Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Estill Co. 62 - Lee Co. 53
Final from Powell Co.

Hard fought game on both sides. Estill played the better game tonight. Congrats Engineers!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Some stats that I caught from the game:

Estill's Brandon Morris, had to be player of the game with 24 points and 19 rebounds.

On Lee County's side, Tyler Evans had 12 points and 13 rebounds. Clint Cox had 11 points, all were scored in the 4th quarter.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
hard fought game on both sides, thought lee didnt have there best game, but thats probly due to estills defence, 56th district campionship on friday 7 oclock! PIRATES!!!!!!!!! all the way
Good game.

Lee jumped out to an 8 point lead in the first quarter

Estill came back in the 2nd quarter and lead at halftime 19-18

2nd Half was all Estill scoring 18 in the 3rd and 26 in the 4th. with 5:30 left Estill lead 51-34.

Morris had 25 points 15 Rebounds
Estill needs to work on their free throw shooting 12/24.

Lee was 12/18
was the News there? I saw some guy with a camera during the girls game
Estill Co. 63
Lee Co. 53

Lee Co. 11 7 11 24 53
Estill Co. 9 10 18 26 63

56th District at Powell Co.

Lee Co. (11-16) -- Baker 5, T. Mays 6, Marshall 8, Cornelius 7, Cox 11, Gilbert 2, Evans 12, R. Mays 2.

Estill Co. (11-20) -- Jones 12, Baber 11, Muncie 8, Evans 4, Morris 25, Jenkins 3.

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2009/12/02/10403...rylink=cpy

Estill's Baber was 3/4 from 3 with 11 points
Worst quarter of play for Lee in the third. It sucks for the seniors to go out with performances line tonight. Was a little worried of hostility between fans and players but for the most part, everyone behaved well. Again, I gotta complain...less darn heat in the gym lol
Looks like Coach Wright got out coached again this year in the district. He has no idea how to make adjustments like Estill and Powell's Coaches both do. Seems like he would learn eventually, but he just don't get it. Maybe their new principal will realize this and send him on his way. He is horrible.
D1Recruiter Wrote:Looks like Coach Wright got out coached again this year in the district. He has no idea how to make adjustments like Estill and Powell's Coaches both do. Seems like he would learn eventually, but he just don't get it. Maybe their new principal will realize this and send him on his way. He is horrible.

Didn't Lee County beat Estill last year in the final and won the district? Seems like Wright just came up short tonight. Each coach seems to do the best with what they have and Coach Wright's teams are always a hard out in any tournament they play.
Big Game Player Wrote:Didn't Lee County beat Estill last year in the final and won the district? Seems like Wright just came up short tonight. Each coach seems to do the best with what they have and Coach Wright's teams are always a hard out in any tournament they play.

Yeah, I am not entirely sure what D1Recruiter is talking about. Estill County joined the 56th District in the 05/06 season and since that time Estill had never beaten Lee in Districts until last night and to add to that, Lee County has won three District Championships in that time span which is triple the amount that any other 56th District team has won in that time span! So, Coach Wright has to be making some kind of adjustments to win 3 District Championships in 6 years! Also, let me add that all three of those Championships were won against Estill County!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Congrats Estill...Good win, I had Lee Co winning.
I'd rather be in the 56th District and 14th Region then 40th District and 10th Region