Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tee Martin to Southern Cal?
Looks like UK Will be losing our WR Coach.

USC quarterback Matt Barkley tweeted this earlier:

Quote:Excited to welcome @TeeMartin17 to the Trojan Family as our new WR coach! Gonna be a great year! #FightOn

http://www.nationofblue.com/tee-you-later-martin-10580/
Big time loss for our program.
He helped with recruiting more than anything else. I don't blame him on the move.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“This is a great tradition that we have to live up to. It feels good that we were able to do this for Kentucky.” Brandon Knight

“it was a tough one, but we’re the real blue.” Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

"This is MY state!" Anthony Davis
Feel sorry for all the wide receivers barkely will watch drop passes.
^^Exactly what I was thinking..

Not sure where anyone is getting how it's such a big loss, lol..besides in recruiting of course. But hell, I've just about given up on our football program anyway.
I just cannot believe he didn't wait around for a better offer. He is leaving one school as WR coach, to be WR coach at a better program. It is a better offer, but why take the Mazda when you can wait for the Camaro?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Not a lateral move for Tee. Coaching WR's at USC is a bigger deal than coaching WR's at Kentucky. Just as being an assistant BB Coach at Kentucky would be bigger than being an assistant at USC.
I cannot believe this I saw tee leaving for nobody but ut... Tee had offers from auburn alabama and ut for the same position and he turned them all down and took a raise to stay at uk well after he interviewed with kiffin uk lined up another raise but he didnt take it and he left... I dont understand how u turn those other offers down and then a few months later u leave anyway I wonder if something happened amongst tee and joker because a month ago it seemed that tee was happy to stay here.........Idk how anyone can trust lane kiffin but none the less good luck to tee martin...
Can't say I saw this coming. Tee is a Tennessee legend, so everyone just assumed that would be his next stop. This moves shows he doesn't just want to be at Tennessee, he wants to work up the ladder. He'll be at UT someday, but it might be as HC in 10 years, not as WR coach now. As for the replacement, Gerad Parker has to be the favorite, right?
It is just another job for Martin to pad his resume with. Kentucky is a stepping stone program. Anyone that has any coaching talent doesn't stay here long.
Brandon40403 Wrote:I cannot believe this I saw tee leaving for nobody but ut... Tee had offers from auburn alabama and ut for the same position and he turned them all down and took a raise to stay at uk well after he interviewed with kiffin uk lined up another raise but he didnt take it and he left... I dont understand how u turn those other offers down and then a few months later u leave anyway I wonder if something happened amongst tee and joker because a month ago it seemed that tee was happy to stay here.........Idk how anyone can trust lane kiffin but none the less good luck to tee martin...

I'm pretty sure Tee was never actually offered a job at Tennessee, atleast that's what he told the Knoxville News Sentinel on Wednesday. If he had been offered, I'd be willing to bet that he would have accepted.

Anyway, a good career move for Tee. He'll be working with some of the best WR's in the country. It's just too bad he has to be associated with USC's douchebag coach.
And Joker cant even keep the one guy on his coaching staff that had a bright future.

Congratulation Joke, lets get our 3 wins this year and smile....
No one could keep him on staff. it would be like UK offering a asst coach from So Cal a spot.
^
Its always some sort of excuse of how its not Jokers fault and its only because UK is not a football school.
When we win 3 games this year please quit defending this rejects.
Deff a hit to UKs recruiting. A lot of players and incoming players were big on Tee but who knows we might get someone that can actually teach them how to catch the ball. Confusednicker:
Can't say that i blame him. Good move for him.
It's a great move for him since USC will be major contenders in the upcoming season.
This should shut the door on any move back to Tennessee. Anyone with ANY connection with the USC coach would be toxic to orange. But surf and turf is a better option than Rocky Top. Look for T to move to quarterback coach, remember he was the coach of UKs best QB this past season.....
Boys why are we worried about recruiting? We have Black helmets that are going to be bringing in all the 5 Stars recruits.
^
lol, thats what im thinking.