Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KCC winning the 14th region tourney
I cant remember the last time we had the kind of an advantage to win the region with the talent to do it. Having the regional tourney on our home court with 15th region refs. Having Raymond should give us a huge advantage with the refs. I think this team is gonna do it! What does everyone else think?
They have a shot for sure. PCC, Breathitt, and Buckhorn are also nice squads. Hazard has the shooters to pull an upset if they play well. In all fairness, PCC has to be a slight favorite to win the 14th.
Pcc!
They've lost 3 games within the Region in 2 weeks.
Knott is a good team but I think there is enough talent around the region to counter their "advantage".
come on zaga ^ Its called sarcasm. norm stewart has always had something smart to say bout knott co. he would probably cry if knott won but i do believe they will win so yea they do got a advantage with home court plus jenkins first round so they just got to take care of their own business
PCC will win the region.
jacobcody2 Wrote:PCC will win the region.

Then why do they play basketball games at all?
Norm Stewert Wrote:I cant remember the last time we had the kind of an advantage to win the region with the talent to do it. Having the regional tourney on our home court with 15th region refs. Having Raymond should give us a huge advantage with the refs. I think this team is gonna do it! What does everyone else think?

The 15th region refs are a big enough advantage not to mention the home court. Everyone knows that KCC has always had an advantage with 15th region refs and IMO some shady relationships between refs and player's fathers in years past. I just hope in all fairness the refs will let the players decide the game, but we all know this is not always the case. There is one ref in particular whom I am not going to mention but I know he will not be fair.
BIGDADDY B Wrote:The 15th region refs are a big enough advantage not to mention the home court. Everyone knows that KCC has always had an advantage with 15th region refs and IMO some shady relationships between refs and player's fathers in years past. I just hope in all fairness the refs will let the players decide the game, but we all know this is not always the case. There is one ref in particular whom I am not going to mention but I know he will not be fair.

Why not? You have already mentioned his name in other threads several times.
The 14th Regional Tournament is going to be very competitive. I am going to come in for the semi-finals or Finals. Anyone know if there is going to be 2 charges for the semi-finals? I had heard that in the past after semi-final #1 you had to pay to get back in or something like that.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Knott has an advantage but losing late will effect them and I see Perry running wild in Lexington.
Maybe running wild to get to Lexington, but not in Lexington. I figured you would have mentioned Breathitt in the mix of possibilities to win the 14th with the Great Denny Fugate at the Reins.
No offense to anyone but Perry choked last year in Lexington, and if they make it this year I see more of the same....
HeGotGame Wrote:No offense to anyone but Perry choked last year in Lexington, and if they make it this year I see more of the same....

Thank you Ms. Cleo

Any more predictions?
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:The 14th Regional Tournament is going to be very competitive. I am going to come in for the semi-finals or Finals. Anyone know if there is going to be 2 charges for the semi-finals? I had heard that in the past after semi-final #1 you had to pay to get back in or something like that.

They had a double-session at Breathitt County a few years ago because the gym is so small.

I wouldn't think Knott County would do the same.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Why not? You have already mentioned his name in other threads several times.

Glad to see you are an avid reader of my posts. It just makes me feel warm all over to know I have such a loyal following.
BIGDADDY B Wrote:Glad to see you are an avid reader of my posts. It just makes me feel warm all over to know I have such a loyal following.

Now I know what the B stands for. I see you dotting the eyes and crossing the T's in preparation for the multitude of excuses that will be showered upon the BR nation if Perry Central doesn't go to state. I personally do not think you have anything to worry about, as I believe PCC will take the region and lose in the first or second round of the state tourney. In two years, when the region is scheduled for the Punkin Palace, the powers that be, can bring in their ole buddies from the 16th region. That is if the powers that be, still have any power.
kcc will get upset in semis and pcc will probly be in the championship but not saying they will win for sure, some team will probly get hot and the favored team will get upset, there is always upsets! you cant always go by facts and stats, sometimes it just comes down to who is there to play that day and who wants it more
zaga_fan Wrote:They had a double-session at Breathitt County a few years ago because the gym is so small.

I wouldn't think Knott County would do the same.

Hazard did this also last year.. And although knott should since the other schools made more money this way. I doubt they will, the powers in charge mentioned they just wanted everyone to enjoy the games-not pay a fortune.
zaga_fan Wrote:Thank you Ms. Cleo

Any more predictions?

Well, not really a prediction per say.... BUT Knott did win the iHigh tourney so at least we know they aren't afraid to play in Lexington. Hahaha

I love March- may the best team win!
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Now I know what the B stands for. I see you dotting the eyes and crossing the T's in preparation for the multitude of excuses that will be showered upon the BR nation if Perry Central doesn't go to state. I personally do not think you have anything to worry about, as I believe PCC will take the region and lose in the first or second round of the state tourney. In two years, when the region is scheduled for the Punkin Palace, the powers that be, can bring in their ole buddies from the 16th region. That is if the powers that be, still have any power.

I know where you are from and their has to be plenty of excuses up that way. With a team of that kind of size and athleticism it mystifies me as to how they have not had a better year. So speaking of excuses I would like to hear yours in explaining this enigma to me.
BIGDADDY B Wrote:I know where you are from and their has to be plenty of excuses up that way. With a team of that kind of size and athleticism it mystifies me as to how they have not had a better year. So speaking of excuses I would like to hear yours in explaining this enigma to me.

Well I am impressed and mystified that it only took you two weeks to figure out where I am from. That could be record. Confusednicker: As far as excuses, I have none nor have I conjured any up for future usage in case the season doesn't end the way I had hoped. Like everyone else, I have opinions but I keep them to myself.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Well I am impressed and mystified that it only took you two weeks to figure out where I am from. That could be record. Confusednicker: As far as excuses, I have none nor have I conjured any up for future usage in case the season doesn't end the way I had hoped. Like everyone else, I have opinions but I keep them to myself.

I've known where you have been from for sometime by your posts with the LCC girl's threads. The only thing that threw me off is your claim to be a state champion because I know of none up that way. I know you have opinions but with what has went on up there this year you are speechless, and if you are keeping your opinions to yourself it would be the first time.
HeGotGame Wrote:Well, not really a prediction per say.... BUT Knott did win the iHigh tourney so at least we know they aren't afraid to play in Lexington. Hahaha

I love March- may the best team win!

Knott performed much better in Lexington when they played Butler a couple of years ago.
Butler was the lowest rank team in the tourney and Knott showed them how they do it in Hindman.

I'm glad Knott can play in Lexington though.
Over the past 2 weeks they have proved they can't play in Hindman, Jackson, and Buckhorn.
Let's see how they finish up in Jenkins on Saturday.
hey zaga did Jenkins shock the wolrd tonight? Did they beat KCC?
BIGDADDY B Wrote:I've known where you have been from for sometime by your posts with the LCC girl's threads. The only thing that threw me off is your claim to be a state champion because I know of none up that way. I know you have opinions but with what has went on up there this year you are speechless, and if you are keeping your opinions to yourself it would be the first time.

:lmao: You might want to do a little more research before you make statements about my claims. The state champion moniker is generated by BluegrassRivals as to, I believe, how many times you have posted. The same as your's says "equipment manager". So I am not the one who put state champion up there. You are right, with the exception of some AAU basketball teams, some track and field and cross country individuals, we are lacking in state titles. Hopefully, some day, those may come. We seem to be producing individuals who go on to win collegiate national championships at a rapid pace. As far as keeping opinions to myself, the simplest of animals doesn't take a s@#t in his own back yard. So, like any good animal, I go into the neighbors yard. Most of the time, that just happens to be Perry County.
zaga_fan Wrote:Knott performed much better in Lexington when they played Butler a couple of years ago.
Butler was the lowest rank team in the tourney and Knott showed them how they do it in Hindman.

I'm glad Knott can play in Lexington though.
Over the past 2 weeks they have proved they can't play in Hindman, Jackson, and Buckhorn.
Let's see how they finish up in Jenkins on Saturday.

Lol
jacobcody2 Wrote:hey zaga did Jenkins shock the wolrd tonight? Did they beat KCC?

They almost did.
The refs took it from em in the end.
ah boys!
zaga_fan Wrote:They almost did.
The refs took it from em in the end.

Yep! They got HOSED.