Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
West Jessamine girls’ basketball Conner signs with Midway
It’s been five years since a girls’ basketball player from West Jessamine signed with a college, but senior Erin Conner made it look easy when she signed with Midway College last Thursday.

“They’ve been trying to (sign me) since the summer, and we’ve been kind of going back and forth, and they offered me a good deal, and I liked the school so I took it,” Conner said.

Conner, the lone senior on the team, has played for West since she was in the sixth grade, when she played on the freshman team. Conner made varsity by the time she was in the eighth grade. She had played under four different head coaches and countless assistant coaches. During the seven-year span she played in more than 150 games. During her five years on varsity, the Lady Colts went 25-87.

Conner said playing at West has taught her how to go through different things and adapt to new and different situations.

“Midway is close to home, and I’m very family oriented, so that played a big part in it,” Conner said. “I liked the coaching; I really like the way they coach; I like the way the team is run.”

Conner plans on studying special education.

Midway is in the midst of a 4-21 season.

The last Lady Colt who signed with a college to play basketball was Katie Bailey in 2007; she graduated from Berea College last May.

http://www.centralkynews.com/jessaminejo...5493.story