Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WHAT GOING ON IN THE 13th
who is going to win the region and what players to wacth for:problemgirl::problemgirl:
Going to have to wait and see how the draw looks before I make my prediction. Matchups are big.
Just like everyone has been saying all year; Clay County and Whitley County are leaps and bounds above the rest. Harlan County, Harlan City, Bell County and maybe Corbin if they can get back to team ball will be the next list.

Right now I would have to say Clay County; don't think Whitley County has enough fire power inside to beat Clay. Going to be some good games.
clay co. CLAY CO.
b1gblu3sports Wrote:Just like everyone has been saying all year; Clay County and Whitley County are leaps and bounds above the rest. Harlan County, Harlan City, Bell County and maybe Corbin if they can get back to team ball will be the next list.

Right now I would have to say Clay County; don't think Whitley County has enough fire power inside to beat Clay. Going to be some good games.

I agree with everything you said until the end. Whitley had Clay beat at Whitley, but started rushing shots and quit going inside. Whitley has the Craig girl inside who can match up with any big girl in this region. Just because she isn't putting up truckloads of points each game doesn't mean she is not capable. She is a team player and this team has lots of players who can fill up the basket. It has to do with the number of touches she is given by her coach and team members. She is posted and open down low game after game after game.......Her defense and shot blocking ability is second to none in this region. Whitley Co. is alot better now than they were at the beginning of the season when they played Clay the first time. Keep selling Whitley Co. short ...you will be in for a big surprise....:dontthink
I agree with you Wizard but THEY DIDN'T WIN... I could say "well I could have shot 15 shots under par yesterday, but man I just missed several putts." My point is this Whitley is good and when hitting their shots COULD beat Clay. Just don't see it happening. If I remember right, Whitley was up by like 15 with 4 minutes to go and still lost. I'm not counting Whitley out I'm just saying that I don't see Whitley beating them. Would I be surprised if Whitley wins region, no I would not be. I'm just saying that Clay County is the best team in the 13th region, not saying they cannot be beat.
Everybody has a right to their opinion. You have yours and I have mine. That's why they play the games.....we will just have to watch and see what happens. Either way I think one of these two teams will win the 13th Region. I know Clay will be the favorite and they deserve to be due to the way they have dominated this Region in the past. People better know that nothing last forever, and Whitley is doing this with a bunch of sophmores and freshman. They are going to be the team to beat the next couple of years. Eventually they will get the respect they deserve. Smile
^
Agreed, Clay should be the favorite until someone beats them, i just really hope someone does this year.
I think you need to read my post again Wizard. I said the same thing you just said. Clay County and then Whitley. Thats not my opinion thats the facts (standings). I never said Whitley couldn't beat them and never said anything bad about Whitley County. You hit the nail on the head with the statement of Whitley County being young. Clay has more experience and stronger inside. And yes, thats why they play the game, remember how Harlan County beat Harlan Independent with ease at South Laurel and then turned around a week later and Independent beat County..... It's the excitement of the game. Looking forward to this coming week.
That's where our opinions differ....Whitley does have enough fire power inside if they choose to use it. So far, they haven't needed too every game because they have so much fire power outside. If these two teams meet again Clay is going to see a much stronger and confident Whitley Co. team. They have played one of the toughest schedules in the entire state. They may be young....., but they are road tested! Ask Glasgow and Bell Co how good they are......and they are getting better and better every game. Good Luck to whoever you are rooting for.....as for me it's GO LADY COLONELS!!!:lolrage:
The great thing about being a Whitley fan is that 4 starters return next year as well as the leading scorer.
This team only has 2 seniors, Anderson, who contributs and is a good inside presence for us, and one more who sees little action.

IMO, the best player in the region is only a sophomore, and shes ours.
I'm just a sports fan, I don't care who wins. But it is what it is and good luck to all teams.
Go lady tigers!!!! Smile