Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letcher Central 44 Buckhorn 37
Final from LCC.
really doesnt surprise me...letcher is better than what theyve been showing
someone just told me day might have been out though.
wood_chuck Wrote:someone just told me day might have been out though.

Day played

Letcher Co. Central 44
Buckhorn 37

Buckhorn 6 8 13 10 37
Letcher Co. Central 7 10 11 16 44

Buckhorn (20-5) -- Blank 5, Easterling 13, T. Gay 2, Day 12, Cooper 5.

Letcher Co. Central (17-12) -- Johnson 10, Stewart 9, Ballou 5, Gregory 5, Whitaker 8, Robinson 5, Kincer 2.

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2009/12/02/10403...rylink=cpy
Good win for cougars
If Day only had 12 points then something's wrong. Evidently his shoulder is still bothering him.
Johnson is what went wrong. Ryan Couch was out for the horn.
UKisN1 Wrote:Johnson is what went wrong. Ryan Couch was out for the horn.

Couch is just about as important as Day... Couch does all the little things..

But good win for Letcher Central
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I think it is funny that some of these posters insinuate that the only reason LCC wins is because of injuries to Buckhorn, but they never have mentioned in another thread that maybe the only reason Hazard won against LCC was because Logan Johnson went down in the second quarter.
Logan Johson is the best defender in the mountains-------THE BEST-----period
LCC flat out beat buckhorn and day. Day was terrible....really off his game. Much of that was because johnson's great defense. If you contain day buckhorn is simply middle of the pack in the 14th. LCC left the Gay twins open all night and doubled on Day. Dont think either of them hit an outside shot and they were forced to shoot because thats what was open.

Really didn't like Day's attitude. Seemed to be a big cry baby. Complained most of the game. And the coaches from buckhorn allowed him to complain. Also noticed that in the 4th Q buckhorns players looked like they were fighting with one another on offense. Actually saw Day and Blanks yelling at each other while trying to run offense. This L could be the end for Buckhorn. May not be able to bounce back!

Go LCC!
Agreed Windsprint. And has probably been the best defender for the past 3 seasons. If you ask any player from the opposing teams like Tate Cox the last 2 years at KCC, I think they would agree. Cameron Justice scored either 2-4 points the second half after putting Johnson on him in the KCC game. Then last night Day looked miserable. IMO, you don't play a bad game if you are overmanned, and Johnson just overmanned him. A nice win for LCC last night. Hope Logan is 100% going into the tourney. Congrats Cougars~.
Not only is he a great defender, he does a great job of getting to the basket. He's a very strong kid. LCC is big, strong and athletic enough to give any of the best in the 14th a run for their money. Congrats on the win Cougars!!
Buckhorn will get punched in the face again Friday by KCC. Better duck this time and stop fighting among themselves. They are not good enough to have problems among themselves and win. Better get back to being a family Buckhorn. Matt Day is good but he is nothing without his team mates.
brinkley Wrote:LCC flat out beat buckhorn and day. Day was terrible....really off his game. Much of that was because johnson's great defense. If you contain day buckhorn is simply middle of the pack in the 14th. LCC left the Gay twins open all night and doubled on Day. Dont think either of them hit an outside shot and they were forced to shoot because thats what was open.

Really didn't like Day's attitude. Seemed to be a big cry baby. Complained most of the game. And the coaches from buckhorn allowed him to complain. Also noticed that in the 4th Q buckhorns players looked like they were fighting with one another on offense. Actually saw Day and Blanks yelling at each other while trying to run offense. This L could be the end for Buckhorn. May not be able to bounce back!

Go LCC!

I havent seen this said before, but I seen him play 3 times and it is the same every game. He even grabbed one of the refs during the game with harlan county to complain that somebody grabbed his arm. Ref didn't do anything about it either, so until something IS done, he won't stop.
Sorry to see such a great play with such a bad attitude.
Sounds like a defensive struggle, I love games like this. Congrats LCC on a great win.
:Cheerlead LCC!
I didn't see the team argue amonst themselves but I can assure you this is one of the closest teams in the region. If they were having words it is nothing to worry about. However, this was a very bad game for Buckhorn for sure. Couch not playing hurt them and Day isn't 100% with his shoulder. LCC did come out and take it to them though. Good win for LCC. Hopefully Buckhorn can shake the cob webs out before next week or it will be a long night against Perry. LCC is a team that can beat someone come tournament time.
nice win
Win looks pretty good after the horn's win against KCC last night.