John Cena Vs The Rock

Hell In a Cell Match
HHH Vs The UnderTaker

WWE Title Match
Chris Jericho Vs CM Punk ©

WHT Match
Sheamus Vs Daniel Bryan ©

MITB Match

thats the matchs they have posted so far. Im about 90% sure they will have a money in the bank match because they have a money in the bank thing at Axxess this year and there aint a money in the bank PPV this year. what's your all's thought on the Card So far?
I think this is the best Card WWE Has had for a Wrestlemania so Far. if they keep it up it has a chance to be in the Talks about being the Greatest Wrestlemania of all time with WrestleMania 17 and 19. I already like the Rock vs Cena build up. i like what they are doing with underTaker Vs HHH build up so far. beats last years build up already. Jericho and Punk will do a awesome Job building it up and u know they will put on a killer match! Bryan Vs Sheamus is going to need some work because that match last year didnt even make Wrestlemania. and the match ended up turning into a 27 over the top rope match won by the Great Khali. I like what they are doing with this year's mania and i hope they keep it up!
The card is shaping up really nice.

Cena/Rocky is going to be epic.

Triple H/Undertaker, I wasn't very thrilled to see it again...but Hell in a Cell tho makes it instantly good.

CM Punk/Jericho, I've actually hated the build to this so far...but I know they'll have a awesome match and that is what matters.

Sheamus/Daniel Bryan, they have some work to do.
I just hope Taker can survive the Cell match. He doesn't look good at all, he looks really out of shape.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
HHH will beat the hell outta Taker but Taker will still find a way to win because WWE wants him to go 20-0 at Mania
HHH/'Taker will be an amazing match. The two best at Hell in a Cell at the grandest stage of them all.
Strikeout King Wrote:HHH will beat the hell outta Taker but Taker will still find a way to win because WWE wants him to go 20-0 at Mania

Yeah, I agree. HHH will have to satisfy his ego by destroying Taker, but he won't win.
^Fully agree with this. HHH has an ego to carry. They may even go as far as to have someone interfere to give Taker the win.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
If Taker loses I'll never watch WWE again....

Let it get to 20-0 and then retire...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LWC Wrote:^Fully agree with this. HHH has an ego to carry. They may even go as far as to have someone interfere to give Taker the win.

Shawn Michaels....
I dont think Taker will lose and him 1 win away from 20-0. but the way they act is that the streak will end one of this days and thats the last of taker. they act like when taker loses he will be gone. I think they will put on a killer match, I dont think they can top HBK Vs UnderTaker at WrestleMania 25 tho
Just glad Cena doesnt have a title to lose because everyone knows he never loses a title match at WrestleMania.

Hes way over hyped.
Strikeout King Wrote:Shawn Michaels....

Shawn will play a role. He'll have to provide some spark to make up for these guys age. They'll put on a good show, but what it lacks from them being older will be made up for by an exciting finish.
J-Rod Wrote:The card is shaping up really nice.

Cena/Rocky is going to be epic.

Triple H/Undertaker, I wasn't very thrilled to see it again...but Hell in a Cell tho makes it instantly good.

CM Punk/Jericho, I've actually hated the build to this so far...but I know they'll have a awesome match and that is what matters.

Sheamus/Daniel Bryan, they have some work to do.

I'm going the opposite side of the spectrum J. For Cena/Rock, this has been a year build-up. This has been billed is the "Biggest Match in History". Really? Does anyone seriously think this is the biggest match in the history of wrestling? Any possible way to think this is bigger than Hogan/Andre? Anyone really think this is bigger than Bret/HBK or Bret/Stone Cold? Anyone even think this is bigger than Stone Cold/Vince! For me, there is no possible way the match can live up to the expectations. We have a Movie star who has been in the ring one time in one year, and that one time he was in, it was nothing special! Do they really let Rock win? Does any wrestling fan really want to see that? Do you want to see a guy who no longer wrestles come in, win and then leave for a year again? What does that do to your product. Ahh, real wrestlers who wrestle every day can't beat part timers, how weak does that make your product? This should be a passing of the torch. Every star has done this in the past. Cena was never given that. Cena never had the passing of the torch such as what we got when Hogan passed it on to Rock. Is Rock returning the favor that Hogan did for him???? Let's turn Cena Heal just because people want him to turn! They forget that Cena is the greatest ambassador for children in Make-a-wish in the history of the organization. Let's turn him heel and have him taken away from all the great things he does away from the wrestling ring, that makes idiotic sense.

Taker/HHH in a Hell in the Cell sounds special. But can we really expect anything too extreme out of these guys. HIC has produced some of the greatest matches in history. It has darn near killed wrestlers. So, anyone really believe that Taker can take bumps in HIC that will make you say wow? This is another year long build-up that can't possibly match the hype. Since last summer, we all have known that the plan was to match these two guys up again - Blah! Sure, they beat they hell out of each other, but Taker is retiring at 20-0! So no matter what, there is nothing that makes a match believable when you already know the outcome!

Punk/Y2J could have been great, but they have made Jericho look like, well, an ASSCLOWN! This was supposed to be booked as the two "greatest wrestlers in the world". Well, they ruined that with jobbing Y2J in his very first appearance. Then they knock him out with a shot from mid-carder Kofi. This has hit "crap" status very quickly! No matter how they change the direction of the booking, they have already ruined what could have been!

Bryan should have been booked as the underdog coming into WM, not the weasel heel! One of two logical things happen, which makes this too predictable, thus boring! Shamus wins clean, or Bryan finds a way to cheat to win. That's it. No storyline = no interest!

MITB is always good, but this years winner is EASY! They took the US belt for Dolph for one reason and one reason only! He will be World Champion in 2012! I look forward to watching guys kill each other to get the the predetermined winner.
Ballers Wrote:Just glad Cena doesnt have a title to lose because everyone knows he never loses a title match at WrestleMania.

Hes way over hyped.

Umm, last year against Miz he did!!!!!!!!!! Cena has jobbed as many WM's as he has won!
Stardust Wrote:I'm going the opposite side of the spectrum J. For Cena/Rock, this has been a year build-up. This has been billed is the "Biggest Match in History". Really? Does anyone seriously think this is the biggest match in the history of wrestling? Any possible way to think this is bigger than Hogan/Andre? Anyone really think this is bigger than Bret/HBK or Bret/Stone Cold? Anyone even think this is bigger than Stone Cold/Vince! For me, there is no possible way the match can live up to the expectations. We have a Movie star who has been in the ring one time in one year, and that one time he was in, it was nothing special! Do they really let Rock win? Does any wrestling fan really want to see that? Do you want to see a guy who no longer wrestles come in, win and then leave for a year again? What does that do to your product. Ahh, real wrestlers who wrestle every day can't beat part timers, how weak does that make your product? This should be a passing of the torch. Every star has done this in the past. Cena was never given that. Cena never had the passing of the torch such as what we got when Hogan passed it on to Rock. Is Rock returning the favor that Hogan did for him???? Let's turn Cena Heal just because people want him to turn! They forget that Cena is the greatest ambassador for children in Make-a-wish in the history of the organization. Let's turn him heel and have him taken away from all the great things he does away from the wrestling ring, that makes idiotic sense.

Taker/HHH in a Hell in the Cell sounds special. But can we really expect anything too extreme out of these guys. HIC has produced some of the greatest matches in history. It has darn near killed wrestlers. So, anyone really believe that Taker can take bumps in HIC that will make you say wow? This is another year long build-up that can't possibly match the hype. Since last summer, we all have known that the plan was to match these two guys up again - Blah! Sure, they beat they hell out of each other, but Taker is retiring at 20-0! So no matter what, there is nothing that makes a match believable when you already know the outcome!

Punk/Y2J could have been great, but they have made Jericho look like, well, an ASSCLOWN! This was supposed to be booked as the two "greatest wrestlers in the world". Well, they ruined that with jobbing Y2J in his very first appearance. Then they knock him out with a shot from mid-carder Kofi. This has hit "crap" status very quickly! No matter how they change the direction of the booking, they have already ruined what could have been!

Bryan should have been booked as the underdog coming into WM, not the weasel heel! One of two logical things happen, which makes this too predictable, thus boring! Shamus wins clean, or Bryan finds a way to cheat to win. That's it. No storyline = no interest!

MITB is always good, but this years winner is EASY! They took the US belt for Dolph for one reason and one reason only! He will be World Champion in 2012! I look forward to watching guys kill each other to get the the predetermined winner.

I don't think there will ever be another match as big as Andre vs Hogan
From what I've heard, Rocky is suppose to be making more appearances over the year and even next.

It's possible they could do a trilogy.

If that is the case, I fully expect they'll have John Cena win.
J-Rod Wrote:From what I've heard, Rocky is suppose to be making more appearances over the year and even next.

It's possible they could do a trilogy.

If that is the case, I fully expect they'll have John Cena win.

I'm not a Rock fan and have no interest in the match.
^ I have no interest in guys jobbing to part-time wrestlers, I certainly think it would be a travesty to see Cena lay down for the three-count to Rock and then see Rock disappear for a year! Seeing Rock on TV four times per year does not justify him going over the biggest cash cow this industry has ever known. It was announced in last weeks WWE Shareholder meeting that Cena has now grossed over $100M in merchandise, making him the all-time leader in professional wrestling history.

So many people hate Cena, yet would anyone who has any business acumen not make him your star attraction when he is what brings in your companies revenue. That would be as stupid as McDonalds taking their French Fries off the menu! It's about money$$$$$$$$$
^I wonder what the adjusted numbers are? Also, Cena was the ONLY draw during his time. Who else would you buy merchandise from? Umaga? The Great Khali? The terrible-ness of Cena's era is epitomized by the fact that it made EDGE a clear-cut Hall of Famer! In any other era would EDGE be a Hall-of-Famer? NO!

Hogan's 9-year Hulkamania run was at the same time as Andre, Macho Man, Roddy Piper, Ted Debiase, Ultimate Warrior, etc...

I do not want to take a lot away from Cena. He has my ultimate respect in that he is SOOOO under-appreciated, however, Hogan was bigger.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LWC, I am going to respectfully call your post out!

You can only say that based on what you know about history. When this era is over, buys like Orton, Miz, Punk will rank much higher than what we are giving them credit for. As for Cena, his run has also been overlapped with HHH, Undertaker, HBK, Jericho, Angle, Brock and for short periods of appearances, Foley and Austin. So, you cannot discredit Cena's run because it has been dead. Wrestling died due to no competition, not because the talent went away! Cena was pushing all-time annual numbers based on Net four years ago, not just recently when a lot of guys went off of television. This is not a flash in the pan, nor only happened because there is no one else to buy products.

Cena is crushing net revenue numbers for merchandise right now. You can say that Hogan did it during peak periods, but Hogan did his numbers wrestling mid-carders like Earthquake and King Kong Bundy when the well was dry for periods also. But this is the biggest factors in favor for Cena's run being more impressive. Hogan had the Hulkamania years or the Hollywood years when the fans were 100% behind his charecter. Look at the numbers that Cena is pulling in when half the crowd is chanting "We hate you"! Those fans are not buying his product. For Hogan, a 100% of the fans bought his merch because he was cool as a good guy or a bad guy. He was never truly hated. Finally, Hulk did his numbers when Wrestling was at it's peak. You can use a wider arrange of talent roster to chip away at Hulk's numbers, but Hulk was also doing it when Wrestling was pulling in 6's and 7's in TV ratings, thus a much bigger audience paying attention to, and buying the product! Cena is doing it with an audience half the size!

We agree, Cena is way under appreciated. If I am starting my company, Cena is my top guy. Cena brings in more money annually than Punk, Show and Orton combined! Pretty simple economics!
This will be a great ppv and its a great card so far, I cant wait for it i will deff be watching
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Big Show vs Cody Rhodes for the IC title was added to wrestlemania 28 card, I like this match being added to the card, I think it's a good match for Rhodes and big show. I think show will win but I hope they put Cody Rhodes over like Rey did last year
Stardust Wrote:LWC, I am going to respectfully call your post out!

You can only say that based on what you know about history. When this era is over, buys like Orton, Miz, Punk will rank much higher than what we are giving them credit for. As for Cena, his run has also been overlapped with HHH, Undertaker, HBK, Jericho, Angle, Brock and for short periods of appearances, Foley and Austin. So, you cannot discredit Cena's run because it has been dead. Wrestling died due to no competition, not because the talent went away! Cena was pushing all-time annual numbers based on Net four years ago, not just recently when a lot of guys went off of television. This is not a flash in the pan, nor only happened because there is no one else to buy products.

Cena is crushing net revenue numbers for merchandise right now. You can say that Hogan did it during peak periods, but Hogan did his numbers wrestling mid-carders like Earthquake and King Kong Bundy when the well was dry for periods also. But this is the biggest factors in favor for Cena's run being more impressive. Hogan had the Hulkamania years or the Hollywood years when the fans were 100% behind his charecter. Look at the numbers that Cena is pulling in when half the crowd is chanting "We hate you"! Those fans are not buying his product. For Hogan, a 100% of the fans bought his merch because he was cool as a good guy or a bad guy. He was never truly hated. Finally, Hulk did his numbers when Wrestling was at it's peak. You can use a wider arrange of talent roster to chip away at Hulk's numbers, but Hulk was also doing it when Wrestling was pulling in 6's and 7's in TV ratings, thus a much bigger audience paying attention to, and buying the product! Cena is doing it with an audience half the size!

We agree, Cena is way under appreciated. If I am starting my company, Cena is my top guy. Cena brings in more money annually than Punk, Show and Orton combined! Pretty simple economics!

I know that merchandise sales are huge because making money is what the executives care about. However, other matters do factor in: TV ratings, PPV buys, the ability to get such heat/pop that it causes OTHERS to get heat/pop.

Again, I respect what John has done. He is great for the business. He is REALLY great in a time that was really bad. It is climbing back, but is was really bad for a while. I believe April 1st will really help the business if Y2J and Rock will help get Punk and Cena super-over into the stratosphere. However, I cannot glorify John into the super-all-time-greats because he has not elevated wrestling, like others have. On the other hand, WM28 has a chance to elevate wrestling.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Who did Bret and Shawn need to come back and get them over? Bob Backlund?
Who did Hogan and Macho need to get them over? Lou Thesz?
Cena and that generation constantly need people like Taker, HHH, etc... to come back to sell Wrestlemania, etc...

I like John and what he has done for the military and children, there are even adults like me that respect him.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Cena's not that bad of a Wrestler. he aint no Jericho or CM Punk But Cena puts on good matchs. I Think Rock and Cena are going to go all out at WrestleMania 28. The Rock will bring the Best out of Cena. Cena is going to try and out due the Rock, and from what i saw at SS The Rock looked Damn good. as far as comparing Cena and Hogan, well they both held the title alot. but when hogan held it he kept it for years. Cena has done alright letting Punk Take over as Champ and Fueding with Kane (wasnt to much into it but alot of people were on the Net) I dont think Cena could had lasted to long during the 90's but do any of you all think if Hogan just got started in the 90's while Rock and Austin was there would he had done so good? and yeah the Rating was highier when hogan was in it but Wrestling has went down the last 10 years. Football and other TV show are Growing. Back in the Day Monday Night RAW was getting just as good as rating as monday night football. now MNF gets all of the Ratings and really hurts WWE. Thing thats hurting WWE is there aint anther buisness pushing them like WCW did back in the 90's. they need to start pushing their younger guys and Sticking with some of the Guys they push. i mean come on they Have buried the Miz this year, Morrison didnt have a chance, Ziggler should had been on Smackdown and Been the Champ instead of 40 year old Mark Henry. they need to push the young guys alot more b.c u aint going to have Rock vs Cena and HHH vs Undetaker at WrestleMania every year.
Deos anyone really believe Rock can put on a great match? This is not the Rock of 10 years ago! He has not worked a match in years. You can't count tag-team matches. Trust me, it will NOT be Rock carrying Cena, it will be the other way around!
Stardust Wrote:Deos anyone really believe Rock can put on a great match? This is not the Rock of 10 years ago! He has not worked a match in years. You can't count tag-team matches. Trust me, it will NOT be Rock carrying Cena, it will be the other way around!

Yeah I think The Rock is going to shock alot of people and put on a Great Match. The Rock is in the Best Shape that he has ever been in. He has been Training for over a Year now. you know he has been Training in the Ring alot. yeah i think there will be some ring Rust but i think he can still put on Good match.The Match will go Both Ways, Then Cena will win. Cena wont lose, And after Seeing the Rock had notes on his arm monday night im Cheer for Cena in this bout
this is going to be an amazing WM!
mhshow21 Wrote:Yeah I think The Rock is going to shock alot of people and put on a Great Match. The Rock is in the Best Shape that he has ever been in. He has been Training for over a Year now. you know he has been Training in the Ring alot. yeah i think there will be some ring Rust but i think he can still put on Good match.The Match will go Both Ways, Then Cena will win. Cena wont lose, And after Seeing the Rock had notes on his arm monday night im Cheer for Cena in this bout

Really? I have been on top of this industry as much as anyone, how did that slip by Vince McMahon??? McMahon has been very worried about the Rock's in-ring performance! So much so that he can't make up his mind on whether the Rock/Cena should close the show, which is the only obvious match. Or, to have HHH/UT close it in case the Rock is not able to carry his end!