations Wildcats on a big win. Kudos to Coach Noble Sounds like Matt Day had a great game. Best of luck in the 14th Region. Peace be among us. Brother Cecil.
Congrats Buckhorn. Best of luck to both teams in the region.
hillmonster Wrote:Congrats, how long since Buckhorn has won the district?

I think it was either 1988 or 1989, that was when Coach Amis led Buckhorn to back to back regional titles.
I don't think they won the district either year. I know that M.C. Napier beat them in 1989 on two Michael Campbell free throws. I think Hazard beat them in the 1988 finals. Sure about '89, but not positive on '88.