Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 56 - Lawrence County 47
This was a closer game than I expected it to be.
LC has improved and has proved that over the last couple of weeks. They came to play tonight and the TIGERS just couldn't find the bucket tonight for three quarters. TIGERS kept their composure and started getting the feel in the 4th quarter. Hats off to LC! They have NOTHING to hang their heads about! They made the TIGERS earn it tonight.

Young TIGERS stepped up tonight!

K.Daniel 14 (Let the game come to him tonight)
L.Trimble 13 (8/8 FT in the 4th)
T.Tiller 13 (Also let the game come to him and had a MONSTROUS 2 hand dunk at the end!)
T.Sublett 8 (BIG 3 in the fourth to put the TIGERS ahead)
H.Ratliff 4 (Played well off the bench)
C.Burchett 3 (Had a 3 in the 1st, just couldn't get it to fall tonight. Forget it Colby. Be ready for Wed.)
M.Miller 1 (Didn't score much. But, altered a lot of shots causing a bunch of misses)

May not have been a pretty one or a blow out. BUT, at least it happened tonight. Now let's get our heads on straight for the Cards!

Quick question for the LC people. Why was Chaffins on the bench as much as he was? He played well when he was in.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
LC played hard tonight when out-manned by the tigers. If I was a LC fan I would be immensely proud of how they played.

I got my dunk for the night so I was happy lol. Hopefully the tigers saved a great performance for SC.
Congrats to the Tigers for advancing on in the district, and sounds like a big congrats their staff for keeping their young talent focused while taking the heat away from them. Coach Ratliff needs to be commended for his conviction in what he thinks is right for his team, and it is paying off not only now but what may be a bright future for Tiger basketball again.
Great game to watch and be a part of. Congratulations to the Tigers on the win, I was really impressed with Trimble and Daniels. Lawrence County controlled this game frome late in the second quarter through the third quarter, but the Tigers dominated in the fourth period. As to why Austin Chaffins sat the bench for most of the game I'm not sure, everyone in the gym seen what we could do when he was on the court. Blake Prince, and Brandon Richardson the other 8th grader played outstanding. Loved the effort from those two. Kiser should have touched the ball more down low.
LC started off extremely slow, but came back in the 2nd and played great from then on. Paintsville hit some nice 3's when they needed to and hit their free throws when it counted. Nice dunk there at the end by Tiller off an LC turnover.

Congrats Paintsville.

OTH, I have no idea what the real reason is/was for Chaffins sitting so much, but I will say this... with the young talent LC has the future looks nice for them.
congrats Tigers on the win, look forward to seeing you play us wednesday. lc played hard tonight but same with the times they played us this year it seems like the same thing, they have talent but the coaching strategy is very questionable. both teams have young talent but ratliff has enough confidence in his to let them play. trimble did good tonight. awesome dunk by tiller. watch out for johnson wednesday!
Miller needs to be fired, end of story. For the Chaffins kid to have sit all year long and then last night is nonsense. He has won 2 games vs KY teams in 2 yearsif things don't go down quick it could get ugly at lchs.
Congrats Tigers!! Should be optimistic on the future with seeing how the young kids are stepping it up, though wouldn't consider the Dawgs top notch competition. Good win anyway though. Congrats!!!
Tigers one big win away from having a sucessful season.
Sheldon clark region favorite will have all the pressure on their shoulders
so wouldn't be suprised to see the tigers pull this one out on their home-
court.
LCDawg Wrote:LC started off extremely slow, but came back in the 2nd and played great from then on. Paintsville hit some nice 3's when they needed to and hit their free throws when it counted. Nice dunk there at the end by Tiller off an LC turnover.

Congrats Paintsville.

OTH, I have no idea what the real reason is/was for Chaffins sitting so much, but I will say this... with the young talent LC has the future looks nice for them.

Seems they always start slow vs. Paintsville according to you, I guess third time was a charm. Nice job of minimizing the Tiger victory, nice dunk at the end off an LC turnover? Really? Hit threes when theey needed them? Ect... I listened to the game Dawg, don't be a sore loser.
TigerBlues Wrote:Seems they always start slow vs. Paintsville according to you, I guess third time was a charm. Nice job of minimizing the Tiger victory, nice dunk at the end off an LC turnover? Really? Hit threes when theey needed them? Ect... I listened to the game Dawg, don't be a sore loser.

What??? Nothing I said was meant to "minimize" Paintsvilles victory... I was just stating the facts. LC started off slow... actually I think it was 8-0 Paintsville before LC scored. LC lead much of the game until about 4 to go in the fourth. Sublett hit a big 3 and it was all downhill from there.

And as for the NICE dunk by Tiller, it was off an LC turnover... exactly what I said. I guess your just one of the many trying to stir the pot.
Dawg_4_Life Wrote:Miller needs to be fired, end of story. For the Chaffins kid to have sit all year long and then last night is nonsense. He has won 2 games vs KY teams in 2 yearsif things don't go down quick it could get ugly at lchs.

Seriously... we going to start this garbage already???
I have all the faith in the world in paintsville tommorow night.
LCDawg Wrote:Seriously... we going to start this garbage already???

Yes we are gonna start this. The guy just isn't getting it done. He wasn't the right hire to begin with and he is running kids off with his style of play and lack of coaching. We need a fresh, young person to take over and get this young group to the sweet 16.
Dawg_4_Life Wrote:Yes we are gonna start this. The guy just isn't getting it done. He wasn't the right hire to begin with and he is running kids off with his style of play and lack of coaching. We need a fresh, young person to take over and get this young group to the sweet 16.
Sadly, if LC wins this Paintsville game here this wouldn't even be an issue...

Anyone that can say last years season was Coach Millers fault doesn't have a clue. No coach in the country could have won games with that team. Kids transferring out and the rest just not playing. This year a few came out and they played well and were in a lot of the games that they lost.

If people give Coach M. a chance, next year should be a totally different year for LC with all the young talent coming up to HS.
I'm telling you, if Miller is hear next year most of those kids we have coming up won't be at LC. Its a fact!
^ Oh I don't doubt you in the least. I am sure they will transfer to JC, Paintsville or some other school and the result will be the same as it has been for most all others that have transferred from LC... they should have stayed where they were.

BTW, I would hope LC learned their lesson on hiring the "fresh, young person" with Elliott... we all saw how that worked out.
Dawg_4_Life Wrote:I'm telling you, if Miller is hear next year most of those kids we have coming up won't be at LC. Its a fact!

well ok then. don't let the door hit them when they leave. did you expect the coach to play the style you think is best when he didn't have the players to run it? maybe you should coach? you have all the answers. the day this school, my alma mater, begins letting parents dictate who coaches by threatening transferring them is the day i stop cheering for them. hopefully the administration calls their bluff.
lchsalumnus Wrote:well ok then. don't let the door hit them when they leave. did you expect the coach to play the style you think is best when he didn't have the players to run it? maybe you should coach? you have all the answers. the day this school, my alma mater, begins letting parents dictate who coaches by threatening transferring them is the day i stop cheering for them. hopefully the administration calls their bluff.
This coach is out of touch with the entire school system! He has no clue how to run a team or motivate a young person to want to play! Ask any of the guys who were on the team about practice they will tell you they NEVER practiced, they played open gym. Ask them about their offense, they will tell you they didn't have an offense. They never practiced defense and when it comes down to it I would be pretty much all of them don't like him. I'm not saying he's not a nice person or anything I'm just saying that with the group of kids LCHS has coming up they better make a change or I'm afraid next year they will struggle to field a team!
Dawg_4_Life Wrote:This coach is out of touch with the entire school system! He has no clue how to run a team or motivate a young person to want to play! Ask any of the guys who were on the team about practice they will tell you they NEVER practiced, they played open gym. Ask them about their offense, they will tell you they didn't have an offense. They never practiced defense and when it comes down to it I would be pretty much all of them don't like him. I'm not saying he's not a nice person or anything I'm just saying that with the group of kids LCHS has coming up they better make a change or I'm afraid next year they will struggle to field a team!

you are right. lets just fire all the coaches that players don't like. why not let the parents run everything in town too? why not let the kids choose when to go to school and when to go to class and when to do homework. hey maybe they also hate their teachers. maybe maybe maybe. my point is that when parents begin hand selecting coaches just over the fact they don't like their style or don't like how they run things that is the day this school system is finished for me. parents have their job. bringing their kids to and from practice. that is it! nothing more, nothing less. once this group of parents realizes this the better it will be. i still say if these parents want to threaten this crap then take their kids elsewhere. i don't think anyone would want those type of attitudes around anyways. all about me attitude that is.
Dawg_4_Life Wrote:This coach is out of touch with the entire school system! He has no clue how to run a team or motivate a young person to want to play! Ask any of the guys who were on the team about practice they will tell you they NEVER practiced, they played open gym. Ask them about their offense, they will tell you they didn't have an offense. They never practiced defense and when it comes down to it I would be pretty much all of them don't like him. I'm not saying he's not a nice person or anything I'm just saying that with the group of kids LCHS has coming up they better make a change or I'm afraid next year they will struggle to field a team!

Only part of this entire statement that is true is that they had open gym and that was ONLY on Sundays... the rest is pure BS!
Totally agree with Dawg4Life. Something has to be done. He's had two years. He has proved only one thing. THAT HE CANT COACH. The group he had this year and still only beat two ky teams. These boys are fast pace team but only thing he knows how to do is slow them down. You cant slow down and run time when you are the one down. Any good coach knows this and you have to play the right combination of players. This is highschool level. He coaches elementary style. Maybe at some point and time he was a good coach, not sure, but one thing i do know is it is time for him to move on. We have a bright future at lc with a talented group of kids coming up and we need someone who can take them to a higher level not SLOW THEM DOWN or tear them apart. That is all he is going to do.